Senior - BHPian

re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Meguiars Deep Crystal System - 3 step complete detailing pack
Rs.2166/-

Mothers Ultimate Wax System - 3 step complete detailing pack

Rs.1350/-
From where are you getting these kits? Care to share the source?

Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 14:25   #4892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
1. Optimum no rinse is not over hyped. It does its job beautifully. Price is also very reasonable for the quality of product
2. Yes you can use 845 on windshield with or without claying it.
3. Meguiars one is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hi,
I'm not an expert but sharing my comments in-line to your queries.
Cheers, aK
sagarpadaki & aK, thank you for prompt replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
1. ONR is the best in class product & most of their products are the best in their class in fact. Dr. Ghodoussi (Dr.G) is a renowned chemist & they have introduced some groundbreaking products esp like Opti - coat. I have interacted with him a couple of times & he is truly a visionary in the world of detailing.
ONR is not only VFM but also multi - talented, can be used as clay lube, softens hard water, can be used as QD, can wash the car also with it.
Its an environmentally friendly product & the best for water scarcity areas in India.

2. It can be used, but a veryyy thin coat to be applied. Ensure the surface is completely dry. In our kind of monsoons, you would have to apply it more often though.

3. Both the kits are equally good. Mothers makes some of the best products out there & also locally available now in India. As far as i know the Megs kit isnt available easily in India.

Happy detailing !
nirmaljusdoit, coming from a popular expert on this forum, thank you indeed for your knowledgeable inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
From where are you getting these kits? Care to share the source?
Thanks
I saw them Auto-Mall's other website: www.carpolish.in

Mods, please note: I have no commercial interest in sharing this information.
Omega Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 14:55   #4893
BHPian

Hi nirmaljusdoit, Thank you once again for your valuable suggestions.

Regarding ONR, this was the response from one of the many dealers and detailers, I interacted with:

"In My View, you are chasing the wrong product, nothing special about it. The story is that no one was buying ONR from the Auto Mall guy "Shamanth" or "Sham" so he & his buddies decided to push the product by blowing their own trumpet, along with some of the guys on Gear heads, Team-BHP & other forums. This product has synthetic polymers, which bind to car surface & there is no research on how to get rid of them once they bind to paint surface. But in my view the best is to try on your own & then judge."

This has got me worried. I have run out of my car shampoo - Formula1 100 washes - wash & wax and am looking out for a better shampoo, maybe of a different brand. Some detailers have said, Amway products are no good either.

Please advice, Cheers

P.S: No Offence Meant to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
ONR is the best in class product & most of their products are the best in their class in fact. Dr. Ghodoussi (Dr.G) is a renowned chemist & they have introduced some groundbreaking products esp like Opti - coat. I have interacted with him a couple of times & he is truly a visionary in the world of detailing.

ONR is not only VFM but also multi - talented, can be used as clay lube, softens hard water, can be used as QD, can wash the car also with it.

Its an environmentally friendly product & the best for water scarcity areas in India.

Last edited by Omega Man : 16th September 2011 at 15:18.
Old 16th September 2011, 19:36   #4894
BHPian

Quote:

Regarding ONR, this was the response from one of the many dealers and detailers, I interacted with:

"In My View, you are chasing the wrong product, nothing special about it. The story is that no one was buying ONR from the Auto Mall guy "Shamanth" or "Sham" so he & his buddies decided to push the product by blowing their own trumpet, along with some of the guys on Gear heads, Team-BHP & other forums. This product has synthetic polymers, which bind to car surface & there is no research on how to get rid of them once they bind to paint surface. But in my view the best is to try on your own & then judge."
A product maybe talked about to no end on the forum
You may have different performance benchmark/expectation after spending a certain amount of money. While you may/may not be satisfied others will be or won't be.

It is highly subjective.

Again as you said it is better to try and make a judgement.

Quote:
This has got me worried. I have run out of my car shampoo
I have used Sonax and Mothers. Found Sonax to be better. Again my opinion only.

I havent tried ONR, as I feel spending 500 odd Rs. would fetch me a lot of shampoo, maybe I'm wrong and don't understand the real/special application of ONR.

Quote:

I guess there is not harm in expressing your own opinion on a forum, that's the whole point behind it I guess.

Cheers

GT
GT500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 20:37   #4895
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
This has got me worried. I have run out of my car shampoo - Formula1 100 washes - wash & wax and am looking out for a better shampoo, maybe of a different brand. Some detailers have said, Amway products are no good either.

Please advice, Cheers

ONR has got a large fan following, and people abroad use it for washing their cars in the winter when they don't want to use too much water.

Regarding shampoos like GT500 mentioned, good products are Sonax (their products are generally excellent), Amway is good too. Currently in the rains, I'm using Mothers Wash and Wax since I cannot seperately wax my car due to the rains. I purchased this from Automall when the price was Rs. 600. It does the job pretty well and the car has a slick feeling after a wash, like a just polished feel.
Old 16th September 2011, 22:00   #4896
BHPian

ONR feedback can be ascertained from any of the top detailing sites like Autogeek, Autopia etc. Its been used by many & positive feedback reported.
I speak from my own experience of using the product based on the feedback i read & then checking to see the results.

It also boils down to personal choice & what products one likes to use & finds the most useful for their needs !

Amway car wash is right up there with the best, from what i have used & experienced. Its good for sensitive skin & importantly, eco friendly too.
(which i feel is a must for any detailing product)

Sonax gloss shampoo is a good product too.

A good wash mitt is nice to have for a fruitful washing experience too.

PS : Dear Mods : Above feedback on the brands is from personal use.
Old 16th September 2011, 22:45   #4897
BHPian

Thank you Gt500, SAS & nirmaljustdoit for your valuable feedback.

Those were not my views as I have not used ONR as yet. Those views were aired by some dealers of detailing products and some detailers themselves.
That statement - This product has synthetic polymers, which bind to car surface & there is no research on how to get rid of them once they bind to paint surface - got me really worried, hence I needed an honest opinion from experts and members on Team BHP, who are already using ONR.

As for the price, ONR is affordable at Rs.630/ltr (1 Gallon). I bought the Formula1 100 Washes for Rs.515/- 828ml but now its Rs.175/- 473ml. I think I will try a smaller bottle (expensive) of ONR on my water based car paint. Amway is right next to my place so will try that out as well Rs.245/- 500ml and Mothers for Rs.300/- for 473ml.

Thank you all once again. Cheers

Last edited by Omega Man : 16th September 2011 at 22:47.
Old 16th September 2011, 23:23   #4898
BHPian

Can ONR be used as a degreaser? The idea is to detail the engine.
Old 17th September 2011, 01:05   #4899
Senior - BHPian

Lol! Synthetic polymers can be easily removed! ONR leaves very lil protection behind! Main goal of the polymers in it is to safely encapsulate dirt to prevent micromarring!

Its truly a great multipurpose product! Once you get to use it, you probably wont look back to traditional hose washes!(unless the paint gets super dirty!)

Its totally safe!!

@quadra - ONR isnt quite effective at removing grease and oil from engine! I've tried cleaning my i20's engine with it, it helped a lil'. Best would be a good all purpose cleaner, a brush and a garden sprayer. Dont forget gloves, to protect your hands!

Onr works great when engine is already clean(for engine qd)

Last edited by sohail99 : 17th September 2011 at 01:14.
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 12:46   #4900
BHPian

Thanks sohail. Any brands locally available for all purpose cleaning?
Old 17th September 2011, 13:09   #4901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Gt500, SAS & nirmaljustdoit for your valuable feedback.
.................................................. .................................................. ............
As for the price, ONR is affordable at Rs.630/ltr (1 Gallon). I bought the Formula1 100 Washes for Rs.515/- 828ml but now its Rs.175/- 473ml. I think I will try a smaller bottle (expensive) of ONR on my water based car paint. Amway is right next to my place so will try that out as well Rs.245/- 500ml and Mothers for Rs.300/- for 473ml.

Thank you all once again. Cheers
Please share the place where its available for 630Rs a ltr. I am anxiously waiting for a decent deal on ONR for quite sometime. The last time i checked pricing, ONR 1 gallon was available for 2500Rs.

Last edited by samsag12 : 17th September 2011 at 13:14.
Old 17th September 2011, 13:43   #4902
Senior - BHPian

Where is ONR available for 630/litre?

I do not want to buy a full gallon as I won't be needing that much. Even if I can get 1 litre for 800 bucks or so, I think its worth it.

Please let us know.

Last edited by adimicra : 17th September 2011 at 13:45.
Old 17th September 2011, 14:25   #4903
BHPian

I came to that figure using this calculation:

8oz of ONR costs Rs.456/-
8oz=236ml, so effectively 1Liter costs Rs.1932 x 236ml=Rs.456/-

32oz of ONR costs Rs.1254/-
32oz=946ml, so effectively 1Liter costs Rs.1325 x 946ml=Rs.1254/-

1Gallon of ONR costs Rs.2394/-
1Gallon=128oz=3.8Liters, so effectively 1Liter costs Rs.630 x 3.8Liters=Rs.2394/-

(1 US fluid ounce = 29.5735296 ml) (All above figures are close approximates)

Bottomline is to buy a Gallon of ONR to save on more than 3 times the cost per liter.

Hope this helps, Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Please share the place where its available for 630Rs a ltr. I am anxiously waiting for a decent deal on ONR for quite sometime. The last time i checked pricing, ONR 1 gallon was available for 2500Rs.

Last edited by Omega Man : 17th September 2011 at 14:42.
Old 17th September 2011, 19:20   #4904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I came to that figure using this calculation:

8oz of ONR costs Rs.456/-
8oz=236ml, so effectively 1Liter costs Rs.1932 x 236ml=Rs.456/-

32oz of ONR costs Rs.1254/-
32oz=946ml, so effectively 1Liter costs Rs.1325 x 946ml=Rs.1254/-

1Gallon of ONR costs Rs.2394/-
1Gallon=128oz=3.8Liters, so effectively 1Liter costs Rs.630 x 3.8Liters=Rs.2394/-

(1 US fluid ounce = 29.5735296 ml) (All above figures are close approximates)

Bottomline is to buy a Gallon of ONR to save on more than 3 times the cost per liter.

Hope this helps, Cheers
Oh ok. now i got as to how you calculated that figure. As you pointed out, there is some weird pricing done to the ONR range.
PS: Was thinking whether it is possible to pool and buy the gallon jar & distribute the quantity as per the price paid. This way many people can save a lot of money as the cost per head will be less compared to what smaller bottles of ONR cost. Awaiting some suggestions in this regard if anyone's interested .
Old 17th September 2011, 22:59   #4905
BHPian

Good suggestion, but I guess its much more feasible for members of the same city/area. IGallon of ONR may last atmost a year, so I guess its still worth it, or you may buy 473ml of Formula1 100 Washes Wash & Wax Shampoo for Rs.175. I have used it and it really works wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
PS: Was thinking whether it is possible to pool and buy the gallon jar & distribute the quantity as per the price paid. This way many people can save a lot of money as the cost per head will be less compared to what smaller bottles of ONR cost. Awaiting some suggestions in this regard if anyone's interested .
Omega Man is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks