Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 00:12   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Thanks shatrughna.

If I had known this yesterday, I probably would have held my booking for another month.
it's just a days gap. Am sure you can postpone it. This time I have a feeling this news is true. Will this warrant an increase in price ? Any guesses, how much more ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Tanwaramit you are the one who is still waiting. Here's is a news. Yesterday a friend of mine went to a dealer and he got the news that in two months scorpio with airbags , bluetooth etc is expected. On hearing this I googled it and found a similar news at vicky.in Sep 09.
that's one very useful information Shatrughna, thanks for sharing it. Thanks to Raj too for sharing the quoted text.

Yup, I am waiting, seems like 2010 is the year for M&M with their world SUV too coming up. What color have you chosen Shatrughna ? It seems then my check will be ready post Auto Expo to confirm n book 4WD AT Scorpio. Wonder how many BHPians would be driving theirs by then.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:42   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks shatrughna.

If I had known this yesterday, I probably would have held my booking for another month.
Ask the dealer to hold your booking money and not send in the order to M&M now - waiting a week or two might clear up the pic a little more, and you don't end up with an older model.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:00   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Here's is a news. Yesterday a friend of mine went to a dealer and he got the news that in two months scorpio with airbags , bluetooth etc is expected. On hearing this I googled it and found a similar news at vicky.in dtd Sep 09.
Hmm.. Yesterday in Chennai Medavakkam Main Road, I spotted a Mahindra Vehicle and it looked like Scorpio with its spoiler etc., but the thing was it didn't have any info on the back, the back was simply blank, I mean, no Scorpio and the model (vlx, etc.,), to my surprise, the corners were rounded like Xylo, I could be mistaken as it was 8 PM, After a minute, I was trying to chase, but missed it. This could be speculative, I refrained from posting it as I was not sure, after reading the above news, could it be 2010 ? Usually they cover the whole vehicle while testing, but this was fully open, so not sure.

I was also holding my booking for new year, if this is true, then it is worth the wait..

Hope to get more news on this sooner..
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:42   #109
Senior - BHPian

carbhp, well current new muv/suv spotted from mahindra has tail lamps like older scorpio and not like current one going all the wayup, so might be the same vehicle you spotted too, or was it scorpio itself you saw?
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:01   #110
BHPian

could be, but the spoiler and the outer rim on the top were exactly like Scorpio
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:55   #111
BHPian

Does anyone have any insider info related to Airbag Version of Scorpio, this will help other who where planning the 4x2 VLX as well as 4x4 VLX, I inquired about this today at dealer and their reply, "this plan has been going on for last 2-3 months but no firm date when this will be out, either wait for new year or book it now".

-Pramod
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:51   #112
BHPian

This is the response, I got from the company owned showroom when I queried about the airbags etc and wrote that I was willing to wait for another month or so if needed. Wondering whats so secret about it that they dont share even with their own employees.

However, good news is that they are co-operative and I too have very bright chances of getting one with airbags. So no harm in booking even now with specific requests for preferred dates for make, delivery ( if later e.g. 2010).

"Dear Sir,
Thank you for writing in. Yes what you heard is right, Scorpio is coming out with few vital value for money add ons, including driver and co driver air bags. But like you we too have been getting this updation in auto magazine and website. We have not received official news confirming it. As it is Scorpio 4WD AT is assembled to order, and the current waiting period may vary again if plant is waiting for regularizing the production of new one.
We shall update you about the price, waiting period as soon as we have updation on them ourselves from the principles".

Quote:
Congrats Hondadude! Good to know you booked it. Tanwaramit you are the one who is still waiting. Here's is a news. Yesterday a friend of mine went to a dealer and he got the news that in two months scorpio with airbags , bluetooth etc is expected. On hearing this I googled it and found a similar news at vicky.in dtd Sep 09. Now I am wondering if someone here on TBHP has any such news. Now keeping my fingers crossed as to whether we would get a similar config since already have booked it. In case, there is a possibility of getting the fully loaded one by waiting for another month, I wouldn't mind even at the cost of losing another 50k that I paid for booking. In anycase, I ll try to speak with dealer and see if same is possible. Chances are few that dealer as usual may have any info yet may be if I insist, they may revert with at least the news that may benefit other prospective buyers like you. Irrespective of what happens, surely a lot is cooking in M&M. The one grouse in scorpio , lack of airbags is most likely to get sorted out now.
Choice of colours and options for seating configuration remain limited but as hondadude mentioned at least seating options can be increased by the dealers , so more reasons to rejoice.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:09   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the response, I got from the company owned showroom when I queried about the airbags etc and wrote that I was willing to wait for another month or so if needed. Wondering whats so secret about it that they dont share even with their own employees.
Thanks for the update. I have already notified the dealer here to put my booking on hold until we have clarity on Airbags.

BTW, I am also hearing that along with airbags there will be 'blue lights like skoda' (words of sales person from dealer). I think he is referring to HIDs. I would be pleasantly surprised if that turns out to be true.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:54   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update. I have already notified the dealer here to put my booking on hold until we have clarity on Airbags.

BTW, I am also hearing that along with airbags there will be 'blue lights like skoda' (words of sales person from dealer). I think he is referring to HIDs. I would be pleasantly surprised if that turns out to be true.
HIDs on Scorpio !! The wait was never so sweeter. Come on Mahindra, we are waiting. Though I am not quite optimistic on Scorpio getting HIDs. (Contrasting statements )

If so much is happening then I wonder if they change the Nippon Music system and speakers too.
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:00   #115
BHPian

As long as they can keep the same price or very little change to the current price, they can do whatever they want without removing any existing features
Old 6th November 2009, 09:46   #116
Senior - BHPian

Scorpio with Airbags, Tweeters launched. News from Vicky.in

Not surprising the official site is not yet updated.

Mahindra Facelifts Scorpio | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos

Don’t be serious! its not a serious facelift. Mahindra has again added new features to its flagship product – scorpio. Scorpio VLX – top end variant of scorpio gets the following features

* Twin front airbags – passenger and driver

* twin dial instrument panel

* front speakers with built-in tweeters

* speed warning alert

The facelifted scorpio will see a marginal hike in price.

Pictures of new scorpio VLX
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio VLX A/T 4WD - anyone got it?-scorpio_vlx_dials150x150.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio VLX A/T 4WD - anyone got it?-1-scorpio_vlx150x150.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio VLX A/T 4WD - anyone got it?-scorpio_vlx_ip150x150.jpg  

Old 6th November 2009, 10:32   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I got to say that with the VFM pricing and now with these goodies, Scorpio is gaining a distinct advantage over it's nearest competitor.
Old 6th November 2009, 11:24   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post

Quote:
Don’t be serious! its not a serious facelift. Mahindra has again added new features to its flagship product – scorpio. Scorpio VLX – top end variant of scorpio gets the following features

* Twin front airbags – passenger and driver

* twin dial instrument panel

* front speakers with built-in tweeters

* speed warning alert

The facelifted scorpio will see a marginal hike in price.
Pictures of new scorpio VLX
The front airbags and speed warning alert (a la Xylo) will be new. The twin dial instrument panel with LCD display and front speakers with built-in tweeters are already incorporated into the new Scorp.

With cruise control AND speed warning alert in place, you'll never be stopped by the cops for overspeeding.
Old 6th November 2009, 14:21   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post

The website (vicky.in) uses the word "launched". But where is this launched? I called up a dealer here in Bangalore and they aren't aware.
Old 6th November 2009, 15:29   #120
BHPian

They may wait for sometime otherwise nobody would buy now and they can't clear their existing inventory.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks