Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 19:46   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
10K is pretty ok hike and I wouldnt mind paying that premium for Airbags version. But I somehow am not sure, if other players have products with airbags at 10K differentials.
Just a bit of a clarification. 10K hike is for non airbags models. The hike for Airbags is 22K.

Current VLX - x
New VLX - x + 10K
New VLX with Airbags is - x + 10k +22k
Old 11th November 2009, 23:19   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
SKS. They have been pretty responsive so far
Reason being - they have recently taken over Vijay Auto and are trying their best to affirm their footing against India Garage (veteran in Bangalore and Chennai) and Sireesh Auto (also doing quite well).
Old 11th November 2009, 23:21   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
From price-list given by dealer
  • AT-4WD is now available in White, Black, Java Brown, Rocky Beige and Mystic Purple.
  • AT-4WD with Airbags is now available in White, Black, Rocky Beige and Mist Silver
Don't know the logic behind these color offerings. Can someone else confirm the color choices from dealers in other cities ?

BTW, the price increase for Airbags version is only 22K in the price list that I have (and not 75k as stated earlier).
Seriously mate !. This car is made to order after a hefty booking amount. Why the hell would you limit the colors choices in the most expensive model.

22K premium makes more sense for airbags. 75k as quoted in an earlier posting seemed too expensive a premium.
Old 11th November 2009, 23:35   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From price-list given by dealer
  • AT-4WD is now available in White, Black, Java Brown, Rocky Beige and Mystic Purple.
  • AT-4WD with Airbags is now available in White, Black, Rocky Beige and Mist Silver
Don't know the logic behind these color offerings. Can someone else confirm the color choices from dealers in other cities ?

BTW, the price increase for Airbags version is only 22K in the price list that I have (and not 75k as stated earlier).
As already stated by 4x4 addict, you can get the colour of choice in your vehicle as long as its available in any variant for that model.

I got my Bolero VLX in black, even though it is not on offer officially. Took me 2 months but absolutely possible.
Old 12th November 2009, 10:41   #170
Senior - BHPian

Got it, I mean the price.

4x4 AT with Airbags + Bluish Headlamps Price

Delhi Ex-Showroom -- 11,37,493
Registration -- 50,175
Insurance -- 43,900
Misc Charges -- 6,500
Extended Warranty FREE if delivery taken this month (Joking - about the delivery, not the offer)

Let me see if its updated on the Mahindra Scorpio website.
Old 12th November 2009, 22:14   #171
BHPian

Wow- so you got it officially or in hush hush manner? Wondering what makes the Mumbai dealers so secretive and above all the so called Company owned showroom
No news till now from the dealer here as yet. Price seems to be reasonable to me.

Quote:
Got it, I mean the price.

4x4 AT with Airbags + Bluish Headlamps Price

Delhi Ex-Showroom -- 11,37,493
Registration -- 50,175
Insurance -- 43,900
Misc Charges -- 6,500
Extended Warranty FREE if delivery taken this month (Joking - about the delivery, not the offer)

Let me see if its updated on the Mahindra Scorpio website.

Last edited by shatrughna : 12th November 2009 at 22:30. Reason: checking
Old 12th November 2009, 22:54   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Wow- so you got it officially or in hush hush manner? Wondering what makes the Mumbai dealers so secretive and above all the so called Company owned showroom
No news till now from the dealer here as yet. Price seems to be reasonable to me.
Got them as official pricing with an offer to book now, but am not booking it yet. So Shatrughna, it's a waiting game to see yours and hondadude's vehicle coming first . Hope dealers in Mumbai will release price soon.

You can expect Mumbai exshowroom prices to be lower than Delhi thanks to Mahindras plant in Maharashtra.
Old 12th November 2009, 23:35   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can expect Mumbai exshowroom prices to be lower than Delhi thanks to Mahindras plant in Maharashtra.
No Mumbai and Thane are more expensive from Delhi due to presence of 12% octroi
Old 13th November 2009, 08:49   #174
BHPian

Last night I checked the Mahindra website- it only offered the prices for VLX 4X4 AT ( Delhi) at 1100900 and there then its clear that they are charging 37K approx for airbags and additional fitments which is quite reasonable. Of course, with ex-showroom price being higher, the insurance and registration cost also go up so there will be an incremental difference in the on road price.

Now I ll send the info to the dealer - lets see whats their response.

Quote:
Got them as official pricing with an offer to book now, but am not booking it yet. So Shatrughna, it's a waiting game to see yours and hondadude's vehicle coming first . Hope dealers in Mumbai will release price soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
No Mumbai and Thane are more expensive from Delhi due to presence of 12% octroi
Mumbai price is higher but there are places outside octroi like Navi Mumbai and Kharghar etc. (RTO - Pen) where the prices are cheaper than Delhi. In 4x4AT prices as displayed on the website, there is a difference of 39K in the prices ( Delhi / Mumbai- lower).
Old 13th November 2009, 10:41   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I ll send the info to the dealer - lets see whats their response.
Mumbai price is higher but there are places outside octroi like Navi Mumbai and Kharghar etc. (RTO - Pen) where the prices are cheaper than Delhi. In 4x4AT prices as displayed on the website, there is a difference of 39K in the prices ( Delhi / Mumbai- lower).
Yeah, thats what when I checked on the prices for scorpio I was surprised to find that Mumbai is cheaper by around 30-40k than Delhi Exshowroom prices.
Old 13th November 2009, 11:37   #176
BHPian

Agreed.
have compiled the rates received from hondadude & you and forwarded to the dealer here with a stinker. So far no response from them but hope that they should respond today.

All said and done- it really feels so good to have confirmation on the newly added features- specially airbags since, this was the only thing apart from the comfotable seats in Safari that I would have missed in Scorpio. Seats - will see- if really needed to replace- as perhaps they have made some changes in the seat as well- ergonomically. Though still may not be as comfy as that of the Safari's seat which has leather trim, height adjustment and lumbar support.

Quote:
Yeah, thats what when I checked on the prices for scorpio I was surprised to find that Mumbai is cheaper by around 30-40k than Delhi Exshowroom prices.
Old 13th November 2009, 12:09   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed.
have compiled the rates received from hondadude & you and forwarded to the dealer here with a stinker. So far no response from them but hope that they should respond today.

All said and done- it really feels so good to have confirmation on the newly added features- specially airbags since, this was the only thing apart from the comfotable seats in Safari that I would have missed in Scorpio. Seats - will see- if really needed to replace- as perhaps they have made some changes in the seat as well- ergonomically. Though still may not be as comfy as that of the Safari's seat which has leather trim, height adjustment and lumbar support.
Man, you are sure making life tough for them by that stinker mail

Its actually good that you came to know of these features just when you booked your car. I have attached the price list I recieved from the dealer here, despite me asking him several times to send me the one with Airbags - he understood, still sent me the same pricing twice

The other dealer had given me the price of AT 4x4 with airbags prices, no excel sheet from him !

Note that they are confirming Java Brown in 4x4 AT (without airbags version)
Attached Files
File Type: xls Price List Scorpio D & NCR 11.11.09 V2.xls (854.0 KB, 638 views)
Old 13th November 2009, 14:22   #178
BHPian

Hope at least they would respond. Come on it would be height of expectation if an email would wake them up from their slumber. Till now no response. However, I am no more anxious, as now I can be sure that I would be getting the much awaited Mhawk -4X4- AT- with airbags- which just about a few weeks back was only on the wishlist.

I have kept aside the amount based on the figures sent by you to pay the dealer - if they are ready to deliver even today. So I have done my job- now its their job to assemble the kits, together,do the PDI, register the vehicle and send it to me.Till then I wish I could go to sleep. I hate being anxious and keeping fingers crossed with so little tolerance for ambiguity.

Again thanks to M&M - for at least doing something more rather than merely putting some chrome and stickers in the refresh model.

Quote:
Man, you are sure making life tough for them by that stinker mail

Its actually good that you came to know of these features just when you booked your car. I have attached the price list I recieved from the dealer here, despite me asking him several times to send me the one with Airbags - he understood, still sent me the same pricing twice

The other dealer had given me the price of AT 4x4 with airbags prices, no excel sheet from him !

Note that they are confirming Java Brown in 4x4 AT (without airbags version)
Old 13th November 2009, 18:32   #179
BHPian

On the official website page - whats new list is updated. They have replaced the 18 new features with the 6 new ones.

whatsnew
Old 14th November 2009, 12:14   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the official website page - whats new list is updated. They have replaced the 18 new features with the 6 new ones.

whatsnew

Cant see it, I can still see 18 features .

Shatrughna, can you please upload screenshot if you can see it ?

Got it, from your other post in the other thread.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 14th November 2009 at 12:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks