Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 23:58   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Congratulations! 10 weeks of waiting for delivery was what I did for my VLX M/T 4WD. So mid- to end-Jan should be your target, I guess.
Thanks. I am hoping it will be earlier than that. The dealer sounded pretty confident of delivering in Jan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
They are going full throttle on the production now. Deliveries expected in 4- f weeks instead of 10 as planned earlier.
I think the dealer booked the car today (with Mahindra). Earlier I had asked him to hold off because I was awaiting information regarding Airbags and then colors and seating config etc. Finally when I got confirmation from Mahindra customer service that this model is available only in White/Black and only in side facing seven seater config, I gave the dealer go-ahead to book the car.
Old 20th November 2009, 09:07   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Thanks. I am hoping it will be earlier than that. The dealer sounded pretty confident of delivering in Jan.

I think the dealer booked the car today (with Mahindra). Earlier I had asked him to hold off because I was awaiting information regarding Airbags and then colors and seating config etc. Finally when I got confirmation from Mahindra customer service that this model is available only in White/Black and only in side facing seven seater config, I gave the dealer go-ahead to book the car.
Good to hear that you have confirmed the booking. Last night I forgot to ask you the confirmation on colours- you have already answered. So which color have you chosen. Mine is white with biege brown interiors - not black with black allure interiors. Reason being that I already had similar Scorpio so a change should feel equally good. Though admit scorpio in black is alluring.
Old 20th November 2009, 09:26   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good to hear that you have confirmed the booking. Last night I forgot to ask you the confirmation on colours- you have already answered. So which color have you chosen. Mine is white with biege brown interiors - not black with black allure interiors. Reason being that I already had similar Scorpio so a change should feel equally good. Though admit scorpio in black is alluring.
Lack of choice makes life easy . I picked up Black. I like the idea of Beige interiors but most of the family voted for Black exterior so decided on Black. Once I get that, I will add lighter colored leather seats to make the cabin a bit brighter. I still don't like the idea of side facing seven seater model but dealer has assured me that he will convert that to captain seats.
Old 20th November 2009, 10:03   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lack of choice makes life easy . I picked up Black. I like the idea of Beige interiors but most of the family voted for Black exterior so decided on Black. Once I get that, I will add lighter colored leather seats to make the cabin a bit brighter. I still don't like the idea of side facing seven seater model but dealer has assured me that he will convert that to captain seats.

Damn, one of the dealer here tells me that it is available in Java Brown. I think he is not so well versed. Need to check with the other dealer who gave me the prices, he is quite updated. If only these two colors, then mine would be White too with biege interiors (wanted grey interiors).

Anyway, abhi toh dilli bahut door hai (for me I mean )
Old 20th November 2009, 10:54   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Damn, one of the dealer here tells me that it is available in Java Brown. I think he is not so well versed. Need to check with the other dealer who gave me the prices, he is quite updated. If only these two colors, then mine would be White too with biege interiors (wanted grey interiors).

Anyway, abhi toh dilli bahut door hai (for me I mean )
Dump that dealer's guy and tell him to get up and get lost and dont give us false hopes. Its confirmed now- this trim will be available ( till now) only in Black or White. Production has specially instructed dealers not to entertain requests for any other colour- I wonder whats the reason behind it- why cant they offer it to us in any other or all other colors as well. .

I wish I had mine in Rocky Biege color- even if at a premium price.
You too planning to get it in white!?

I hate white now.
Old 20th November 2009, 11:08   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dump that dealer's guy and tell him to get up and get lost and dont give us false hopes.
I wish I had mine in Rocky Biege color- even if at a premium price.
You too planning to get it in white!?

I hate white now.
Yup, need to dump him, no wonder why I dont see cars sold by him in good numbers, despite his dealership in one of the bigger area.

Koncept Motors is the one for me it seems now. Rocky Beige looks good, may be you can try like Milecruncher did (If I am not wrong it was him who got his black Bolero, despite it not being in production)

Of the two, by ruling out method, I end up with white (maintaining black is very very painful), will put up some flags of ruling party and then Delhi's roads are mine .

OT: Two days back while travelling from Gurgaon, I saw a huge traffic snarl, reaching further ahead saw an accident, saw A Corolla (not altis) in front and Qualis at the back and White Scorpio (refresh model) in between. While the boot of Corolla had gone up (good damage) , the Qualis had broken bonnet (quite a damage) , apna Scorpio didnt had any damage at all (NOTHING AT ALL), tried hard to look, could not notice any paint damage at the rear either. Kudos to the strength of Scorpio. One of the more reasons to buy it.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 20th November 2009 at 11:19.
Old 20th November 2009, 13:57   #202
BHPian

Yes , to a great extent the structural strength is Scorpio appears to be good specially from the rear side. In frontal collisions specially from sides on top - A pillar side, I have seen damages in Scorpio but rarely bent, dent or crumpled from behind. To a great extent its reasonably sturdy and safe- SUVs ( though it may not qualify as one in strict literal sense of a SUV) tend to offer better safety standards as compared to a Sedan. I recall a picture of a collision test between an Accord and a CRV where very little damage was done to CRV while Accord was in bad shape.

OT: Which party flag you want on your Scorpio- I imagined the scene but I couldnt visualise just one scorpio in that case. recently memory of the election rallys here flashe thorugh my mind. Yuk. I often wonder my scorpio (lost one) would also have been used for similar use somewhere in the distant part of the country. ( This is based on the logic forwarded by one of the police guys as why there is usually a spurt in theft cases of utility vehicles- Sumos, Scorpio, etc. few months before elections) They must have done trend analysis and based on the interrogation of thieves. Incidentally, Scorpio also happens to be the victim of choice for theives as compared to any other vehicle. So before you buy, do thorough search on the security systems needed for keeping your scorpio safe.

I intend to start doing R&D in 2nd week of Dec till then , need to gather more info from forums and local shops. Whats the scene in NCR?

Quote:
Yup, need to dump him, no wonder why I dont see cars sold by him in good numbers, despite his dealership in one of the bigger area.

Koncept Motors is the one for me it seems now. Rocky Beige looks good, may be you can try like Milecruncher did (If I am not wrong it was him who got his black Bolero, despite it not being in production)

Of the two, by ruling out method, I end up with white (maintaining black is very very painful), will put up some flags of ruling party and then Delhi's roads are mine .

OT: Two days back while travelling from Gurgaon, I saw a huge traffic snarl, reaching further ahead saw an accident, saw A Corolla (not altis) in front and Qualis at the back and White Scorpio (refresh model) in between. While the boot of Corolla had gone up (good damage) , the Qualis had broken bonnet (quite a damage) , apna Scorpio didnt had any damage at all (NOTHING AT ALL), tried hard to look, could not notice any paint damage at the rear either. Kudos to the strength of Scorpio. One of the more reasons to buy it.
Old 20th November 2009, 14:25   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes , to a great extent the structural strength is Scorpio appears to be good specially from the rear side. In frontal collisions specially from sides on top - A pillar side, I have seen damages in Scorpio but rarely bent, dent or crumpled from behind.
Yeah, quite strong, everyone of us admired the strength with which Scorpio took on Corolla and Qualis with no damage to itself.

Quote:

OT: Yuk. I often wonder my scorpio (lost one) would also have been used for similar use somewhere in the distant part of the country. ( This is based on the logic forwarded by one of the police guys as why there is usually a spurt in theft cases of utility vehicles- Sumos, Scorpio, etc. few months before elections). Incidentally, Scorpio also happens to be the victim of choice for theives as compared to any other vehicle. So before you buy, do thorough search on the security systems needed for keeping your scorpio safe.

I intend to start doing R&D in 2nd week of Dec till then , need to gather more info from forums and local shops. Whats the scene in NCR?
Yup, the most favorite in parts of UP, Punjab etc, but I guess mine will be an AT and that is one of the first deterrence as not every thief in this part of the world may know how to drive an AT vehicle. Next, I am planning to buy a garage for the scorpio to park safely inside with CCTV camera, other than that, all could be security devices would be there, so that in 15 mins if stolen I know where is the vehicle and I can track them in next 4 hrs and recover the vehicle. (very optimistic, I know). My residential area (proximity to highway, openness etc) is a boon to Scorpio thieves, but I am going to make it difficult for them, as I cant change my home. Keep me posted on your R&D through PM. I will start in Jan, will check at auto expo too, what all new is there to offer.
Old 20th November 2009, 15:12   #204
BHPian

Done- its a deal. In case, you get some innovative ( read low cost ,, low tech but effective ) ideas, do keep us posted.

I recall a specific thread where this has been discussed. Security systems for Scorpio. I ll search that .
Quote:
Yup, the most favorite in parts of UP, Punjab etc, but I guess mine will be an AT and that is one of the first deterrence as not every thief in this part of the world may know how to drive an AT vehicle. Next, I am planning to buy a garage for the scorpio to park safely inside with CCTV camera, other than that, all could be security devices would be there, so that in 15 mins if stolen I know where is the vehicle and I can track them in next 4 hrs and recover the vehicle. (very optimistic, I know). My residential area (proximity to highway, openness etc) is a boon to Scorpio thieves, but I am going to make it difficult for them, as I cant change my home. Keep me posted on your R&D through PM. I will start in Jan, will check at auto expo too, what all new is there to offer.
Old 20th November 2009, 15:46   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Booked it! Dealer is expecting delivery in Jan so keeping my fingers crossed.
Congrats, now the agony of waiting begins. So you are going to have a great New Year to begin. Have you booked VLX AT 4x4 with Airbags?
Old 20th November 2009, 17:12   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Done- its a deal. In case, you get some innovative ( read low cost ,, low tech but effective ) ideas, do keep us posted.

I recall a specific thread where this has been discussed. Security systems for Scorpio. I ll search that .
Done from this end too.

Yeah, the thread was from Manuuj for his attempted steal of scorpio (2nd time). Its a favorite for thieves here, and they wont mind snatching it at gunpoint either. Hence the need to have flags. Will have that of the ruling party from here on my would be gaadi. Till next elections, then whomsoever has sarkaar, his flag comes on my gaadi.
Old 20th November 2009, 19:26   #207
BHPian

Exactly this is what I was thinking you would write. I recall one of my friends during last elections whole month he was singing praises for a candidate from x party. After the results, X party candidate lost and then my friend shouted in excitement , "yes - yes yes- hurrah- my candidate has won"!

In the meantime, today, called up the dealer, because there is a price difference in what they had quoted and what I saw on the website. I wrote to them and by evening M&M website prices are gone. Perhaps they are updating it again. . Someone please, ask M&M to at least decide the price now. Its getting too close.

I am expecting my car by 25th Dec '09. After 16th Dec till 15th Jan or so, productions may be stopped to clear the inventory - if any. So if I get it in the last batch for this year then by 20th , I should get it - in 6 days , I will have an year old vehicle. Its also possible that I may get it in the next year- no one knows as yet. How is that?

Now there is something called essential accessories-for which they have quoted Rs 5000/-. I didnt understand what is that - if its really essentially shouldnt M&M provide it in a supposedly fully loaded version of its flagship vehicle.

OT-Hope this is not a flag post/ stick for politicians, a beacon light and a hooter and a big whistle and a banner holder. On the other side- you may also choose to have 6 different party's banner / flags- 1 on each side, then something on the top and something on the dashboard.

I am ready to do anything to make sure that my car is not stolen this time. Apart from this idea - what else do you have in mind. Please, share.

Quote:
Done from this end too.

Yeah, the thread was from Manuuj for his attempted steal of scorpio (2nd time). Its a favorite for thieves here, and they wont mind snatching it at gunpoint either. Hence the need to have flags. Will have that of the ruling party from here on my would be gaadi. Till next elections, then whomsoever has sarkaar, his flag comes on my gaadi.

Last edited by shatrughna : 20th November 2009 at 19:27.
Old 20th November 2009, 21:58   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Congrats, now the agony of waiting begins. So you are going to have a great New Year to begin. Have you booked VLX AT 4x4 with Airbags?
Thanks. Yup, it is AT 4x4 with Airbags.

Quote:
Now there is something called essential accessories-for which they have quoted Rs 5000/-. I didnt understand what is that - if its really essentially shouldnt M&M provide it in a supposedly fully loaded version of its flagship vehicle.
This is from the dealership and not from Mahindra and I am sure you can deny it.

Quote:
I am ready to do anything to make sure that my car is not stolen this time. Apart from this idea - what else do you have in mind. Please, share.
The thread by Manuuj has several good suggestions. The question that I have is can we fit a gear lock to AT vehicles? If yes, then that along with a very visible steering lock would probably be the first things that I buy.
Old 21st November 2009, 09:52   #209
KMT
BHPian

Geely owned AT gearboxes

Guys
I am also considering either an AT Scorpio or an SX4, my concern is that the component supplier of the autobox here in Oz almost folded early this year and was picked up by Geely at the last moment.
If they had folded, everyone (local GM, Ford & Sanyong)who uses DTI gearboxes would have been in trouble for spares.

The dealer says Mahindra does not offer any extended warranty on the AT versions (you dont really want to be left high & dry after 2 yrs for spares etc).
Do you think I am just being paranoid or is it a valid concern that Mahindra is not backing their product for longer?

read the 2 related links below-

Drivetrain Systems International sacks 230 workers | The Australian

Geely Buys Drivetrain Systems International | The Motor Report: Auto News And Reviews

Cheers
Old 21st November 2009, 12:23   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
The dealer says Mahindra does not offer any extended warranty on the AT versions (you dont really want to be left high & dry after 2 yrs for spares etc).
That is apparently a load of crap. I took this issue up with Mahindra customer care and they said that they will offer extended warranty for AT versions as well. The dealers may not be educated at all times on these issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks