Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2021, 16:21   #121

Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
yes brother, I started my business. It is very hard work.
Slightly OT but my man here is living his dream. Best wishes. Never been into bikes but its good to know that if ever I caught that bug, I know where to look. Your thread on MV Agusta is the first one on bikes I really took notice. It drips with passion. Now on every bike thread on TBhp(that I read), I always scroll down for your input.
Maedhros is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 14:34   #122
BHPian

Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
What’s a good price for ~4000kms run 2019 Ninja 650? Has factory warranty till Dec2021. It’s with a dealer in Bangalore and they quote ~5.6L

Btw what was the OTR back in 2019?
2019 N650 KRT edition cost me 7.8 L OTR, Bengaluru.

And funny enough, my bike's pic shows up on my Google Feed.

Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-screenshot_20210921141816.jpg
Divya Sharan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 11:20   #123
BHPian

Re: Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India

@moralfibre, excellent Tread I must Say.
I'm based in Pune and I am looking to pick up a Ninja 1000. I also thought of giving a shot at used bike listings and remembered about this thread and read through the article once again (A very interesting Thread and I had gone through this thread several times earlier also but as a passive reader).
I came across one such bike. Exactly what I was looking for, a 2018 Ninja1000 in green color very neat looking in photos, Run for 16000Kms with asking price of around Rs.8.3L as listing says with a big reputed dealer in Mumbai.
I Did some research on the bike from reg. no and got the owners name. I found the owner on Social media site and messaged him for the detail. As per the registered owner he sold the bike in 2019 but was listed by the dealer a month back. no trace where it was since 2019 till now, also owner sold it at 20000kms and its listed now with 16000kms. Now This gives a full chance that the bike was with someone for an year or so who did not bothered to transfer the same on his name and used it before he sold off to a dealer. Probably he or the dealer even managed to run the Odometer back or replaced the cluster to retain the value. Now I am not very confident about used bikes. As there is no way to know if the same bike was abused or went through any issues. It could be a neatly used also but no confirmation and investing in such bike dose not boost any confidence.
I have a few query's, your help will be appreciated.
1) What do you feel about N1000. should I go ahead and get one? (in terms of long term reliability)
2) Though it will be a little stretch of budget for a new bike should I consider new one only?
3) Do you have any used bike in your known contacts?
4) If dealer has a bike standing on showroom floor for around 8 months, is it worth buying it?

Last edited by Aditya : 18th November 2021 at 11:53. Reason: Typo
aneesh2M is offline   (5) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 11th November 2021, 19:11   #124
BHPian

Having bought 2 superbikes in India over the last year (I bought an older Versys 1000 last year, sold it subsequently and bought a 2020 Versys 1000 - both from actual owners I met and got to know.), my recommendation is not to buy from a dealer. Buy only from the actual owner - visit his house and get to know him. You'll learn about how he maintained it and can gauge his genuineness in most cases in 10 minutes.

My strong recommendation is either to buy from the actual owner or buy new.

The Ninja 1000 is an excellent, reliable motorcycle if it's well maintained although I prefer the Versys 1000 for it's touring abilities.
Proxima is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 19:50   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh2M View Post
If dealer has a bike standing on showroom floor for around 8 months, is it worth buying it?
My 2 cents: never EVER buy a bike from a superbike dealer. If peace of mind is important for you, wait, save up the cash and buy new.

Buying direct from an owner is fine as long as the history of the bike is a known quantity.
GoBlue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 22:52   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I came across one such bike. Exactly what I was looking for, a 2018 Ninja1000 in green color very neat looking in photos, Run for 16000Kms with asking price of around Rs.8.3L as listing says with a big reputed dealer in Mumbai.
This goes to show we can never be sure of dealers. Either buy new or from/through a known person. Aneesh, please could you let us know this particular dealers name in Mumbai.

Thank you.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 11th November 2021 at 22:54.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 22:59   #127
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I would agree with the same - never ever buy a superbike from a dealer. The way and rate at which these superbikes change hands offline before the actual paper work is done is really mind boggling. Meter tampering, using fake first copy parts and accessories, salvage bikes, accident repairs etc have been a very common practice for many years. The latest trend is to just rent out the bikes or sell it to someone for a few months with a buy back policy. In that period the bike is most probably used and misused - in most cases by people who have just bought it to show off on social media. The common thought is - if anyways I have a fixed buy back policy, why not do it in style. Mind you, the bike is not transferred on paper and will be still registered with the first owner. I wonder how insurance claims and challans are handled under this scam.

Hence best is to avoid a dealer and go with a actual seller / owner - or better still get a new bike. The used superbike market is just a murky business.
v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 16:24   #128
BHPian

Hi Guys,
This is a really good thread and i am glad i chanced upon it. I have been scouting around for a pre-owned Honda CB 400 SF or the CB 750 SF. These are my dream bikes. I have seen two in Mumbai but the asking price is crazy.
A 750 Magna going for 6 lacs I feel is a bit too high. I do know the mechanic who has taken care of this bike since long and he vouches for it but the price.....way too high I think. Your comments would be welcome.

If any of you have the CB750 SF and want to sell it do get in touch with me on 9821399107 . Needless to mention, I want a bike that will last me my lifetime at least. Dont want some banged up and illegal bike.

I dont really like to new Honda CB650R. At my age I would much rather stick to the old retro four inlines.
The search continues....
Warm regards,
Seacat
Old 15th November 2021, 11:18   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I Did some research on the bike from reg. no and got the owners name. I found the owner on Social media site and messaged him for the detail. As per the registered owner he sold the bike in 2019 but was listed by the dealer a month back. no trace where it was since 2019 till now, also owner sold it at 20000kms and its listed now with 16000kms. Now This gives a full chance that the bike was with someone for an year or so who did not bothered to transfer the same on his name and used it before he sold off to a dealer. Probably he or the dealer even managed to run the Odometer back or replaced the cluster to retain the value. Now I am not very confidant about used bikes. As there is no way to know if the same bike was abused or went through any issues. It could be a neatly used also but no confirmation and investing in such bike dose not boost any confidence.
I have a few query's, your help will be appreciated.
1) What do you feel about N1000. should I go ahead and get one? (in terms of long term reliability)
2) Though it will be a little stretch of budget for a new bike should I consider new one only?
3) Do you have any used bike in your known contacts?
4) If dealer has a bike standing on showroom floor for around 8 months, is it worth buying it?
aneesh2M, as the others have suggested, avoid this particular bike and strictly avoid unscrupulous dealers. The Kawasaki Ninja 1000 has sold well enough in India that you can easily get a very well maintained Ninja 1000 in your market. This is a bike that is typically bought by riders looking for a mix of practicality and performance and hence you will likely get bikes that are accessorized nicely. Prices are reasonable in the second hand market as well. I see asking prices of Rs 8.5L onwards, which seems fair for such a well rounded tourer that can do it all.

If you can afford a new one, go for it with your eyes closed.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 11:11   #130
BHPian

Thank you everyone for the feedback. really appreciate it. As discussed I have decided to stay away from a dealer and buy a used bike only if the owner is trusted by me or someone whom I can trust. (BHPians are included, so if anyone has a lead in Pune for a descent bike please DM me)
I am ok with going for a Brand new one by stretching my budget a bit. The reason I checked the used ones is temptation of saving some cash and the fact only black color is available in new now as I wanted a green one.
aneesh2M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 16:07   #131
Senior - BHPian

When it comes to Odometer reading for a Superbike, how high is high?

I have shortlisted a Bike which I am keen on, its an Inline 4 1000CC Supersports; bike has a clean history and has been with the current owner who is a known face in my friend circle, and bike has been worked on upon by another friend, so this issue has been taken care of.

I inspected the bike with another close friend who owns the same bike. Bike rides well, has been very well kept for it's age; My only concern is it's odometer reading, it is currently sitting at 35K kms; if i get it, I will definitely cross 40K on it within next 3 months.
Just this odometer reading is making me anxious, as I do not have time and patience for now to get the bike fixed, just in case, anything goes wrong.
akshay4587 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 17:13   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
When it comes to Odometer reading for a Superbike, how high is high?

I have shortlisted a Bike which I am keen on, its an Inline 4 1000CC Supersports; bike has a clean history and has been with the current owner who is a known face in my friend circle, and bike has been worked on upon by another friend, so this issue has been taken care of.

I inspected the bike with another close friend who owns the same bike. Bike rides well, has been very well kept for it's age; My only concern is it's odometer reading, it is currently sitting at 35K kms; if i get it, I will definitely cross 40K on it within next 3 months.
Just this odometer reading is making me anxious, as I do not have time and patience for now to get the bike fixed, just in case, anything goes wrong.
Between the following options of
1. a Japanese 1000cc superbike in the exact same condition that you mentioned and
2. a Japanese / European superbike with 15K kms on the odometer but with an unknown history, unknown owner and unknown guy who has serviced it (even if it is the company SVC),
I would opt for the former, with the caveat that I have a guy who can competently work on the bike and help me keep it in top condition. It is very difficult to find a superbike in the condition that you mentioned. Do give the bike a very serious consideration.

Incidentally, last year there was an excellently maintained CBR1000RR with 35K kms on the odometer that came up for sale in Bangalore. Due to interstate Covid restrictions, I couldnt go check it out. It got picked up by someone in Kerala and keeps coming up for sale on Olx every few months with Rs 1 L being added to the previously asked price! Sigh.
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 17:30   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
1. a Japanese 1000cc superbike in the exact same condition that you mentioned and
2. a Japanese / European superbike with 15K kms on the odometer but with an unknown history, unknown owner and unknown guy who has serviced it (even if it is the company SVC),
I would opt for the former, with the caveat that I have a guy who can competently work on the bike and help me keep it in top condition. It is very difficult to find a superbike in the condition that you mentioned. Do give the bike a very serious consideration.

Incidentally, last year there was an excellently maintained CBR1000RR with 35K kms on the odometer that came up for sale in Bangalore. Due to interstate Covid restrictions, I couldnt go check it out. It got picked up by someone in Kerala and keeps coming up for sale on Olx every few months with Rs 1 L being added to the previously asked price! Sigh.
Thank you for your Wisdom.
I am definitely considering it, But this is for my Kid bro and he takes the final call. I am pretty sure, I won't be able to do more than few kms at a stretch on such an aggressive machine.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 11:22   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post

As luck would have it, bike got sold faster than it could accelerate.
So back to square one in this messy market of used superbikes.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 21:41   #135
BHPian

Hey guys
Really appreciate this thread. I have been riding the interceptor 650 for the past 2.5 years and love it. However I just rode a z900 last weekend and fell in love with power and agility on offer.
Then I found a couple of daytona's for sale and I fondly remember the powerdrift review of the bike with Sagar in it. I watched it so many times 7 years ago, I am a huge fan!!

The bike is legendary in my opinion and i am seriously considering it for my first Superbike.
The 2 white bikes in this video are still available with this dealer
Asking prices are 7.7lk for DL number 14k odo
And 7.25lk for UP number 28k odo, both are 2017 models.

I have a few doubts:
1) since this is my first venture into used bikes, how are the reviews of "Saraswati Motors" and "Jagdamba superbikes" in ncr region.
2) what should be a realistic price for these bikes assuming all other things check out.

Would love to get some feedback on trustworthy dealers in the region or even some leads.

I also like the ninja 1000 but i dont think i can find any reasonable good condition piece in the 7 lakh range.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks