Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 22:28   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

It will be silly and sad if these upgrades are not offered on the 4x4 and AT versions as these are the most expensive products in their range.

But as Shatrughna pointed out, some of these dealers are the least knowledgeable. Team-bhp community is generally better informed.
Old 7th November 2009, 23:07   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
After joining TBHP , I have stopped relying on what dealer or salesmen there say. I don't even ask them as most of the time I end up educating them on their products or sometimes hurting their ego and ending up in a pointless argument. When dealers are not even aware of Scorpio 4X4 AT, I don't expect them to answer whether the new features would be available or not .
I completely agree. Most of the times, I end up telling the sales person about what's latest in Mahindra. That said, they are the ones who book the car so if they aren't officially aware of the availability of 4x4 AT with new features, they won't process the booking and herein lies the frustration. One has to wait till either Mahindra educates them or till sales folks somehow discover this via official channel.

Till then ... we wait :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
It will be silly and sad if these upgrades are not offered on the 4x4 and AT versions as these are the most expensive products in their range.
Its not that these upgrades won't be offered on those models. The question is "when" and as of now they don't have the official information on these models.

Last edited by hondadude : 7th November 2009 at 23:09.
Old 8th November 2009, 13:25   #138
BHPian

I called Chennai India Garage dealer and they have no idea about the new changes.
Old 8th November 2009, 13:41   #139
BHPian

This further confirms how keen and updated they are. I guess they will rather wait for info from the company rather than proactively seeking info from company. And I can bet none of your dealers in Chennai is on TBHP. Waiting for the news from Delhi. The banner shown on the previous page is from a showroom at Navi Mumbai .

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhp View Post
I called Chennai India Garage dealer and they have no idea about the new changes.
Old 8th November 2009, 16:09   #140
Senior - BHPian

i think atleast they should give these changes on their 4x4 otions as well.Blue lights looks good like HID's.
Old 8th November 2009, 18:14   #141
Senior - BHPian

checked with dealers here, they donot know availability of these features in 4x4 AT. reason --- no customer has asked for booking. rest all details are same 4x4 AT with two color options. 2.5 months waiting period.

the dealer will let me know tomorrow after checking with M&M whether he can book the car now for Jan delivery with these features (airbags, bluish light etc)
Old 8th November 2009, 21:51   #142
BHPian

Thanks for update. The dealer's response has come with no surprise. At least they gave some reason as to why they may have no info. They won't make money if they wait for things what may come after 2 months and just few customers. They make money on things that they are able to sell regularly and they must sell what's available and churn their available stocks and inventory. A dealer would prefer to clear the existing inventory even if by denying simply anything that they may not have, even if its possibly out there in market available. I was also wondering is not this too Fortuner effect that Mahindra has at least considered this configuration so soon , else they may have taken another 6 months to consider such configuration given the fact that refresh model was announced in March 09! Fortuner caused Ford to hurry up with the AT Endeavour 4X4 and this probably weaned away some Scorpio and Safari customers. Safari too was as it is causing some attrition on Scorpio sales with airbags option. Now scorpio will dent Endy AT , some Safari VX, some Vitara AT and possibly some Fortuner AT customers in future with its VFM proposition. Say thanks Toyota?!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
checked with dealers here, they donot know availability of these features in 4x4 AT. reason --- no customer has asked for booking. rest all details are same 4x4 AT with two color options. 2.5 months waiting period.

the dealer will let me know tomorrow after checking with M&M whether he can book the car now for Jan delivery with these features (airbags, bluish light etc)
Old 9th November 2009, 10:41   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

If you look at the sales numbers posted in the main section from Jan through Oct, Ford Endy sales have picked up since the launch of the revised version with AT. Scorpio is still doing some good numbers.

I have not seen any ads yet about the AT with 4WD from Mahindra so I guess short of few people who look online, many may not even be aware that AT with 4WD is available on Scorpio. I think that they maybe planning an ad blitz after the new features like air bags etc are confirmed and officially launched (not Vicky.in launch).
Old 9th November 2009, 14:37   #144
BHPian

The features as mentioned at Vicky.in is confirmed at some dealers as well. The banner posted here is from Mahindra itself displayed at a dealers showroom. Its just a matter of time that we hear official announcements through media as well. Today, there was a full page ad of Scorpio in Times- announcing their vicotry in Raid de Himalaya trials.

This is after a long time I saw a full page ad of Scorpio. May be this is setting the context while they may have booked relevant media slots. Normally, Mahindra announces new models in new year and never at the end of year. May be this time they would announce it in few days from now and then, accept bookings, a la Fortuner style and start deliveries from Jan 2010 onwards.

Anyways, I am pretty sure that the additional features as mentioned in the banner were not teasers but a reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
If you look at the sales numbers posted in the main section from Jan through Oct, Ford Endy sales have picked up since the launch of the revised version with AT. Scorpio is still doing some good numbers.

I have not seen any ads yet about the AT with 4WD from Mahindra so I guess short of few people who look online, many may not even be aware that AT with 4WD is available on Scorpio. I think that they maybe planning an ad blitz after the new features like air bags etc are confirmed and officially launched (not Vicky.in launch).
Old 9th November 2009, 14:53   #145
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ooth-more.html

we already have the official press release and thread for new features coming on Mahindra Scorpio.
Old 9th November 2009, 15:00   #146
BHPian

Great news. Any link for the official release from Mahindra as yet. Dealers are yet to be informed, I guess. It may well happen over this week.
Old 9th November 2009, 15:06   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Great news. Any link for the official release from Mahindra as yet. Dealers are yet to be informed, I guess. It may well happen over this week.
yes all dealers are not yet aware of these changes, and the ones are, they dont have enough information than those banners, may be as yousaid within coming days we would know.would 4x4 also get these features, i guess soo.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:38   #148
BHPian

There is no reason as to why should they omit these features in 4*4 / AT- as long as the trim level is VLX. Since, these features are supposed to be available in VLX trim and (i) 4*4 VLX & (ii) 4*4 AT are exisiting so would be a VLX 4*4 AT be coming with all these features - IMHO.

I recall an email from M& M which mentioned that a 4*4 AT will be a premium offering and made to order and I am sure they wouldnt miss such good features in their premium offering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
yes all dealers are not yet aware of these changes, and the ones are, they dont have enough information than those banners, may be as yousaid within coming days we would know.would 4x4 also get these features, i guess soo.
Old 10th November 2009, 21:34   #149
Senior - BHPian

Recieved call from Mahindra dealer today, they had people from Mahindra at his dealership. The salesguy at dealership after checking with Mahindra guys confirmed of blue lights and airbags on 4x4 AT. Priced at approx 11.75 L ex-showroom delhi. Booking amount 1 L. Delivery 2.5 months later.

No surety of 2010 manufactured vehicle, if booked now.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 10th November 2009 at 21:38.
Old 10th November 2009, 22:10   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Delivery 2.5 months later.

No surety of 2010 manufactured vehicle, if booked now.
You'll get the month and year of manufacture to be the month you booked it in - generally the order is transmitted to the factory within a few days, and the VIN for your chassis is generated within 2 weeks. After this the rest of the assembly might take that time.

My car is an August '09 manufacture, though delivered in October '09 - the order was placed on 5th August.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks