Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 22:11   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The current 4x4 AT VLX is 11 lakhs ex-showroom in Delhi. So at 11.75 lakhs it's 75,000 more for airbags and blue lights. Seems excessive to me.
Old 10th November 2009, 22:55   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The current 4x4 AT VLX is 11 lakhs ex-showroom in Delhi. So at 11.75 lakhs it's 75,000 more for airbags and blue lights. Seems excessive to me.
The extras include airbags, blue headlamps, speed alert and bluetooth enabled audio system. This is over and above what the existing VLX comes with.
Old 11th November 2009, 09:12   #153
BHPian

Thanks tanwaramit- at least you got some concrete info and that sounds re-assuring and sweet. Price seems to be reasonable. I would have even agreed to pay a higher amount for customisation ( for these features- 4X4, AT with all the new features, in case, they would have not offered it as standard equipment. As SS Traveller has informed that the year month of manufacturing would be the month when you book, then I guess, you would be booking in Jan '10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Recieved call from Mahindra dealer today, they had people from Mahindra at his dealership. The salesguy at dealership after checking with Mahindra guys confirmed of blue lights and airbags on 4x4 AT. Priced at approx 11.75 L ex-showroom delhi. Booking amount 1 L. Delivery 2.5 months later.

No surety of 2010 manufactured vehicle, if booked now.
Old 11th November 2009, 10:17   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The extras include airbags, blue headlamps, speed alert and bluetooth enabled audio system. This is over and above what the existing VLX comes with.
airbags is good but what is blue headlamps? do they mean xenon lights?

and what is speed alert? dont tell me the voice assist system will scream once you cross 100 kmph!

bluetooth enabled audio system... tata manza effect huh? first provide better speakers atleast!
Old 11th November 2009, 11:22   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Thanks tanwaramit- at least you got some concrete info and that sounds re-assuring and sweet. Price seems to be reasonable. I would have even agreed to pay a higher amount for customisation ( for these features- 4X4, AT with all the new features, in case, they would have not offered it as standard equipment. As SS Traveller has informed that the year month of manufacturing would be the month when you book, then I guess, you would be booking in Jan '10.
Welcome Shatrughna, the dealer further said, that these are unofficial updates, the official updates, confirmation and pricing will be recieved in around 7-10 days. When asked more about it, he said, "aapko internet se information mila hoga"

We are quite updated.

I will be booking after the Auto Expo, am going there on first day itself

Raj: Yes, it is voice assist warning system, Male of Female voice if you crossover 80 kmph (I guess)

Last edited by tanwaramit : 11th November 2009 at 11:25.
Old 11th November 2009, 12:10   #156
BHPian

Raj_5004- good to see you in this thread again. Blue headlamps is not xenon/HID. Its something like blue vision lights. Check out the pictures of the same in previous page.
Difference with Tata Manza stereo with bluetooth is that it has ports for SD card and USB both- hence preferred. Bluetooth compatibility will be good for ease of conversation thru speakers- only wonder how many people would use it. Imagine your family is sitting and you get calls which you wouldnt want to take in their presence. Anyways- user descrition advised.

I am excited about it now. Perhaps this settles my quest for a vehicle for at least next three years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
airbags is good but what is blue headlamps? do they mean xenon lights?

and what is speed alert? dont tell me the voice assist system will scream once you cross 100 kmph!

bluetooth enabled audio system... tata manza effect huh? first provide better speakers atleast!
Old 11th November 2009, 12:45   #157
Senior - BHPian

More Good News

From price-list given by dealer
  • AT-4WD is now available in White, Black, Java Brown, Rocky Beige and Mystic Purple.
  • AT-4WD with Airbags is now available in White, Black, Rocky Beige and Mist Silver
Don't know the logic behind these color offerings. Can someone else confirm the color choices from dealers in other cities ?

BTW, the price increase for Airbags version is only 22K in the price list that I have (and not 75k as stated earlier).
Old 11th November 2009, 12:58   #158
BHPian

Please, dont tell me that its a rumor later. I am happy to read rocky biege as an option and sincerely hope its true. Please, confirm - my dealer denies any info .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
From price-list given by dealer
  • AT-4WD is now available in White, Black, Java Brown, Rocky Beige and Mystic Purple.
  • AT-4WD with Airbags is now available in White, Black, Rocky Beige and Mist Silver
Don't know the logic behind these color offerings. Can someone else confirm the color choices from dealers in other cities ?

BTW, the price increase for Airbags version is only 22K in the price list that I have (and not 75k as stated earlier).
Old 11th November 2009, 13:01   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please, dont tell me that its a rumor later. I am happy to read rocky biege as an option and sincerely hope its true. Please, confirm - my dealer denies any info .
I have it in the price list from dealer. Is this an editing mistake in the price list? I don't know. I am trying to confirm as well and hence the post here. I am also asking the dealer to confirm. Till yesterday, he was saying only Black and White in 4wd.

I am further confused by the difference in color choice options on models with Airbags and without. Doesn't make sense whatever. Will update as and when I have more information.
Old 11th November 2009, 13:23   #160
BHPian

Its great to know that they have given you a pricelist with confirmation on colours. Please, keep it handy. I have fwd the text of your post and that of tanwaramit's to the dealer here. May be that would swing them into some action.

The dealer here has the info regarding added features and confirmed the same. However, no instructions from M&M as yet to pass on the concrete news/ info to customers so they are keeping quiet about it.

Color choice - as again - they have no idea as yet. So again lets wait till something is confirmed. I must say the Bangalore dealer is quiet proactive and gets all the info first. Which dealer is this?

Quote:
I have it in the price list from dealer. Is this an editing mistake in the price list? I don't know. I am trying to confirm as well and hence the post here. I am also asking the dealer to confirm. Till yesterday, he was saying only Black and White in 4wd.

I am further confused by the difference in color choice options on models with Airbags and without. Doesn't make sense whatever. Will update as and when I have more information.
Old 11th November 2009, 13:54   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Color choice - as again - they have no idea as yet. So again lets wait till something is confirmed. I must say the Bangalore dealer is quiet proactive and gets all the info first. Which dealer is this?
SKS. They have been pretty responsive so far.

It also appears that the prices of all models have been hiked by around 10K so Mahindra is using this refresh to sneak in a minor price hike as well

Last edited by hondadude : 11th November 2009 at 13:55.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:16   #162
BHPian

Thanks honadude about the price info. Is it possible to get price and color info for AT 2WD as well.

TIA
Old 11th November 2009, 15:11   #163
BHPian

Thanks still wondering how SKS has information even before company owned showroom's staff.

I feel M&M is much more honest and reasonable in price hikes. Normally I would expect a price difference of around 30-40K for the additional features. The change of stereo ( with bluetooth), speakers with built in tweeters, blue vision bulbs, new instrument clusters with MID etc. easily justify a hike of 10K.

This is considering the 70K downward revision few months back. I wouldnt have got surprised if with AT,4X4 , airbags and all the features - they would have steeply hiked the price- of course it would have looked foolish on part of M&M but then there are quite many manufacturers who sell their cars at exhorbitant prices.

Quote:
SKS. They have been pretty responsive so far.

It also appears that the prices of all models have been hiked by around 10K so Mahindra is using this refresh to sneak in a minor price hike as well
Old 11th November 2009, 17:10   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The change of stereo ( with bluetooth), speakers with built in tweeters, blue vision bulbs, new instrument clusters with MID etc. easily justify a hike of 10K.
10K is pretty ok hike and I wouldnt mind paying that premium for Airbags version. But I somehow am not sure, if other players have products with airbags at 10K differentials.

Waiting for the price eagerly. Hondadude, can you please share the pricing you have !
Old 11th November 2009, 18:43   #165
BHPian

Have replied & sent a pm to hondadude- now soon to be "Hawk-eyed" for the pricelist. suggest you to send him a pm - with your email id. Its actually the first pricelist with revised prices as no dealer has so far got it printed- including the company showroom as they are waiting for some approval/ email from M&M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
10K is pretty ok hike and I wouldnt mind paying that premium for Airbags version. But I somehow am not sure, if other players have products with airbags at 10K differentials.

Waiting for the price eagerly. Hondadude, can you please share the pricing you have !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks