Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Choice of dates for the meet...
Saturday, 17th September 16 72.73%
Sunday, 18th September 6 27.27%
Saturday, 24th September 12 54.55%
Sunday, 25th September 9 40.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 10:53   #211
BHPian

Re: Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
@yogeshnagpal

05:35 AM, and no one @ McD? Pari/F'Fan you were so accurate with timings?
Yogesh, for me the day started chasing everyone and covering up for the time lost. My daily route (Kalyan-Panvel) was a mess and nothing less than walking on lunar crater. Reached approx. at 06:09 AM. Knowing that noone will be at McD, my chase began to catch up with Pari/F'Fan. Also, I had to catch up with my old buddy, @Silverado to give him company as he was alone in his Nano.

Will make sure to accompany you and be on time in next meet.

Attachment 611932
F1 fan left the McD at Sharp 5.30 AM as he found no one there, and i was running 15 mins late, so when i called him, we decided to meet at First toll naka, so i skipped the the McD, and went directly to First toll, then our next stop was at McD, these we had Coffie, and thank god that McD payment counter was not working due to power cut, as we were more hungry for Wada Pav and Missal, and Satyendra told us one really nice place, and we enjoyed the Wada and Missal at Sri Ram, and it was too yummy, thanks Satyendra once again, and finally we reached at 10.20 Am at Mahendra.
Old 20th September 2011, 12:45   #212
BHPian

At the outset, a great trip. Enjoyed every bit of it. A big thanks to AP for planning and making it a grand sucess.

It was great meeting old friends and making new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
F1 fan left the McD at Sharp 5.30 AM as he found no one there, and i was running 15 mins late, so when i called him, we decided to meet at First toll naka, so i skipped the the McD, and went directly to First toll, then our next stop was at McD, these we had Coffie, and thank god that McD payment counter was not working due to power cut, as we were more hungry for Wada Pav and Missal, and Satyendra told us one really nice place, and we enjoyed the Wada and Missal at Sri Ram, and it was too yummy, thanks Satyendra once again, and finally we reached at 10.20 Am at Mahendra.
Yup, I was at McD at 5:35 AM sharp but as I didnt know Yogesh, I didnt stop by to ask ( Bad experience last time round asking strangers whether they are part of team-bhp and get weird looks in return). I called Pari and he updated me stating that he was 15 min late and Abhi were a further 15 min late. Hence we planned on regrouping at the fuel station post the first toll naka.

There while waiting for Pari, I bumped into Gostel and we all left together for Satara.

I stopped by the McD and got my order processed before the lights went out there ( surprised that they have no backup generator). Hence post breakfast I reached Mahendra by approx 9:50 AM.

In the evening too, I went to Mahendra and had a early dinner at 7:00 PM. Left Mahendra at 8:00 PM after a good dinner and was surprised to see scant traffic all the way due to which I was in home sweet home by 11:20 PM.

A great trip and looking forward to next year.

We need to meet again sometime soon as Abhi has a cake ready for us
Also as Satyen comes to this part of town (read as Vashi-Airoli-Belapur), we can surely plan a small sub-meet. What say guys?

Cheers
f1fan

Last edited by f1fan : 20th September 2011 at 12:46.
f1fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 20:25   #213
BHPian

@f1fan, you guys must have zipped past me while I was having dinner at a Wele dhaba. We reached home sharp 11:55 after a short break at Khopoli. You are quite right, the traffic was sparse and I too could drive a little faster otherwise I normally get dazed by full beams and drive rather slow at night.

Small sub-meet did you say? A.k.a. withdrawal symptom meet. I am game for that.
Old 20th September 2011, 20:47   #214
Senior - BHPian

It was a pleasure meeting atleast couple of guys who came for the meet, bad mobile network around the plateau spoiled the entire communication plans. We had a very exciting trip from Bangalore to Satara, Kaas, Pune, Lavasa etc. that started on Friday afternoon and we were back to Bangalore by Tuesday early morning totally tired and exhausted

Few images I like to share here:
Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-54.jpg

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-01.jpg

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-38.jpg

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-52.jpg

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-53.jpg
shajufx is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 20:47   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post

Also as Satyen comes to this part of town (read as Vashi-Airoli-Belapur), we can surely plan a small sub-meet. What say guys?

Cheers
f1fan
Sure I am all ready for this. If meeting point is around Belapur-Vashi considering BT, you bet this years Cake would leave you asking for more.
Old 20th September 2011, 22:16   #216
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
We had a very exciting trip from Bangalore to Satara, Kaas, Pune, Lavasa etc. that started on Friday afternoon and we were back to Bangalore by Tuesday early morning totally tired and exhausted
shajufx, lovely pics! Are those from Monday?
Old 20th September 2011, 22:53   #217
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Superb reports and pics - looks like you had one hell of a meet / drive, and as usual I missed it.

I'm finally planning a drive to Kaas this Sunday 25th. ("Screaming and Kicking", as our dear friend issigonis would like to put it) Need some good advice please !

1) Is it possible to do a one day drive to and from Mumbai, with wife, daughter, and mother in tow ? Would want to see the Flower valley and Thoseghar falls at least.

2) How good (or bad) are the roads, I mean after Satara ? Are the roads okay to drive up in a brand-new low-slung car ? (Beemer, to be precise)

3) Most important: Will the flowers still be there ?

Thanks !

Last edited by SuperSelect : 20th September 2011 at 22:54.
Old 20th September 2011, 22:58   #218
BHPian

Uploading few Pics...

Before that Satyendra where is ur SMS ..? Also let me know if you are coming to Mumbai, and If Vashi is the place then there are many in the belt, we can have anytime a quick meet.

@Abhi waiting more Pics from you.
@keyur, waiting for your pics.
@scrooze, unable to view your pics i can view comments only.

@Ashish bhau, a big thanks for arranging everything, the Bamboli was real special place.
@Gostel Sir, It was really nice to see you after many days, now you are at New Mumbai, we should start Quick meets.

@Satendra, It was really nice to meet you and your family, your kid is cute, and you were making me villain to scare him and thanks for the Sriram Vadapav.
@Yogesh, Still can't believeyour tyres were so little worn after so many Kms, may be due to your light weight.

Now enjoy the Pics
Attached Thumbnails
Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3572.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3603.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3606.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3623.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3619.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3653.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3659.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3660.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3667.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3668.jpg  

parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 23:01   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
At the outset, a great trip. Enjoyed every bit of it. A big thanks to AP for planning and making it a grand sucess.

It was great meeting old friends and making new ones.

Yup, I was at McD at 5:35 AM sharp but as I didnt know Yogesh, I didnt stop by to ask ( Bad experience last time round asking strangers whether they are part of team-bhp and get weird looks in return). I called Pari and he updated me stating that he was 15 min late and Abhi were a further 15 min late. Hence we planned on regrouping at the fuel station post the first toll naka.

There while waiting for Pari, I bumped into Gostel and we all left together for Satara.

I stopped by the McD and got my order processed before the lights went out there ( surprised that they have no backup generator). Hence post breakfast I reached Mahendra by approx 9:50 AM.

In the evening too, I went to Mahendra and had a early dinner at 7:00 PM. Left Mahendra at 8:00 PM after a good dinner and was surprised to see scant traffic all the way due to which I was in home sweet home by 11:20 PM.

A great trip and looking forward to next year.

Cheers
f1fan
I'm game for another meet where Mum/Pune guys can catch up probably over dinner or something. This meet has left me wanting more of T-BHP
Old 20th September 2011, 23:17   #220
BHPian

Does anyone know how to label the Pictures, i still don't know how to do it.

Few more Pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3681.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3687.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3723.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3765.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3809.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3811.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3818.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3830.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3834.jpg  

Kaas and Bamnoli: Sep 2011 Team-BHP Meet-img_3674.jpg  

Old 20th September 2011, 23:17   #221
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hi guys,

1) Is it possible to do a one day drive to and from Mumbai, with wife, daughter, and mother in tow ? Would want to see the Flower valley and Thoseghar falls at least.

2) How good (or bad) are the roads, I mean after Satara ? Are the roads okay to drive up in a brand-new low-slung car ? (Beemer, to be precise)

3) Most important: Will the flowers still be there ?

Thanks !
SS. Here are the answers.
1. It is possible. Just start from Mumbai before 6 pm. You should be in Kaas by 10. It is not a valley. It is a plateau. Get in to Satara and ask for Bogda (tunnel). Before tunnel, there is a right turn. 24 kms in that road is Kaas.

2. Road after Satara is ok. You can drive a brand-new low-slung car there. No issues. Just ensure that you don't get off the road on the kaas plateau to make way for vehicle from opp direction to avoid getting hit below. (congrats on your new acquisition - beemer)

3. This weekend would be the best time for the flowers. The initial days one gets to see only the yellow color flowers. Go there this sunday, you'd find every possible color. And due to the rains, I believe the flowers would be there till end sept or even a couple of days in oct. But nevertheless, go there this sunday. Sadly, weekends can get damn crowded.

And finally, you may run in to the following people there in Kaas. Bol Bolero, MX6 and may be even the Red Baron (of kicking and screaming fame).

Good pics Shaju_fx. good that you decided to drop by on the return as the weather easened. Weather plays a very important part in kaas. Rain spoils photoenthusiasts day. Wish you post some more pics.
MX6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 03:03   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Welcome to the party gents!
Where ever you meet up, can you also please keep us Pune guys informed? We intend to meet up at either Chandni Chowk or Warje, so we can all proceed together when you guys arrive here.

silverado: you getting the Nano?
Missed your quote, but you got the answer buddy! Nano did well.22kmpl was overall avg in that 330 kms trip to kaas
Old 21st September 2011, 10:38   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
If things are going by this way, i am sure, there will be no more tourist visit to kaas in coming days and thats good for conservation of fragile nature at kaas.
I hope, next year, we will head to unexplored area.

Please click on the link posted below,
this is the unexplored area i was talking about.
It needs trekking.
If possible, we will do it next year, lets see how many are interested?

loksatta, 21-09-2011 igitalEdition

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 21st September 2011 at 10:41.
ASHISHPALLOD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 11:54   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
SS. Here are the answers.
1. It is possible. Just start from Mumbai before 6 pm.
2. Road after Satara is ok. . (congrats on your new acquisition - beemer)

And finally, you may run in to the following people there in Kaas. Bol Bolero, MX6 and may be even the Red Baron (of kicking and screaming fame)..
Thanks buddy, for your prompt reply !! Hey, will you guys really be there ?? Or is it that you all are such regulars at Kaas, that anytime one visits, there's a chance you'll be there ?

BTW: Much as I wish it was, the Beemer is not mine.. It's kind of in the family, so just borrowing it for a day !!
Old 21st September 2011, 12:08   #225
Senior - BHPian

@parimal, scrooze, shajufx, f150,yogestnagpal, gostel, keyur,
nice pics, we need more pics here.

@shajufx,
we really missed you bangy guys. so near and we could not meet.
Nice to see that you guys again dashed to kaas plateau and got a good look of the place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks