Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Choice of dates for the meet...
Saturday, 17th September 16 72.73%
Sunday, 18th September 6 27.27%
Saturday, 24th September 12 54.55%
Sunday, 25th September 9 40.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 11:46   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet

Wonderful pics and great reports- awaiting many more!

Sorry I missed this. Monaro tried his smoothest moves to get me to drive up but there's a lot going on right now, plus we were working on Saturday!

My Sunday drive plan didn't work either. Well- there is always next year!

Can't see too many flowers this time around, though.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 12:23   #197
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyur View Post
A teaser before the rest come in!
Keyur, that's a fantastic snap! Loved the PP . Waiting for the rest of the treasure trove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Wonderful pics and great reports- awaiting many more!

Sorry I missed this. Monaro tried his smoothest moves to get me to drive up but there's a lot going on right now, plus we were working on Saturday!

My Sunday drive plan didn't work either. Well- there is always next year!

Noopster, why wait for another year? There is at least one week left (24/25th Sep) in this year's season. In fact, I am headed to Kaas on 24th.
Old 19th September 2011, 12:35   #198
BHPian

[quote=ajay_satpute;2510928]Wow!

@keyur: That teaser pic is one hell of a pic man. True artistry! I am eagerly waiting for more from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Keyur, that's a fantastic snap! Loved the PP . Waiting for the rest of the treasure trove.
Thanks guys! More snaps coming soon.

Quote:
Noopster, why wait for another year? There is at least one week left (24/25th Sep) in this year's season. In fact, I am headed to Kaas on 24th.
I had a talk with the forest rangers there. They told me that the bloom would be there till about 8-10th of October.
I would suggest you to check the rains before going as it will turn out to be a no-show if you are expecting to see / snap flowers in the rain. It is very windy and very very wet, so taking the camera out is not an option :(

And if you are planning it, do give me a ping - my camera is left unsatisfied
Old 19th September 2011, 12:47   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyur View Post
I would suggest you to check the rains before going as it will turn out to be a no-show if you are expecting to see / snap flowers in the rain. It is very windy and very very wet, so taking the camera out is not an option :(
And if you are planning it, do give me a ping - my camera is left unsatisfied
As Keyur already quoted, wind and rain made the things miserable,
we could not stop at the plateau due to no parking.

If things are going by this way, i am sure, there will be no more tourist visit to kaas in coming days and thats good for conservation of fragile nature at kaas.

I hope, next year, we will head to unexplored area.

@keyur,
waiting for pics.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 19th September 2011 at 12:51.
Old 19th September 2011, 13:12   #200
BHPian

What an awesome weekend..

Right now in office will make it short. It was really great to meet all Bhpins along with their friends and family. Just unable to work still thinking of the great weather and pollution free air. Saturday we stayed back at Satara, yesterday morning we did Sajjangad and Thoseghar. Sunday weather was better than Saturday, as it was sunny whole day, but was short of time as i had to make quick dash at Pune, reached at 11.45 PM to Dombivli.

Uploading the Group Photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-kaasgroups1.jpg  

parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 13:29   #201
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
As Keyur already quoted, wind and rain made the things miserable,
we could not stop at the plateau due to no parking.
Thanks Ashish. What's the nearest spot where you can park? Has the forest dept earmarked any area as the offical parking spot? I would not mind half or one KM of walk.

By any chance, are you saying that humans - even on foot - are not allowed on the plateau and one can only enjoy the views from the window of a passing car? Hope that's not the case.
Old 19th September 2011, 14:32   #202
BHPian

Guys,

Me and the rest of the gang with me reached Bangalore safe n sound later on Sun evening. But, all this was after a wonderfully refreshing trip! All of us loved the places we visited - Thosegar, Chalkewadi and finally Kaas. And it was great meeting up with fellow Bhp'ians Aashish P (thanks for proposing a meet and especially the places!), Keyur, Nomadabhi and a few others at Mahendra Exec.

We had to break out of the group, since we wanted to visit the other places (falls, windmill farm). I wonder if that was a good move, since Kaas was almost completely fogged out and we could not really spend much time there, when we got there around 3'ish. The plan to hit the lake on Sun morning also didn't work due to overnight rains in Satara, foggy weather and the not so good health condition of one of the people in the group.

But then, end of the trip we were a happy and refreshed lot thanks to the different shades of green we saw all around! I hope to make this trip again next year with better weather. I'm yet to download the pics and will post some later this evening. Also, the white Punto is now in a not so great shade of brown ;-)

@ Keyur: we missed bumping into each other only at Kaas. It was a bit of a spoiler what with strong winds, relentless rains, wet n slippery surface, dense fog. Also, with no connectivity, it was impossible to reach anyone there. Look forward to more pics from you and good to meet up with you

@ Kaushik: Looks like you are having a great trip man! Have fun and lets catch up sometime soon in Blr.
Old 19th September 2011, 14:44   #203
BHPian

Quote:
What's the nearest spot where you can park? Has the forest dept earmarked any area as the offical parking spot? I would not mind half or one KM of walk.

By any chance, are you saying that humans - even on foot - are not allowed on the plateau and one can only enjoy the views from the window of a passing car? Hope that's not the case.
The designated parking is about 300 metres from the start of the plateau, although the plateau itself is large, so the total walk could be substantial. Also, beyond the plateau is the Kaas Lake, so you could directly drive by the plateau, stop at the Lake (or head further to Bamnoli) and stop at the plateau on the way back (on either side of the plateau).

Humans are allowed on the plateau - but if it is raining (and foggy), you can hardly see anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
@ Keyur: we missed bumping into each other only at Kaas.
It was great meeting you too (and surprising to see you conversing well in Marathi )
Yeah, we met at Mahendra, bumped into each other both at Thosegar and at the hotel (lunch), and we also saw your car parked near the boating point (just before the Kaas plateau parking). Maybe next year!

Last edited by keyur : 19th September 2011 at 14:48.
keyur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 16:32   #204
BHPian

@yogeshnagpal

05:35 AM, and no one @ McD? Pari/F'Fan you were so accurate with timings?
Yogesh, for me the day started chasing everyone and covering up for the time lost. My daily route (Kalyan-Panvel) was a mess and nothing less than walking on lunar crater. Reached approx. at 06:09 AM. Knowing that noone will be at McD, my chase began to catch up with Pari/F'Fan. Also, I had to catch up with my old buddy, @Silverado to give him company as he was alone in his Nano.

Will make sure to accompany you and be on time in next meet.

@Keyur

I was there @ Mahendra Exec. and I too saw it parked, I guess time was around 08:30PM

@Gostel

Sir, it was good to catch you @ Katraj Toll. After toll I stopped along with Silverado, we were joined by Monaro and F'50. I was looking for you but guess you already managed to move ahead. Later while coming back, it was getting late and I got muscle pull on my right leg, so I was in hurry to be home. Moreover, much of the time lost @ Satara to see off my Kolhapur friends. Infact, I didnt even saw the flashing light. All I was watching is the front traffic and places to manuver.

@Keyur

Buddy you got it all right and in sequence

@Silverado

Considering my pics from last year, I would say not even one pic of mine is upto that mark this year. But, I am sure there are few who opted to visit it on 24th and will gift us with what we missed. However, what is more interesting is it being TBHP meet and ofcourse you being there, it was like old times.

@Kavesh

The Alto belongs to Ashish Bhau, Estilo's (NOMAD-2) is mine. The maroon Cayy* wasnt TBHP and crossed it many times enroute Mum-Satara.
Nano, as I was observing while following was too good and stable even in ghats and was doing well even in 2nd gear.

@SDP

refer the following pic and notice the tapes they have utilized to mark the border. This is the main pleateau and noone was allowed to cross it. Parking was about 500meters away from start and end of pleateau.

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-dscf3121.jpg
nomadabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 18:48   #205
Senior - BHPian

Guys, seeing your pics especially above one by Abhi marking the no-entry strip, I consider myself utter lucky to have been able to venture on the main platue for couple of hours with all the family and some others from other cars were also able to. This boundary was not there when I visited on 4 Sep, it was all open, just that they were not allowing any vehicles to stop and get onto platue in their presence, but thankfully we could make the best of the farthest end. Seeing the fog in the above pic, was it not possible for couple of the cars from the convoy to stay put at that end I had mentioned and enjoy there for sometime?
Old 19th September 2011, 20:13   #206
Senior - BHPian

A small update from us, we decided to give Kaas another visit today while returning. And boy oh boy, it probably was the best decision we made. Three weather was just the best, Sun playing hide and seek and those magical lights on an amazing valley of flowers. We forgot about the long drive ahead of us to back home at Bangalore and spend the whole afternoon there. We've started around 6pm from kaas and now on the way back. Now along with Ladakh, Kaas is a place which I would like visit every year.
Signing off from the road,
Kaushik_s from the silent navigator seat, Sidkun at the driving wheel, Shajufx from the jumpy backseat and a very dirty Scorpio we loved Kaas..

Notes: on weekdays you are allowed to take your car all the way up..

Last edited by kaushik_s : 19th September 2011 at 20:17.
kaushik_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 22:52   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Hi All,

Saw the team-bhp convoy as they entered the Kaas region, where the forest personnel were stopping cars, sadly our driver suggested we parked there. Saw Ashish Pallods estilo and couple of MH O1 cars. I believe the convoy went to Bamnoli village from there. Parking was an issue.

@Ashish Pallod- Would have been good if I had your no.

@Silverado- How was your experience with the Nano, please share.

There was a Vashi registered Porsche Cayenne turbo behind, did it belong to a Bhpian ?
Hey Kavesh

Nano expereince was good!
was able to keep with the convoy easily since it was only me and my wife in the car on highway.

After Satara we had Nomadabhi's wife in our car so it was 3 people and car managed to climb ghat sections in 2nd gear, except for one very steep section where i had to engage 1st.

Monaro was also concerned about the fact that one needs to go OTR to let oncoming vehicles space, but no such issues, i was going off road whenever needed.

I was driving it like any normal car, in fact it was the only car in convoy without discs, but it never was found lacking in any aspects.

I reached pune by 9.45 pm and easily managed to keep nano in speeds between 80-100 on most occasions.

Did tank full while starting the trip, and E started blinking as i was nearing home.

So even if we consider that nano can take 18 ltrs, i had consumed 15 ltrs to cover a distance of 329 kms = 22kmpl!

This is my second trip in Nano, first one being Bhimshankar.
Overall i am very happy with the car!
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 10:33   #208
BHPian

Good to read all the reports of the visit. I saw that a trip to Triveni-Sangam was also included in the itinerary. Some questions regarding that
- How long is the boat trip from Bamnoli to this place? Other than the temple, what else is to be seen there?
- It was also mentioned that we can drive over to this place? Can someone point out the route for the same? Is it a proper road or a mud road like the one from Bamnoli to Tapola?
- Last one: I see that no one is wearing life-jackets. Having got accustomed to using life jackets, i have a morbid fear of getting into a boat without a life jacket. Do we get life jackets if we request for them?
thanks in advance.
Old 20th September 2011, 10:49   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajarams View Post
1]- How long is the boat trip from Bamnoli to this place? Other than the temple, what else is to be seen there?
2]- It was also mentioned that we can drive over to this place? Can someone point out the route for the same? Is it a proper road or a mud road like the one from Bamnoli to Tapola?
3]- Last one: I see that no one is wearing life-jackets. Having got accustomed to using life jackets, i have a morbid fear of getting into a boat without a life jacket. Do we get life jackets if we request for them?
thanks in advance.
1] Initially, we planned to go triveni sangam which is 45 min to and fro by boat. The temple is further which needs 1.5 hour to and fro by boat. I suggest, go to tapola by boat as tapola offers better things. bamnoli-tapola 2 hours to and fro by boat.

2] there is tar road from bamnoli to datta temple.

3] In the boat, there were no life jackets but tube were available.

edit:
@scrooze, please reload the pics.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 20th September 2011 at 10:50.
Old 20th September 2011, 10:49   #210
BHPian

It was a great meet. Ap bhau thanks for taking the lead.

All the other members have already provided the update so from my side let pictures do the talking.

Get set Gooooooooooooo.. Ap Bhau taking the lead.

Pre Kaas Blooming

Ap enjoying the weather

Primal clicking all the way

Kaas on a Rainy and Foggy day

Kaas lake enjoying with AP

Rainbow

Note: Not sure why the pictures did not go with titles. Any pointers?
Attached Thumbnails
Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3102-large.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3106-large.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3167-large.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3169-large.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3203-large.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3210-large.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-dsc00417-large.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-dsc00420-large.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-dsc00433-large.jpg  

Last edited by scrooze : 20th September 2011 at 10:57.
scrooze is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks