Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2009, 12:33   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
Guys
I am also considering either an AT Scorpio or an SX4, my concern is that the component supplier of the autobox here in Oz almost folded early this year and was picked up by Geely at the last moment.
If they had folded, everyone (local GM, Ford & Sanyong)who uses DTI gearboxes would have been in trouble for spares.

The dealer says Mahindra does not offer any extended warranty on the AT versions (you dont really want to be left high & dry after 2 yrs for spares etc).
Do you think I am just being paranoid or is it a valid concern that Mahindra is not backing their product for longer?
I guess, dealers here are offering extended warranty on AT models. Also, good that drivetrain did not shut down, instead it was taken over by some other company, that is good thing as then the support will be provided.

Also, M&M is getting the parts till now that means the sale has not impacted the sales of AT boxes to them from Drivetrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Exactly this is what I was thinking you would write. I recall one of my friends during last elections whole month he was singing praises for a candidate from x party. After the results, X party candidate lost and then my friend shouted in excitement , "yes - yes yes- hurrah- my candidate has won"!

In the meantime, today, called up the dealer, because there is a price difference in what they had quoted and what I saw on the website. I wrote to them and by evening M&M website prices are gone. Perhaps they are updating it again. . Someone please, ask M&M to at least decide the price now. Its getting too close.

I am expecting my car by 25th Dec '09. After 16th Dec till 15th Jan or so, productions may be stopped to clear the inventory - if any. So if I get it in the last batch for this year then by 20th , I should get it - in 6 days , I will have an year old vehicle. Its also possible that I may get it in the next year- no one knows as yet. How is that?

Now there is something called essential accessories-for which they have quoted Rs 5000/-. I didnt understand what is that - if its really essentially shouldnt M&M provide it in a supposedly fully loaded version of its flagship vehicle.

OT-Hope this is not a flag post/ stick for politicians, a beacon light and a hooter and a big whistle and a banner holder. On the other side- you may also choose to have 6 different party's banner / flags- 1 on each side, then something on the top and something on the dashboard.

I am ready to do anything to make sure that my car is not stolen this time. Apart from this idea - what else do you have in mind. Please, share.
Same here, seeing the difference between website prices and the dealer quotes, have asked him, he hasnt bothered to call since.

No, its going to be 2-3 flags (exterior) of one party only, the one who is ruling the state at the time , rest electronics stuff will come in due course before the car comes. I am sure that 5K is a rip off from the dealer, something like 1.5 Lakhs (someone was saying) for a Fortuner with immediate delivery. You still have time to wait for 2010 model

Also, got a revised scan of the printed price list from dealer, he again is adamant on Java Brown availability on 4x4 AT. Though looking at the same closely I find this color is not available in manual version. I dont know how to get to the truth, may be need to contact M&M. Will catch hold of them at Auto Expo for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio VLX A/T 4WD - anyone got it?-price-list-scorpio-.jpg  

Old 21st November 2009, 13:45   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Also, got a revised scan of the printed price list from dealer, he again is adamant on Java Brown availability on 4x4 AT. Though looking at the same closely I find this color is not available in manual version. I dont know how to get to the truth, may be need to contact M&M. Will catch hold of them at Auto Expo for sure.
I had the same dilemma so I contacted Mahindra customercare. I did get good response from them and now I have mail from Mahindra folks in my inbox which clearly states that 4wd is available only in White/Black and only in side facing seven seater version. There is no point trying to convince dealer one way or the other. We all know about the knowledge of dealers.
Old 21st November 2009, 14:37   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
Guys
I am also considering either an AT Scorpio or an SX4, my concern is that the component supplier of the autobox here in Oz almost folded early this year and was picked up by Geely at the last moment.
If they had folded, everyone (local GM, Ford & Sanyong)who uses DTI gearboxes would have been in trouble for spares.
I don't think this should be a major concern as the typically many of these Auto component manufacturers go through bankruptsy and re-organize. There is too much at stake for other auto manufacturers to let them fail.

Secondly, I feel Mahindra's US launch hinges on a good automatic transmission as close to 95% of vehicles sold there are auto transmission so Mahindra maybe putting plan in place, if not already in place.

For all you know the transmission may already be produced locally under license as importing it from Oz will add an unwanted cost to Mahindra.
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:13   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I have mail from Mahindra folks in my inbox which clearly states that 4wd is available only in White/Black and only in side facing seven seater version
Do you mean that the rear seats are side facing and not possible to get a rear-3 seater in 4wd.

M&M website does provide options of a 8 seater.
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:46   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Do you mean that the rear seats are side facing and not possible to get a rear-3 seater in 4wd.

Yup, you heard it right. Mahindras website is not so updated and neither are their dealers, nor the dealers price list. Check the one uploaded by me, it says Java Brown for 4x4 AT.

The source of information from Mahindra officials is the latest and uptodate.

Hondadude is referring from those conversations (email I mean)
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:51   #216
BHPian

@shatrughna, hondadude, tanwaramit

what are the offers/freebies available for the AT model?
What is the waiting period?
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:01   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I havent reached of the stage of asking for freebies.

However, I think extended warranty is free if you get delivery this month.

See if you can get perfume, door mats or Bullbar free. (I guess it has mud flaps from factory)

Neither dealers, NOR company is giving anything else (thats what I heard)

Waiting period -- I have been told 8-10 weeks.

Hope you get yours faster.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 23rd November 2009 at 16:03.
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:16   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
See if you can get perfume, door mats or Bullbar free. (I guess it has mud flaps from factory)
You mean floor mats! Maybe a steering lock like this
Mahindra Scorpio VLX A/T 4WD - anyone got it?-steeringlock1.jpg
would be in order - esp. since the Scorpio is a highly stolen car, and A/Ts don't have provision for a gear lock.
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:25   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not much really. The model that we are buying (4x4 AT) is not something that dealers have in stock and want to move out fast. This is practically made to order.

The dealer did promise me that they will switch my seating config to captain seat one.

Also, ikoneer, the seating config and color choices are limited for 4x4 AT only. The normal 2wd AT comes in both 7 and 8 seater options and is also available in Java Brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller
would be in order - esp. since the Scorpio is a highly stolen car, and A/Ts don't have provision for a gear lock.
Can we install U-type Gear lock for A/T car ?
Old 24th November 2009, 10:11   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
You mean floor mats!
Yup, my bad, meant Floor mats. Thanks for correction.
Havent any of the gear lock mfg companies yet made a product for AT vehicles ?

Quote:
Not much really. The model that we are buying (4x4 AT) is not something that dealers have in stock and want to move out fast. This is practically made to order.

Can we install U-type Gear lock for A/T car ?
Yup, the issue of made to order with Mahindra, all other manufacturers do everything possible for made to order vehicles, wonder why Mahindra is adamant on its position.

hondadude, have you googled gear lock for AT car ? Guess we can start from there of may be some local dealers in your area can help, I will search in my area about it.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:36   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think extended warranty is free if you get delivery this month.

if it is an OR condition ( which I highly doubt) take Bull-bar any day , Floor mats rubber type just cost approx 650 Rs in supermarkets , Woven Fabric types may be around 1200 - 1400 but carry boy bull bar is approx 8 to 10K depending on model and local cheaper ones are between 4 - 7 K.
Old 24th November 2009, 13:56   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
if it is an OR condition ( which I highly doubt) take Bull-bar any day , Floor mats rubber type just cost approx 650 Rs in supermarkets , Woven Fabric types may be around 1200 - 1400 but carry boy bull bar is approx 8 to 10K depending on model and local cheaper ones are between 4 - 7 K.
Yup, some people have managed to get it. (bullbar I mean)

I meant, see if you can EXTRACT these from the dealer as they are shy to give even a bottle of perfume on this scorpio.
Old 25th November 2009, 14:59   #223
BHPian

sure let me check with the dealer about their offer,when i get the TD done.

am also collating AT options and scorpio site is blocked in my office, can someone list the technical specs and features of the Scoripio AT.
Old 25th November 2009, 15:02   #224
BHPian

Quote:
I had the same dilemma so I contacted Mahindra customercare. I did get good response from them and now I have mail from Mahindra folks in my inbox which clearly states that 4wd is available only in White/Black and only in side facing seven seater version. There is no point trying to convince dealer one way or the other. We all know about the knowledge of dealers.
The dealer here ( Mumbai)too has been since, the beginning confirming only two colors- Black or White.
Quote:

The 4X4 AT is available only in 7 seater (side facing) last seats configuration. Dealer may offer the other config. as they can also do the needful on their own.

Quote:
Yup, you heard it right. Mahindras website is not so updated and neither are their dealers, nor the dealers price list. Check the one uploaded by me, it says Java Brown for 4x4 AT.

The source of information from Mahindra officials is the latest and uptodate.

Hondadude is referring from those conversations (email I mean)
Java brown , silver, rocky biege , mystic purple, etc ? Keep dreaming ( not available for 4X4AT version).

Quote:

Freebies- they are not giving the cars as yet and we started to discuss freebies!

Quote:
Yup, some people have managed to get it. (bullbar I mean)

I meant, see if you can EXTRACT these from the dealer as they are shy to give even a bottle of perfume on this scorpio.
Yet another bargain- ok- they are giving a list of "essential accessories" worth 3K from the accessories shop in 5K from their showroom- interested? No perfume but definitely a kit for "pooja" they will give at the time of delivery.
Now, even if they dont give me middle seat and rear seats, neutral / water or no-color option, even if they dont give any logos and stickers, its okay as long delivery dates are announced anytime soon and they deliver.

So far no clarity on even the prices as dealer has quoted one price and website shows another- whats the actual price- who knows .
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:29   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Now, even if they dont give me middle seat and rear seats, neutral / water or no-color option, even if they dont give any logos and stickers, its okay as long delivery dates are announced anytime soon and they deliver.
Did you get any update on delivery date ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks