Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2015, 12:32   #9241
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
3. Is some Quick-spray-type-detailer recommended ? If yes, please suggest a VFM product.
You can use Proklear Rinseless wash or Optimum No Rinse Wash as quick detailer also. Refer to the product bottle for dilution ratio to make quick detailer.

Quote:
Is above basic inventory & plan good to begin with?
Suggestions & inputs please.
Get one good car shampoo as well like Meguiars NXT Car Wash and wash your car after 2/3 months depending upon the condition of the car.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th April 2015 at 13:36. Reason: typo corrected
SaurabhSaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 12:43   #9242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
You can use Proklear Rinseless wash or Optimum No Rinse Wash as quick detailer also. Refer to the product bottle for dilution ration to make quick detailer.
Get one good car shampoo as well like Meguiars NXT Car Wash and wash your car after 2/3 months depending upon the condition of the car.
Thanks for the information, SaurabhSaran!
I will get & continue to use ONR / Proklear RAW as quick detailer - until, I feel the need to get a proper/separate QD product.

Do you have a recommendation among the options above - or both are equally good?
Also -
ONR Wash & Shine
OR
ONR Wash & wax ??

I will get a good shampoo soon.
Meguiars NXT Car wash seems to be trusted by many.

Thanks for your inputs,

Ace.
Old 29th April 2015, 14:33   #9243
BHPian

Quote:
Do you have a recommendation among the options above - or both are equally good?
Personally I am using Ultima Waterless Wash and I am very happy with the results. I haven't tried any of the products you are considering to buy, going by the reviews here both seems to be good products where Proklear seems to be most economical.

Quote:
ONR Wash & Shine
OR
ONR Wash & wax ??
ONR (Optimum No Rinse) Wash & Wax is advance version of ONR Wash & Shine, the major difference is that ONR Wash & Wax has carnauba wax and advanced UV inhibitors. In case, you are not planning to apply wax on your car then go for ONR Wash & Wax.

Last edited by SaurabhSaran : 29th April 2015 at 14:45.
SaurabhSaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 15:15   #9244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Right now I use a spray of wash n wax concentrate which I prepare for weekly wash. And for windshields I use the soap solution concentrate.
Quote:
I will get & continue to use ONR / Proklear RAW as quick detailer - until, I feel the need to get a proper/separate QD product
Using Proklear RAW Xtreme for the last 9 months and I must say that considering the cost and effectiveness of the product, it'll surely give ONR a run for its money. A 1:400 (5ml/2 liters of water) dilution ratio is enough of regular maintenance (windshield also). It can be used as a clay lube too with a ratio 1:100. So if you're a detailer on budget Proklear is highly recommend. Their new CX variant with Carnauba is also receiving positive reviews.

If you want a VFM shampoo forget the NXT. The shampoo is of great quality for sure but to produce ample suds you'll have to use atleast 5-6 capfuls of the product for every 4 litres of water. Go with Sonax Gloss Shampoo or Amway Car Wash. Both are excellent VFM products.
RiGOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 15:24   #9245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I am planning to buy this cleaning brush. Anyone have this - if yes, if it good? Are the bristles soft enough?

http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00QISBNLS
Expensive IMO. Drop in at your neighbourhood supermarket/department store and head to the house/restroom cleaning section. You will find similar brushes with hard and soft bristles for a lot cheaper. Will work with the car equally well.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 16:27   #9246
Senior - BHPian

Thank you.
I was only considering the fact that one could attach a hose to it.
Old 29th April 2015, 16:33   #9247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Thank you.
I was only considering the fact that one could attach a hose to it.
Are you planning to use it on the body or the wheels? If it's on the body, a big NO. Use only MF cloth and that too not the road side cloth. Use the brush only to clean the tires/alloys.

Since you are from cochin, head to Lulu hypermarket and get the green color MF cloth. It does a good job when compared to the ordinary blue (cheap) MF cloth else head to 3M and get their cloth. IMO, the one I suggested does a pretty decent job.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 19:26   #9248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Are you planning to use it on the body or the wheels? If it's on the body, a big NO. Use only MF cloth and that too not the road side cloth. Use the brush only to clean the tires/alloys.

Since you are from cochin, head to Lulu hypermarket and get the green color MF cloth. It does a good job when compared to the ordinary blue (cheap) MF cloth else head to 3M and get their cloth. IMO, the one I suggested does a pretty decent job.
Thanks. I had originally thought it would be good (soft) enough to clean the body but now that you don't recommend it, I shall look out for the ones you suggested on my next visit to Lulu.
Old 30th April 2015, 19:31   #9249
BHPian

I have some stains on the leather seats. I tried Optimum Leather protectant (I know it is not a cleaner), then tried Amway Leather Cleaner.
Both didn't remove the stain, but I accidently wiped a cloth which had dish washer liquid and surprisingly, it removed the stain. I didn't use it on the remaining part of the seat, just a single wipe.
So in short, I guess I will have to use some heavy cleaner. Can I use Megs APC on leather seat and then follow it up with Amway and Optimum protectors? Any other cleaning agent you guys could suggest?

Last edited by Holyghost : 30th April 2015 at 19:52.
Old 30th April 2015, 20:22   #9250
Senior - BHPian

Getting a second hand ertiga on Saturday and have a wedding where I will be taking this car on Sunday.

Problem is that the car isn't that clean
1. Steering and horn pad is dirty from resting palm on it.
2. Backseat & front seat backs are dirty because of the present owners baby girl and ertigas beige interior.
3. Dashboard too have some muddy look.

I wanted to take the car for a detail session, but don't think I will get time for it.

Can you suggest some shampoos/cleaning agents which are available locally which be used to can these by myself?

Any precautions to take before touching hornpad and dashboard with water?

Is there a post on how to clean dashboard and seat cloth the DIY way?
Old 2nd May 2015, 04:36   #9251

Does anybody have experience with Proklear WAW Wash and Wax? I think it is a new product from Proklear since I could not find even a single mention of it in this or other threads. As far as I know, their RAW and RAW Xtreme have good reviews here, so this might be good too. I'm planning to try it but would like to know if anyone has already did.
Old 2nd May 2015, 13:10   #9252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayazhajimalang View Post
Does anybody have experience with Proklear WAW Wash and Wax? I think it is a new product from Proklear since I could not find even a single mention of it in this or other threads. As far as I know, their RAW and RAW Xtreme have good reviews here, so this might be good too. I'm planning to try it but would like to know if anyone has already did.
I have read awesome reviews about this product. I use RAW and am waiting for it to finish before buying RAW extreme.

Maybe you'll be the first to post a review...
Old 3rd May 2015, 18:56   #9253
Senior - BHPian

Can this Abro MD 360 Duster be used for Dry and Wet Cleaning of Car as advertised?
Abro-MD-360-Economy-Microfiber-Duster

What is the longevity of this duster?
Old 3rd May 2015, 19:02   #9254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Can this Abro MD 360 Duster be used for Dry and Wet Cleaning of Car as advertised?
Abro-MD-360-Economy-Microfiber-Duster

What is the longevity of this duster?
Looks like another clone of the California duster. Get the Jopasu duster instead and dust the car only when it is dry and there's a light coat of dust over the surface.

That said, ABRO's products are substandard at best! Right from their masking tape that leaves a sticky residue when you remove it.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 11:03   #9255
BHPian

I am planning to give my Polo for a detailing session. Its six month old and has done 15k km. I searched some detailing centres in Calicut and here is the price quote that I got.

1. Pete's Smartwax - 8500/- with one year warranty and three free services within one year

2. Car wax near Eranhipalam in Sales tax office road - 5000/- with one year warranty

3. Carz spa near Vikram ground - 3750 for polymer coating with one year warranty.

4750 for Acrylic coating with one year warranty. (Mirror effect)

4. Khan's Car spa near Thondayad bypass - 4500 for 'Teflon' with one year warranty and two free services.

Since I had received varying quotes, I am a bit confused which one to go for. I hope Carz spa deal sounds good. Can you please suggest, which is the best out of the above?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks