Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2022, 21:21   #241
Team-BHP Support

Re: Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Hi all,
Wanted to know the going rate of second owner, 18 thousand kms run Street Triple with 50% tyres and incomplete service history. I want to graduate from Ninja 650 to Street Triple and currently evaluating preowned options.

Thank you!
It seems you're referring to a specific bike. To respond to that question in more specific terms, it would be useful to know the following:

MH registered?
675?
765? S? RS?
Model Year?

Any other qualitative input would also be helpful since you mention, incomplete history etc.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 10:42   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
It seems you're referring to a specific bike. To respond to that question in more specific terms, it would be useful to know the following:

MH registered?
675?
765? S? RS?
Model Year?

Any other qualitative input would also be helpful since you mention, incomplete history etc.
Its MH registered 765S 2015 model year with incomplete (partial service history). Its a second owner bike with a dealer in Bombay. Somehow I am not comfortable buying it from a dealer but not getting a good lead on individual owned bikes.
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 11:15   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its MH registered 765S 2015 model year with incomplete (partial service history). Its a second owner bike with a dealer in Bombay. Somehow I am not comfortable buying it from a dealer but not getting a good lead on individual owned bikes.
Why dont you ask brother axe here to check on the local triumph group on whatsapp? They are huge and its always better to find someone through such a group with riding history.

Trust me, even individual sellers much prefer this route.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 11:22   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Check out this dealer in Pune! SBK World, Wakdewadi.

I've no personal experience but sharing my observations,
- They seem to have some Triumph connection
- Their inventory is small and moves out quicker
- People from Mumbai, a famous one came here for a specific/exotic superbike!

Happy shopping.
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 11:30   #245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry something is incorrect I think. I can’t recall specifically but I think the 765S was launched in 2017 (at best 2016 but more likely 2017). If its a 2015 model its a 675. Else its a later model.

Can you reconfirm please?

Thanks
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 12:58   #246
BHPian

I recently went to the One Triumph, Gurgaon showroom and got to know that a certain gentleman is selling his 2016 Candy Red Street Twin (First Gen). I saw the motorbike and found it to be quite 'clean', the odo reads just 921 km. The showroom guys told me that the owner has not ridden the motorcycle much because of travel and other engagements and showed me the service records.

All looked fine till I reached the records for the year 2022 where I see that in April the bike has gone through a major engine overhaul with the engine head and other related parts replaced (under warranty). When I turned the bike on, I noticed that the engine check light was on. I asked the good folks at the showroom about this and they told me that the bike was stationary for a long time and when one day the owner took it out for a spin, there was some noise coming from the engine which they fixed (by replacing parts under warranty).

Now I am inclined to believe this story, but I can't spin my head around the fact that a less than 1000km run bike from a reputed manufacturer like Triumph will need such a major engine job and yet the problem wasn't fixed because the engine check light was still on when I saw the bike last weekend.

I am posting this to seek advice from the group of Triumph owners on whether I should be considering this particular bike because when I get my hands on it, there will be no Triumph warranty. And if any of you happen to know of the original owner who can tell me realistically what is going on. Appreciate any help.

PS: For privacy reasons, I am not posting pictures or vehicle number here but I have details with me and can discuss them privately.
Old 2nd September 2022, 13:00   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry something is incorrect I think. I can’t recall specifically but I think the 765S was launched in 2017 (at best 2016 but more likely 2017).
The 765 S was launched in India on 12th June, 2017.

https://www.india.com/car-and-bike/l...-lakh-3279886/

I would advice against buying from any dealer unless you are really, really knowledgeable about these big bikes. In any case besides this model year mixup, any bike with an incomplete service history is a big no no.

In case I do hear about any bike being sold by a direct owner in Poona or Bombay (MH registered) will post it here.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 2nd September 2022 at 13:03.
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 13:06   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
I recently went to the One Triumph, Gurgaon showroom and got to know that a certain gentleman is selling his 2016 Candy Red Street Twin (First Gen). I saw the motorbike and found it to be quite 'clean', the odo reads just 921 km.
Any bike that sits for 6 years and only ridden 900 km will have issues. Bikes and cars have a lot of moving parts that need to move and not sit still. What you are describing is quite normal. Hoses and pipes become brittle, the cam chain tensioner starts to rattle, the fuel lines get clogged, and a bunch of other nasty stuff happens.

Does the previous (not 2022) service records show that all fluids were flushed, timing chain changed, engine, brake, clutch oils changed?

If none of this bits were taken care of, and the owner rode the bike, then there was damage to the engine and components due to the bike just sitting idle.

I would suggest you not to pursue this bike - it has engine issues due to improper servicing and owner apathy.

The miles on a bike ridden matter more than the miles on the instrument panel.

Last edited by no_fear : 2nd September 2022 at 13:11.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 14:17   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Hi,

Check out this dealer in Pune! SBK World, Wakdewadi.
Thanks Suraj, He is ex Triumph person if I am not wrong.

Quote:
Sorry something is incorrect I think. I can’t recall specifically but I think the 765S was launched in 2017 (at best 2016 but more likely 2017). If its a 2015 model its a 675. Else its a later model.
I am also not sure and my knowledge is limited to old Jeeps and bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

I would advice against buying from any dealer unless you are really, really knowledgeable about these big bikes. In any case besides this model year mixup, any bike with an incomplete service history is a big no no.

In case I do hear about any bike being sold by a direct owner in Poona or Bombay (MH registered) will post it here.
Thanks for the inputs, decided to stay away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Trust me, even individual sellers much prefer this route.
Point taken, will go slow with the search. You know these impulsive decisions
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 14:56   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
Any bike that sits for 6 years and only ridden 900 km will have issues.

I would suggest you not to pursue this bike - it has engine issues due to improper servicing and owner apathy.

The miles on a bike ridden matter more than the miles on the instrument panel.
I hear you and thanks for the advice. 6 years and less than 1000km on the odo is a big red flag for me too. The silver lining here was that the bike wouldn't have been dropped or damaged physically and Bonnie engines are known to be quite bulletproof owing to their simplicity. As per the service records, the bike has been maintained at One Triumph and nothing more than usual over the years except for this April 2022 engine head thingy.

But then this being my first step up to a foreign brand, I'd rather be cautious in order not to ruin my experience and my dream of owning a Triumph.

Sigh! The search continues on. Any leads for a candy red Street Twin will be appreciated
Old 2nd September 2022, 15:08   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
except for this April 2022 engine head thingy
Do you mean a blown head gasket? If that's the case, as long as the gasket was replaced, and fluids were changed, then it should be ok. But as you mentioned, there is a check engine light - that means there are still issues. Best to avoid
Old 2nd September 2022, 15:27   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
Best to avoid
Haha Well, I have just got to know that the bike got sold. Automatically avoided
Old 8th September 2022, 16:08   #253
BHPian

Is a year-old Honda AT Manual with an odometer reading of 10,000 km, 1st Owner registered in Delhi with an asking price of 17.5 lakh worth buying?
Old 8th September 2022, 17:22   #254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravcshah View Post
Is a year-old Honda AT Manual with an odometer reading of 10,000 km, 1st Owner registered in Delhi with an asking price of 17.5 lakh worth buying?
If nothing is overtly amiss, definitely worth buying. The price is a bit on the higher side though, unless I’m outdated with AT prices. I was under the impression its on road price is around 19.5 give or take. What does a new one retail at in NCR? I think an ~ 16-16.5L price tag might be closer to right price.

The only incremental catch is that you really can’t get new Africa Twins at the moment - my understanding (could be incorrect) was that the next batch of imports expected in September or October are entirely DCTs. So perhaps existing owners are leveraging off the lack of availability, since new batches flow through with very limited numbers.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 23:57   #255
BHPian

Quote:
If nothing is overtly amiss, definitely worth buying. The price is a bit on the higher side though, unless I’m outdated with AT prices. I was under the impression its on road price is around 19.5 give or take. What does a new one retail at in NCR? I think an ~ 16-16.5L price tag might be closer to right price.

The only incremental catch is that you really can’t get new Africa Twins at the moment - my understanding (could be incorrect) was that the next batch of imports expected in September or October are entirely DCTs. So perhaps existing owners are leveraging off the lack of availability, since new batches flow through with very limited numbers.
You're spot-on with the Delhi price of 19.5 on road price.
And the fact that there's no available AT pan-India currently.
Called the dealers at Bangalore as well as Gurgaon and both said the same thing.
And both will start accepting bookings in October.
The AT in question has engine-guards/body guards/bark-busters/side-stand extenders/head-light protectors.
I guess 17.5 would be a reasonable price considering the accessories.

I was just being too optimistic about the fast depreciation of superbikes and expected a 20-25% depreciation since it was 13 months.

Should I consider buying the BMW F850 GSA instead?
Or does that not hold any candle to an Africa Twin?

Last edited by saravcshah : 8th September 2022 at 23:59. Reason: Added question.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks