Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 09:06   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Guys any best wax polish in market. I bought some water based polish from US. It does shine well and easy to apply, but in India weather it hardly stay for 2-3 days. I need something which actually can last for 6 days, so that I can redo it during weekends.
Try Silicon glaze.
Many company has this product i use Amway one. Google it for more details.Check my PM
Old 4th June 2009, 09:25   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Friends,

I am facing this problem for the past many months. A neighbor loves to have his dog relieve himself on my car and bike. Nothing has helped so far. I have tried everything from humble requests to stern warnings.

I do not wash my car daily and the urine leaves a sticky residue which causes spotting on the rims.

Is there any thing I can do to prevent this nuisance?
You can mark your territory all around by peeing around the perimeter of the area where you park your car - maybe that will deter the dog...
Old 4th June 2009, 14:47   #738
Senior - BHPian

Well for my silver Linea, i have bought,

1. Amway car wash.

2. Amway silcone glaze ( have ordered it but yet to get my hand son it)

3. Formula 1 carnauba wax

4. Cloth - Crocodile "banayan", new car deserved a new banayan and am not kidding. Cloth quality is good.
For interiors

1. Formula 1 carpet and upholstery cleaner to clean fabric on doors.

2. Petrowax dashboard polish ( liquid polish with sponge to apply on black areas), i dont find sprays economical but Formula 1 fragranced sprays are too good.

3. Formula 1 scratch out - waste of money, its good for nothing

Is silicone glaze from amway good enough to give even my poor old black honda activa a new shine?
Old 4th June 2009, 15:31   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
......I have sprayed the covers with a deadly pesticide,

........ RIP, stray doggie.
How did I miss that one!

Alls well that ends well. RIP stray dog.

Cheers,
Old 4th June 2009, 15:50   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
4. Cloth - Crocodile "banayan", new car deserved a new banayan and am not kidding. Cloth quality is good.
I too have found that there is no better cloth than a banian for the car. After trying all kinds of microfibre towels, I have finally gone back to the good old white banian. However, the used ones seem to give the best results, esp for rubbing wax off.
Old 4th June 2009, 16:06   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is silicone glaze from amway good enough to give even my poor old black honda activa a new shine?
If your Honda Activa has been neglected... and the paint finish has dulled a bit, then you need to use something like Formula 1 wax which removes oxidation, superficial scratches, etc. You can get a similar product from Turtle, etc., too. Do this once. After this, the next time you can use stuff like Amaway Silicon Glaze (I don't know how good it is at protecting, never used it) or something similar to protect the paint.
Old 4th June 2009, 16:47   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
If your Honda Activa has been neglected... and the paint finish has dulled a bit, then you need to use something like Formula 1 wax which removes oxidation, superficial scratches, etc. You can get a similar product from Turtle, etc., too. Do this once. After this, the next time you can use stuff like Amaway Silicon Glaze (I don't know how good it is at protecting, never used it) or something similar to protect the paint.
Yes it has been neglected for 3 years and in 3 years it has done just 3000 kms and service from auth Honda only once.
Washed it with car wash and then applied formula 1 wax and buffed it off with a "baniyan" . Some amount of shine did come and banian also turned black wth dust which came out of paint i think. Still that gloss isnt there, lemme try with silicone glaze too and try my luck.
Old 4th June 2009, 17:19   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it has been neglected for 3 years and in 3 years it has done just 3000 kms and service from auth Honda only once.
Washed it with car wash and then applied formula 1 wax and buffed it off with a "baniyan" . Some amount of shine did come and banian also turned black wth dust which came out of paint i think. Still that gloss isnt there, lemme try with silicone glaze too and try my luck.
Silicon glaze will bring some shine(don't expect wonders as paint is already gone bad) but it will give very smooth texture after application. Best part shine last for long time. For plastic parts like dash board/side skirting/plastic area on handle etc try Amway leather vinyl cleaner.

If anyone need any help in procuring let me know I will ask my supplier. He delivers/courier it free. Check my earlier posts for his email ID.
Old 4th June 2009, 17:44   #744
BHPian

Waxpol for dashboard

Quote:
For plastic parts like dash board/side skirting/plastic area on handle etc
You can also you Waxpol's "Vinyl & leather polish" for dashboard of my car and plastic parts of aviator, i am using it and Dashboard shines like new, Also it doesn't attracts much dust. 125ml bottle is around 110 Rs.
Old 4th June 2009, 17:44   #745
BHPian

This is the order in which the products should be used:
1. Wash -- get the dirt off. Use the 2-bucket technique -- one bucket with the car wash, another with just water. Dip foam in wash and wipe the car, then rinse the foam in the plain water bucket so that the dirt picked up is washed off. Then put the foam back in the wash bucket to pick up more wash. This keeps the car wash bucket clean for longer and reduces scratching.

2. Clay -- picks up small particles which are almost invisible and will not come off with a wash. Use a spray bottle of filter water/distilled water as lubricant, though some come with their own sprays. Still, water is sufficient.

3. Polish -- this is more abrasive than wax and will bring back the shine.

4. Glaze -- less abrasive than the polish. I like 3M Imperial Hand Glaze.

5. Wax. This is the least abrasive and it's main purpose is to protect.

For interim jobs, a cleaner wax can also be used. This is more abrasive than regular wax.

Some suggest a sealant before the wax. I've never done that so cannot comment.
Old 4th June 2009, 20:33   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I seriously don't think Amway Silicon Glaze is what will do the job for you. Perhaps a couple more sessions with F1 might do the job. I just hope you are using a genuine pack. Else try an equivalent product from Turtle, which is supposed to be better.

I haven't used a lot of Amway products, but I don't think much of them. The Leather and vinyl cleaner just did not perform well. F1's dashboard cleaner is far better. Haven't used the Amway Silicon Glaze, but it does not even claim to protect from UV rays or anything else. It just claims to give a shine.
Old 4th June 2009, 20:38   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I seriously don't think Amway Silicon Glaze is what will do the job for you. Perhaps a couple more sessions with F1 might do the job. I just hope you are using a genuine pack. Else try an equivalent product from Turtle, which is supposed to be better.

I haven't used a lot of Amway products, but I don't think much of them. The Leather and vinyl cleaner just did not perform well. F1's dashboard cleaner is far better. Haven't used the Amway Silicon Glaze, but it does not even claim to protect from UV rays or anything else. It just claims to give a shine.
Well i think i got the genuine pack as even after 3 days of my cleaning, after wiping it off with a damp cloth the shine was back in. I think what you said holds good, this sunday also i must give it a F1 session. Turtle or Meguiars products are so tough to find here though i know they are far better.
Amway's car wash is good but people here claim silicone glaze is good too so thought i might as well give a try
Old 4th June 2009, 23:49   #748
Senior - BHPian

Well, even the cheapest polish might possibly last 3 days. Be careful with F1 - its possibly the most counterfeited polish. And I'v seen packs where you just cant tell the difference.

Since the paint has been neglected for quite sometime, you probably need a more agressive product than F1. Goes without saying that these products should be used unless really necessary as they will thin the coat.

I haven't yet been able to find Turtle anywhere, myself. :(
Old 4th June 2009, 23:56   #749
Senior - BHPian

Raccoon,

Yes, i know F1 wax is the most counterfeited product in markets and its easily available because of this quality only i think. Even their website doesnt help identifying ORIGINAL boxes, cmon man, even a 300 rs book these days comes with those holograms etc.

Will rubbing and then polish help? I have a friend's workshop nearby who handles cars denting repairs and even coloured mud flaps for my car? Giving him a try is worth it?

I have never seen Turtle or Meguiars, on rediff they are available but then no guarantee what we might end up getting. I have ordered silicone glaze, will give a try and then tell the result.
Old 5th June 2009, 01:45   #750
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Well, if you have seen his work, it might be worth a try... esp. if you don't wanna try more things yourself.

What you could use is something like this... or something equivalent (as its difficult to get Turtle products) - Turtle Wax - Premium Polishing Compound

I quite agree about the F1 counterfeiting thing. They don't seem to be interested in doing anything about it. Actually what peeves me about most of the imported products is the fact that they usually don't even have a seal on them!! Anybody could just remove all or part of the stuff inside and fill whatever else instead! Apparently they aren't targetted specifically for the Indian market.

I just bought 3M's liquid wax bottle. Its totally sealed... you can't even unscrew the cap! And its made in India!

So while the imported stuff can be better, one runs a higher risk in purchasing spurious stuff.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks