Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2009, 14:04   #556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Why are those different patches?
Sir Ji, dont know why there is a mismatch in the paint those 3 marks, i think is it because some drops of the rubbing compound were left for a longer time, as the area was the one which is covered in the pic by the camera, the cement clot was there.

I think that must be the reason for those marks, what you say?

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 30th April 2009 at 14:05.
Old 30th April 2009, 14:08   #557
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
i think is it because some drops of the rubbing compound were left for a longer time, as the area was the one which is covered in the pic by the camera, the cement clot was there.

I think that must be the reason for those marks, what you say?
That cannot be the reason. Check it again and if need be, polish that entire area once again.
Old 30th April 2009, 14:12   #558
BHPian

Ok, i will polish the entire area again, and give update on that.
Old 30th April 2009, 14:24   #559
BHPian

they are not different patches
thats his reflection holding the camera and taking the pic
hes polished it to a mirror finish
Old 30th April 2009, 14:32   #560
BHPian

I will check it out again, and will post the pic after polishing the area once again.

Lots of free time, as today in Mumbai it is a holiday due to elections..!!
Old 30th April 2009, 14:33   #561
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
they are not different patches
thats his reflection holding the camera and taking the pic
hes polished it to a mirror finish
Ooops! you're right.

@sharma_sanjeevi, do not polish again boss. It's fine.
Old 30th April 2009, 14:58   #562
BHPian

@Rudra Sir,

I went to see the roof of the car in the parking & took a pic before polishing or cleaning the area.

@Dockap,

You seem to be right mate, it must be the reflection which was causing the illusion of paint mismatch.

Find attached the latest pic before polishing that i took just now
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc01330.jpg  

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 30th April 2009 at 15:02.
Old 1st May 2009, 20:00   #563
BANNED

Rudra Ji,

What a wonderful Thread ! t-bhp is an ocean of car info & I wish I would have joined much earlier. So much insight of every little thingies.

I seek your expert advice, I may sound laymen for car matters. I just bought a Fiat Linea Flamenco Red color & read this entire thread. Mentioning below some limitations under which I want to try to maintain & take care of my Car to the best:
  • Parking is in open space - at work as well as residence
  • Have bought Car cover OEM Linea - which is I guess plastic material
  • There is a guy who removes the cover & cleans the car everyday morning with damp/soaked cloth & a bucket-full of water.
  • He washes the car every sunday.
  • Since I'm not sure about his abilities, I've advised him to take a washed cloth from me every sunday morning & clean the car with that only. (but I've brown cloths. Pls let me know what is that Blue cloth you mentioned & where can I get it).
  • While I come back home @ around 8.30 - 9 pm, I lay the cover on top of the car. But am not dusting/ cleaning the car before putting on the cover. Am thinking of getting hold of that Brush with soft multi-colored fibres sold generally on roadside. Is it ok to dust off with that?
Under the above limitations, request your help what is the best way to try to maintain the color shine for a longer period:
  1. I've Formula 1 Wax (Yellow color tin) which is 5 years old, never used it regularly earlier. Can I still use it as I've decided after reading this thread to wax the car every month myself because as advised this time I've not applied teflon. The wax is still not dried & greasy as ever.
  2. Removing & putting on cover without dusting seems to be risky to me. But morning that guy does it, only in the evening I can dust off if there is an easy way to do it. (am scared to do it as there is lot of dust on the car as its parked whole day in open at office)
  3. Can I ask that wash guy to use sponge instead of cloth for daily cleaning? Could not yet figured out Blue cloth.
Have read the entire thread but hence the mind got cluttered. Your expert advice would be very very helpful.

PS: Is it advisable that I go for 3M paint pretection treatment on a new car?

Last edited by VahanPujari : 1st May 2009 at 20:04.
Old 1st May 2009, 21:49   #564
BHPian

Hi Rudra,

Well i need your advice. I have been in a multiple accident with my Indigo CS, no great damage but the paint has been scratched many places and panels dented esp the Doors and both the front and rear bumpers smashed.

a) Yes sounds a lot anyways, the thing is that Insurance is being paid for the scratches and dents what i wanted to know is that would the workshop do the whole for e.g door or only the scratched or dented part as they are charging a lot for repainting i.e Rs 3000/- per Panel so should i expect the whole thjing to be done or what

b) I had underbody treatment done at the time of purchase before delivery the one where they paint up some fibirous material with some blackish paint or chemical maybe Dinitrol. I found that that treatment was no great shakes as within the year the fibrious material has torn off or worn off. So do you recommend any other underbody treatment such as Wruth etc.

c) I have Tubeless tyres on original Steel rims, should i have the rims painted or treated with any antirust. I read something about this on some TBHP forum. where i dont remeber now

d) Any thing you would like to add Please?

I ask this as the Vehical is at the workshop so if possible i would have these jobs done together with the repairs and before the rains

Well this has become a longish post but please bear with it and Thanks in advance
Old 1st May 2009, 23:15   #565
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NandanRM View Post
Hi Rudra,

Well i need your advice. I have been in a multiple accident with my Indigo CS, no great damage but the paint has been scratched many places and panels dented esp the Doors and both the front and rear bumpers smashed.

a) Yes sounds a lot anyways, the thing is that Insurance is being paid for the scratches and dents what i wanted to know is that would the workshop do the whole for e.g door or only the scratched or dented part as they are charging a lot for repainting i.e Rs 3000/- per Panel so should i expect the whole thjing to be done or what
Generally, Auth dealer will repaint the entire door/ panel & would not do any touchups. I usually prefer to claim Insurance as & when it happens & do not like to keep even a small dent. Of course, I need to shell out 25%-30% every time but than everytime you get the things rectified in totality & the damaged thing is replaced with new ones keeping the car relatively new.
Old 2nd May 2009, 01:53   #566
BANNED

Apart from my above post, another advice is sought.

My brand new Linea had water drop marks all over. It was as if, during PDI someone sprayed water & forgot to wipe off. Tried hard to wash it but couldn't. Went to the dealer service station. He washed the car to no avail. Then he said he washed it with Diesel again no effect. Then he asked the 3M guy to polish it. The marks got very faint but some faint ones are still there. Any suggestion how it can be removed
Old 2nd May 2009, 08:16   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Apart from my above post, another advice is sought.

My brand new Linea had water drop marks all over. It was as if, during PDI someone sprayed water & forgot to wipe off. Tried hard to wash it but couldn't. Went to the dealer service station. He washed the car to no avail. Then he said he washed it with Diesel again no effect. Then he asked the 3M guy to polish it. The marks got very faint but some faint ones are still there. Any suggestion how it can be removed
What about getting it rubbed with very fine rubbing compound and polished/waxed?
Old 3rd May 2009, 09:36   #568
BHPian

I own a 3.5 yr old Swift and want to polish/wax the car.

Would be really nice if someone knows of such a place in Kolkata
Old 3rd May 2009, 23:31   #569
BANNED

Guys - I did the waxing today on my Flamenco Red Linea. Used Formula 1 Carnauba Wax (that Round pack). I think I've used more than 1/3rd of it in tis 1 application. Is it enough or I should have used more? don't know how much should I have applied.

It sure is a sure way of burning calories particularly when I do not have enough extra calories. took me 90 minutes in this summer & almost got dehydrated.

But end of the day it gives a good feeling, real ownership feeling I may add

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Rudra Ji,

I seek your expert advice,
Rudraji - pls.
Sought your advice on best way considering the limitations, if there is any alternate ways or if not then shall have to live with it
Old 3rd May 2009, 23:47   #570
BHPian

hi vahanpujari, how much did the formula 1 wax cost u ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks