Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2021, 23:16   #136
BHPian

Re: Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by rituj View Post
1) since this is my first venture into used bikes, how are the reviews of "Saraswati Motors" and "Jagdamba superbikes" in ncr region
Avoid both. The former is located at Karol Bagh which is Delhi's hub for all automotive scams. There are numerous videos on YouTube about poor quality bikes being sold to unsuspecting customers.

The latter, I don't know them and I haven't heard anything positive. Avoid again.
no_fear is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 07:43   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
Avoid both. The former is located at Karol Bagh which is Delhi's hub for all automotive scams. There are numerous videos on YouTube about poor quality bikes being sold to unsuspecting customers.

The latter, I don't know them and I haven't heard anything positive. Avoid again.
So any dealers you recommend and what about the pricing for the daytona?
Found this advert from an owner too http://www.olx.in/item/triumph-dayto...iid-1618786315
Do let me know what would be a reasonable price and what I should aim for.
Old 22nd December 2021, 20:38   #138
Senior - BHPian

So my Search for a Used Big Bike ended with this.
A 2017 Z900, Unlike the 10R, I was quite surprised, how easy and comfortable is it to ride.
Have already clocked about 450kms in a week, the power to be honest is a bit too much for me as of now.
It would have been nice, if there were power restrictive modes on this one like the 10R.

Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-267793377_4026023654164732_8249683408183849038_n.jpg

Last edited by akshay4587 : 22nd December 2021 at 20:39.
akshay4587 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 15:01   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
The pre-owned superbike world is filled with lucrative offers. Being a niche market with very limited takers, the prices of these lightning pieces of machinery on two wheels crash like nothing else. Many give up their dream of riding one in our hot, unplanned and hostile roads within a week, month or a year. Some ride them for a good couple of years garnering a few thousands on the odo before setting their sights on their next desirable upgrade.

Personally started my journey with a Z800 which was brand new closely followed by a 6 month old BMW R1200GS LC Rallye that was barely 6 months old with < 2500 km on the clock. The deal? A whooping 30% off retail price with a few more lakhs worth of accessories thrown in. It is hard to ignore the fact that buying a depriciated vehicle arrests your cashburn should you choose to hold on to the motorcycle for a few years.

Our mod manson has been holding on to this super sexy Honda CBR 954rr for a little over a decade and finds little or no reason to upgrade. He picked up this beauty in its infancy from a well caring owner as well.

Attachment 2116839

So what's this thread about? Let's list out eye catching deals, and thumbs up or thumbs down on deals that you come across for fellow riders.

Note:

1. Please avoid justifying or pulling down on asking prices. As they say, the price of an item in the pre-owned market depends on the condition of the buyer and the seller.

2. Please do not post ads with zero or no details for folks. Posts without a contact option either via a link to the ad or an alternative will be deleted.

3. Please use the classifieds section for your ad should you wish to sell your bike and thereafter post a link to this thread to index it.

Take this opportunity to ogle at these beauties or hurriedly go over your bank statement to bring that dream bike in your garage.
Hello Bhpians, related to this thread I have a query about a peculiar situation.
I am looking in for a used Ninja 1000 for last few months. For last few months I followed the dealers but the deal and bikes were not perfect and so I decided to stick to individual buyers only. Recently I came across 2 individual sellers from a reference, both claimed the bikes to be 1st owner but to my surprise when I went to check one of the said bike the user had got it preowned and never transferred on his name (so technically its a 1st owner bike but actually used by 2nd owner). On top of that the RC also has a HP (loan/hypothication) on it. The currant owner says he has the NOC from bank for closure of the loan and he will take responsibility of the transfer

The bike is of 2019 make and is in pristine condition and runs well for a 3 year old bike but this RC issue is bugging me. Learning from this experience when I inquired about the 2nd bike in detail that bike also has the same RC issue. (by the way 2nd bike also looks immaculate from photos and as per owner he has the service history available with him)
Both the bikes are from another city around 160 Kms away from my location. (I am based in Pune and Bikes are in Mumbai)

Now the question is should I consider buying such a bike based on condition ignoring the papers and owner status or should I continue the hunt for genuine single owner? Will appreciate Your expert opinions. Thanks in advance.
aneesh2M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 15:28   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh2M View Post
The currant owner says he has the NOC from bank for closure of the loan and he will take responsibility of the transfer
Bank NOC has 90 days validity, please check if it's within that time limit.

Quote:
Both the bikes are from another city around 160 Kms away from my location. (I am based in Pune and Bikes are in Mumbai)

Now the question is should I consider buying such a bike based on condition ignoring the papers and owner status or should I continue the hunt for genuine single owner?
Pay a visit to Mumbai with another Biker friend for better inspection, cost effective in long term.
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 15:34   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now the question is should I consider buying such a bike based on condition ignoring the papers and owner status or should I continue the hunt for genuine single owner? Will appreciate Your expert opinions. Thanks in advance.
When investing money in big or even small bikes its always ideal to deal with people who are transparent and upfront about the history of the bike. Also, the Ninja 1000 is not a rare bike and there will be other better examples out there. But if you still want to go ahead try to find out more about the usage and the current owners and since they were referred by someone known it should be easy to get more info.

On the hypothecation issue its better you ask the seller to get it removed before handing over the money as anyway without it being removed the bike won't be transferred to your name and in case of any issues with the letter like if the RTO insists for a new or fresh letter for any reason the only person who can help you is the actual owner on paper and that person is not known to you. All the best with your search/purchase.
SnS_12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 15:58   #142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Recently I came across 2 individual sellers from a reference, both claimed the bikes to be 1st owner but to my surprise when I went to check one of the said bike the user had got it preowned and never transferred on his name (so technically its a 1st owner bike but actually used by 2nd owner).
Unfortunately this is particularly prevalent in the superbike world. Too many clowns who want to buy used, use for a little while and then sell it without ever getting their names on the RC. Without meaning to generalise I always fear these are the sorts who also tend to abuse bikes the most. Even dealers are notorious for facilitating these practices.

Personally I don't like to deal at all with such non transparent people. He could have said this up front but to try and posture it as a first owner is dishonest in my opinion.

Used bikes indeed present good value for money but I would generally prefer to go via some known groups or circuits to be on the safe side. Ninja 1000 is a common enough bike - buy a piece you are truly comfortable with.

FYI - since you're in Pune, please do talk to Prasad at Kawasaki at Wakdewadi. I think their demo bike (currently at 5800 kms) is likely to be put on the block anytime around April or May. On paper you will be registered as the first owner although of course it is a demo bike and you as well as subsequent buyers from you should be cognizant of that.

I had evinced an interest in this bike and told him to keep me posted about it but I am unlikely to pursue this. Would rather focus on planting more miles on my Tiger than divide my attention between two motorbikes. Its a lovely bike too and thankfully is running the stock exhaust, which sounds really sweet, unlike their Z900 which is running an Akra and just sounds too loud for my taste.
Axe77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 16:10   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
When investing money in big or even small bikes its always ideal to deal with people who are transparent and upfront about the history of the bike. Also, the Ninja 1000 is not a rare bike and there will be other better examples out there. But if you still want to go ahead try to find out more about the usage and the current owners and since they were referred by someone known it should be easy to get more info.

On the hypothecation issue its better you ask the seller to get it removed before handing over the money as anyway without it being removed the bike won't be transferred to your name and in case of any issues with the letter like if the RTO insists for a new or fresh letter for any reason the only person who can help you is the actual owner on paper and that person is not known to you. All the best with your search/purchase.
Thanks for the feedback. As you said I have no idea about the 1st owners and current users are also not in close circle I just came to know about the bikes from old OLX link. So Its difficult to get idea about use pattern of the bikes. Its just that bike looks decent currently.
Also removing HP would be the 1st thing even if I think of Buying the bike but owner is ready to do it only once I make the payment. So 3 major concerns came it to my mind.

1) No idea of usage pattern of the bike though it looks good at present.
2) Sorting out HP issue may take time and transfer to my name will be delayed by say 3-4 months also. Me being out of city of the owners made me more concern. (tedious to take followup if anything is delayed by owner)
3) Were the bikes bought by the currant owner just to use for an year or so for posing/revving ect. as he had no intentions to transfer the bike, have no idea. As Axe77 Said these bike could have been abused for fun like revving/wheelies etc. as we cannot make this out in inspection and trial rides.

And for more info I intend to keep the bike long term, at least for 6-7 years.

Last edited by aneesh2M : 7th February 2022 at 16:20.
Old 7th February 2022, 16:40   #144
BHPian

Quote:

I think I know both the bikes that you are referring to. I had seen both since I am too on the look-out for a good deal on a Ninja 1000.

I did not go ahead due to different reasons but I met the owners (2nd) in 2020. So a while has passed that these are on sale in the market.

So you will for sure need a new NOC from the first owner. Without that, transfer will not be possible. You can ask the current seller to make the first owner as a party to the deal. Have a 3-party agreement signed with the first owner clearly mentioning that he has sold it to the 2nd and is ready to provide any documentation as and when needed. This is a long shot, but if the seller agrees, then you can go ahead with the deal.

Nothing technically wrong with the bikes as such.

Last edited by sunilch : 7th February 2022 at 16:42.
sunilch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 08:41   #145

Amazing thread! I just want to chime in, that I had purchased a used speed triple in Mumbai from one of the popular dealers, and was just too excited to get it so didn't do a proper background check. The bike showed 11.3k on the odo. I obviously immediately took it for a service since I have trust issues, and to my shock and horror, the bike was well known at the service station and had an actual mileage of over 35k kms. The dealer, to his credit, offered to exchange the bike from any other one at his stable, but I said to hell with it and went about to restore and enjoy what I had. It was a very interesting and enlightening experience.

Long story short, I kept the bike for a short time and solved all the issues but it was too much bike for me. Ultimately I sold it through triumph, got a brand new 765rs and disclosed the odo issue to the next owner as well as the extensive work I had done on the bike. Needless to say, he was thrilled. I lost some money on the entire project but it taught me an important lesson: trust no one. I've seen even registered first owners lie glibly about accidents/faults with their bikes. As someone mentioned, I think the most crucial thing is to speak to the owner and get a feel of whether they're enthusiasts or not. It'll be readily apparent.

A friend of mine recently purchased a track only zx6r and the seller was a decent chap who disclosed everything about the bike. The whole process was so smooth and the bike was great, with a readily available history. He was helped by a well known racing store owned by a pro racer and to be fair, they did exactly what one would expect from an experienced mediator : they were transparent about their finders fee and went above and beyond to help my friend source his bike. A happy story with a happy ending and no lies. Best.
greyanaroth is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 10:31   #146
BHPian

Thanks for all your feedback, I will rather stay away from such hidden 1st owner bikes even if the bikes are in good condition. I will wait for genuine 1st owner bike and rather buy an year older, Say a 2018 bike if the same is actually a single owner.
Dear Friends and experts just for the information what could be the best max price for a 2018 Ninja 1000 which is well kept and is under 10000KMs of odo?
aneesh2M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 11:33   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

.. what could be the best max price for a 2018 Ninja 1000 which is well kept and is under 10000KMs of odo?
My sense is that if first owner, should be around 8 - 8.75L but this is just my intuitive sense. More knowledgeable motorcyclists can weigh in too. Dealers do typically quote a significant premium compared to a customer to customer deal.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 03:17   #148
BHPian

Hi Team, What do you guys thing should be a good price for a Gixxer 250 naked about an year old in NCR, with 2200 on ODO and has been standing at used dealership for about 5 months. The new one cost around 2 Lacs on road in NCR.
Old 20th February 2022, 06:05   #149
BHPian

Hi Team, I also wanted to ask that on VAHAN Website why would the owner of the bike be mentioned as Suzuki Motorcycle Corportation Pvt LTD, instead of a human being? Does this mean that the pre owned bike dealer has moved the registration to his name? I have seen a few bikes where the owner is mentioned as Bajaj Motorcycles Pvt Ltd or Suzuki Motorcycles Pvt Ltd.

Last edited by pb10gagan : 20th February 2022 at 06:07.
Old 20th February 2022, 13:19   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
Hi Team, I also wanted to ask that on VAHAN Website why would the owner of the bike be mentioned as Suzuki Motorcycle Corportation Pvt LTD, instead of a human being? Does this mean that the pre owned bike dealer has moved the registration to his name?
This means that the bike is registered under 'Suzuki MCPL', which I'm assuming to be the original dealership's name (not human being but the company/corporate name). Could've been a demo bike or a pre-BS6 bike that they registered on their name before the laws came into fore.

Used/Pre-owned dealers usually never transfer the vehicle onto their name. They're merely the intermediary and will facilitate the transfer of ownership from the first user to the buyer. In your case, the said used dealer hasn't transferred the registration of the Gixxer to his name and that's why you see that the first owner is the Suzuki dealership.
TheVaas is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks