Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2009, 16:30   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

New meters look similar to those on the new Superb. Airbags are a welcome addition as the Scorpio for a 10lakh rupee plus car seriously lacked with a major emission of Airbags.

Now lets expect leather seats in the next updated version. Any idea about the price change?.
Old 6th November 2009, 21:15   #122
BHPian

Thanks Tanwaramit for sharing the pics of the new scorpio dials. The info display looks good between the dials. I got an email today from the dealer asking for confirmation of the colour. I called up to confirm if any other color option is available. Not yet. Next obvious query was what about the new version with airbags? "Sir, we are also waiting for the confirmation as yet and we have written to the company that customer doesnt mind waiting till confirmation and if waiting period is not too long then he would like to wait". This was reassuring reply.

I am glad that at least someone still bothers about a customer's requests at this dealership. So, waiting with a a bit anxiety about the final outcome of the new member- "airbag or no airbag" is a question.

In the meantime was also thinking, is black the right choice for the color considering the fact that I had the one in black and sometimes used to think that the biege / brown interiors look bit roomier and fresher as compared to the allure black interiors. Only trouble is the kids who don't care what falls on the seats or if its ok to smear their ice-cream dripping hands on the sides of the doors/ arm rests.
Old 7th November 2009, 10:35   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
The website (vicky.in) uses the word "launched". But where is this launched? I called up a dealer here in Bangalore and they aren't aware.
I guess launched means at the factory level the product is ready to be produced and is available as an option for those seeking it. Have you put your vehicle on hold ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Thanks Tanwaramit for sharing the pics of the new scorpio dials. The info display looks good between the dials.

I am glad that at least someone still bothers about a customer's requests at this dealership. So, waiting with a a bit anxiety about the final outcome of the new member- "airbag or no airbag" is a question.
You are welcome, the moment I saw this news, I rejoiced. Meanwhile can you help me know what are the interior options, considering only two exterior color options for Black and White for AT 4x4.

Black Exterior paint -- Interior Colors ?
White Exterior paint -- Interior Colors ?
Old 7th November 2009, 10:40   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
I guess launched means at the factory level the product is ready to be produced and is available as an option for those seeking it. Have you put your vehicle on hold ?
Yes, I have. The dealership is waiting for news/confirmation from Mahindra. As of now, there is no confirmed news about the date of Scorp with Airbags.

Quote:
Black exterior comes with black allure interiors
While exterior comes with beige interiors.

Someone said the other day that Black in 4x4 is full black as opposed to Black/silver combo. Dealer believes it is Black/Silver combo. I have booked black because I am not a big fan of white. i would have loved to buy Java brown if it was available but I still can't understand the logic behind limiting the color choice on 'made to order' models.
Old 7th November 2009, 12:00   #125
BHPian

Quote:

In the meantime was also thinking, is black the right choice for the color considering the fact that I had the one in black and sometimes used to think that the biege / brown interiors look bit roomier and fresher as compared to the allure black interiors. Only trouble is the kids who don't care what falls on the seats or if its ok to smear their ice-cream dripping hands on the sides of the doors/ arm rests.
Quote:

You are welcome, the moment I saw this news, I rejoiced. Meanwhile can you help me know what are the interior options, considering only two exterior color options for Black and White for AT 4x4.

Quote:

Black exterior comes with black allure interiors
While exterior comes with beige interiors.

Someone said the other day that Black in 4x4 is full black as opposed to Black/silver combo. Dealer believes it is Black/Silver combo. I have booked black because I am not a big fan of white. i would have loved to buy Java brown if it was available but I still can't understand the logic behind limiting the color choice on 'made to order' models.
Yes- Black is Black Allure interiors. I had the same combination in my lost VLX. White has mixed biege-combi- dual tone seats, steering centre etc and brown( fake wood) inserts for gears, music system console and door inserts ( as informed and guessed from the pics on the website).

Interestingly both are metallic colors( normally black and white colours are offered in non-metallic shades). This white is not snow white but somewhat like pearlish white / off white colour.

I am inclining to White colour for biege / brown interiors.

No news available yet with any other dealer (that I contacted ) about any confirmation on new dials, MID display, airbags / bluetooth/HID etc. I dont mind waiting- as someone said- waiting was never so sweeter.
Old 7th November 2009, 15:25   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am inclining to White colour for biege / brown interiors.

No news available yet with any other dealer (that I contacted ) about any confirmation on new dials, MID display, airbags / bluetooth/HID etc. I dont mind waiting- as someone said- waiting was never so sweeter.
White makes more sense now, even though it is not snow white. Well metallic paint for white !! I am seeing many cars being sold as metallic blacks but white is something good and new (for me)

Bluetooth ? HID ? Thats going to be for a long wait for sure, however Airbags & MID display will be soon on vehicles. Does anyone know people from Mahindra sales ?
Old 7th November 2009, 15:41   #127
BHPian

Good news

Just coming back from the dealers showroom. Banners are displayed "upto the neck with tech". Confirming dual airbags, bluetooth audio, blue vision bulb ( so no hid) twin pod instrument cluster, MID , speed warning ( needle turning red) etc. So still no leather seat, no seat height adjustment, so lumbar support ( this is where xylo is better), and no HID lamps. Prices not announced.

Quote:
White makes more sense now, even though it is not snow white. Well metallic paint for white !! I am seeing many cars being sold as metallic blacks but white is something good and new (for me)

Bluetooth ? HID ? Thats going to be for a long wait for sure, however Airbags & MID display will be soon on vehicles. Does anyone know people from Mahindra sales ?
Old 7th November 2009, 15:57   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just coming back from the dealers showroom. Banners are displayed "upto the neck with tech". Confirming dual airbags, bluetooth audio, blue vision bulb ( so no hid) twin pod instrument cluster, MID , speed warning ( needle turning red) etc. So still no leather seat, no seat height adjustment, so lumbar support ( this is where xylo is better), and no HID lamps. Prices not announced.
Terrific news, did you manage to click the picture of the banner ? Was it a text banner or with images ?

What is blue vision bulb ? (pardon my ignorance)

I thought speed warning will be audio, needle turning red (how !!) and can it be calibrated to other speeds say 90 or 110
Old 7th November 2009, 16:23   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

wow good news, but not to good to hear that they have yet not included seat height adjustment and lumbar support as well.Any more information,pictures??
Old 7th November 2009, 17:05   #130
BHPian

My replies are in bold.

Quote:
Terrific news, did you manage to click the picture of the banner ? Was it a text banner or with images ?

Banner with images.

What is blue vision bulb ? (pardon my ignorance)

Something like philips blue vision bulb- bluish light- brighter but standard wattage- halogen.

I thought speed warning will be audio, needle turning red (how !!) and can it be calibrated to other speeds say 90 or 110
Sorry No idea as no details there, about the caliberation but logic says that it must be caliberated at different speeds- about whether needle turns red or is it originally red _ I am not too sure, may be , its just a voice assisted warning sound.

Tweeters are included in the front speakers. Some of the features in existing refreshed model are also included in the banner. New features are flagged separately as new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
wow good news, but not to good to hear that they have yet not included seat height adjustment and lumbar support as well.Any more information,pictures??
pic attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio VLX A/T 4WD - anyone got it?-scorpio-rerefresh.jpg  

Last edited by shatrughna : 7th November 2009 at 17:19. Reason: attach pic
Old 7th November 2009, 18:37   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Awesome news! What about the dates ? If we book now, when will we get all these ?
Old 7th November 2009, 19:56   #132
Senior - BHPian

Just talked to the dealer. It turns out that these new features are being launched in VLX (MT) to start with. No ETA on AT and 4wd versions.
Old 7th November 2009, 21:37   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just talked to the dealer. It turns out that these new features are being launched in VLX (MT) to start with. No ETA on AT and 4wd versions.
well, then its bad. I am going to a dealer tomorrow, will check n update you guys.

thanks for the pics Shatrughna, that bluish color looks cool ! I guess it will be at par with HID
Old 7th November 2009, 21:57   #134
BHPian

Thanks for the pics Shatrughan. That is awesome news but no ETA on AT is bad.
Old 7th November 2009, 22:06   #135
BHPian

After joining TBHP , I have stopped relying on what dealer or salesmen there say. I don't even ask them as most of the time I end up educating them on their products or sometimes hurting their ego and ending up in a pointless argument. When dealers are not even aware of Scorpio 4X4 AT, I don't expect them to answer whether the new features would be available or not @ hondadude.
@ tanwaramit - yes please, do let know if any update is there or, let's just keep our fingers crossed. Though, any other manufacturer would have treated 4X4 AT as premium product and would have normally offered all the latest features in it but M&M may even omit it initially to keep the cost lower. Let's see. May be my friendly company showroom salesperson gives me some authentic info on Mon- Tue. Till then, let's see what info do Delhi dealers have.
Quote:
well, then its bad. I am going to a dealer tomorrow, will check n update you guys.

thanks for the pics Shatrughna, that bluish color looks cool ! I guess it will be at par with HID

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks