Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2013, 20:54   #1711
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Thud sound is when you go over a potholes. It could be that what i refer as Thud sound could be a Khad sound for you

That could be because of the travel of the suspension spring.
At low speeds, the XUV just crashes in potholes. Decently loud THUD. I doubt there is anything that can be done about it.

The khad-khad is different than the THUD.

Edit: 2000 posts up! The 2000th post could not have been on a better thread.

Last edited by SDP : 13th May 2013 at 20:58.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 21:02   #1712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

At low speeds, the XUV just crashes in potholes. Decently loud THUD. I doubt there is anything that can be done about it.

That means you too hear this Thud sound the moment you go over potholes. How come this was never reported by other owners till now. Everyone reported khad sound but not this, strange.

BTW: Congrats for your 2000 post, the way this thread and XUV is going, i guess your 3K post would be here only

Last edited by nitinralli : 13th May 2013 at 21:05.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 21:12   #1713
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
That means you too hear this Thud sound the moment you go over potholes. How come this was never reported by other owners till now. Everyone reported khad sound but not this, strange.
I thought its fairly well known that the XUV crashes in potholes at low speeds.
Here are a few posts that report the THUD:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2834217

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2991853

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3015585

Quote:
BTW: Congrats for your 2000 post, the way this thread and XUV is going, i guess your 3K post would be here only

This thread has become quite sluggish after the initial months of hyper-activity. I hope this thread is dead and burried under lots of happy XUV travelogues and long-term-ownership reports by then.
Old 13th May 2013, 21:49   #1714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope this thread is dead and burried under lots of happy XUV travelogues and long-term-ownership reports by then.

2 weeks old XUV500 (March Manufactured)...the day I took the delivery, felt the vehicle is pulling towards left. But didn't bothered much on that as leveling of road too might play a role there.

Coolant oil leak on first week (got it fixed)

First long trip -

- Vehicle clearly pulling towards left (lots of right shoulder pain)
- HU stops all of sudden. Have to restart to make it work. Happened 3 times over 1.5k kms trip. (happens only when USB is ON)

--

But I am happily willing to accept the niggles given the way it performs on the highway. BEAUTIFUL
Surprise is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 22:17   #1715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I am happily willing to accept the niggles given the way it performs on the highway. BEAUTIFUL
Good to see the spirit!

I sincerely wish M&M makes a quality sell out of XUV and not the other way. I almost made this my next Car(upon returning to India), but the continuing niggles and the lackadaisical attitude of M&M Quality and Reliability has weaned me away!!
Old 14th May 2013, 14:54   #1716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Are all these issues taken care in the current batch of XUV's. I am on the verge of booking (can wait another couple of months though).
I think most of the issues have been taken care of in 2012 and some of them subsequently.

I am just making a list of all items just to ensure that I have all the replaced parts when I take the car to the A.S.S.

Quote:
The final thought is on the model (W6 vs the W8) since I find only the Alloy wheels & the W8 ICE as my additional requirements over the W6 offering.

Can someone guide me on the cost of replacement of both prior to delivery
I dont think the infotainment of the W8 will be available for installation in the W6.

Also, stock alloys will be very expensive.
Old 14th May 2013, 17:39   #1717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I think most of the issues have been taken care of in 2012 and some of them subsequently.

I am just making a list of all items just to ensure that I have all the replaced parts when I take the car to the A.S.S.

I dont think the infotainment of the W8 will be available for installation in the W6.

Also, stock alloys will be very expensive.
Thanks Raj, I have asked the dealer to check on this and confirm, then I will do a price comparison between W6 & W8
Old 14th May 2013, 20:18   #1718
BANNED

Quote:
Are all these issues taken care in the current batch of XUV's. I am on the verge of booking (can wait another couple of months though).

The final thought is on the model (W6 vs the W8) since I find only the Alloy wheels & the W8 ICE as my additional requirements over the W6 offering.

Can someone guide me on the cost of replacement of both prior to delivery
As per mahindra xuv 5oo manual kerb weight of W8 is 75 kg more then W6. I think due to which fuel average of w6 is more then 1.5-2.0 KM then w8.
Correct me if i am wrong?

Note from mod team: Please reattach the image, not showing up

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th May 2013 at 21:03.
bp74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 21:15   #1719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp74 View Post
As per mahindra xuv 5oo manual kerb weight of W8 is 75 kg more then W6. I think due to which fuel average of w6 is more then 1.5-2.0 KM then w8.
Correct me if i am wrong?
I dont think a mere difference of 75 kg will cause a 2 kmpl difference in FE mate, especially on a 2 ton SUV with a powerful 2.2 motor. It like adding one extra person in the W6 and driving it... one extra person does not cause the FE to drop by 2 kmpl, does it?
Old 15th May 2013, 01:42   #1720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mupreti, Good approach. Please double check with two dealers at least of the inclusions/upgrades. I like your wait and buy attitude to wean away the troubles.

Raj, you can also confirm once you get your beta testing done
Old 15th May 2013, 07:19   #1721
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Raj, I have asked the dealer to check on this and confirm, then I will do a price comparison between W6 & W8
I doubt the dealers would be able to (and more importantly willing to) give accurate information.

When I was in the process of buying my car, the dealer personnel were either completely cluless or tight-lipped about the issues. "There are no problems in recent batches, Sir" was the standard answer I was getting. That was 11 months back!

At the same time, no harm trying.

Last edited by SDP : 15th May 2013 at 07:27.
Old 15th May 2013, 10:04   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post

7. Gear shift was a mess for sometime with difficulty in slotting to 1st, 2nd and reverse gears. Again got it sorted out after a couple of running repair visits to the service centre, to my satisfaction.
FundaG
Hi FundaG, what was the reason for the hard gear shifts and what the solution ?

My new Xuv had this issue with 1,2 & 3 gears very hard to slot but have eased out after crossing 800 Kms, but still I find it tough to slot especially in the 2nd gear while running.
Old 15th May 2013, 12:43   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
This thread has become quite sluggish after the initial months of hyper-activity. I hope this thread is dead and burried under lots of happy XUV travelogues and long-term-ownership reports by then.
I wish the same SDP! I took delivery of the car on 2nd May( April end manufactured) - have covered 1200 kms in 2 weeks. I believe M&M have sorted a majority of issues.

The only issue that I face is the Hill Ascent/ Descent and EPS lights glowing after a run of about 10 kms. Taken it to Anant Auto, but they were not able to rectify (was rushed for time, so couldn't give it to them for a detailed checkup)

Apart from that, its a wonderful car and a good experience so far.
aajohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 13:33   #1724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I doubt the dealers would be able to (and more importantly willing to) give accurate information.

When I was in the process of buying my car, the dealer personnel were either completely cluless or tight-lipped about the issues. "There are no problems in recent batches, Sir" was the standard answer I was getting. That was 11 months back!

At the same time, no harm trying.
This is exactly the same answer I got today, " Sir, we have taken care of all the issues and the current batches have no issues."

The delivery is being promised in 2 weeks.

They will revert on the exchange of steel wheels in lieu of alloys

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp74 View Post
As per mahindra xuv 5oo manual kerb weight of W8 is 75 kg more then W6. I think due to which fuel average of w6 is more then 1.5-2.0 KM then w8. Correct me if i am wrong?
Thanks for this input, let me have this checked also, however to be honest, my regular driving is not much except for a few long trips during the year so I have never looked at the average of my Scorpio all these years and don't intend to do so for the next car also

Last edited by m_upreti : 15th May 2013 at 13:36.
Old 15th May 2013, 13:40   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

2 weeks old XUV500 (March Manufactured)...the day I took the delivery, felt the vehicle is pulling towards left. But didn't bothered much on that as leveling of road too might play a role there.

First long trip -

- Vehicle clearly pulling towards left (lots of right shoulder pain)

Pulling to left seems to be a very common problem in XUV. I have this from day one and from then on reported at service center at 3 different instances. The RM always convinced me that it is due to the road sliding towards left.
After a while when I was on highway at good speeds the pulling is too strong that I couldn't bear the pain on right shoulder.

After 3000 kms round trip found that both front tires outer edge is worn out more than inner ( One Scorpio owner told me that this was a common problem in Scorpio too). This time went back to service enter and ask them to drive the vehicle, they accepted there is a problem and did alignment. But the issue is still there. Escalated to M&M and awaiting a call back.

Before the trip I had done alignment at Madhus in Bangalore, which is known to be one among the best places available in Bangalore, but when re-checked the readings at M&M they claimed the target reading to be wrong in the print out. Unlike other manufacturers, M&M does not provide wheel alignment readings in owners manual for XUV. Due to this I am not able to cross verify this argument. Is there anyone having official wheel alignment readings for XUV ?

Also noticed almost all cars I found in service center having outer edge of both front tires worn out. So even if pulling to left is not present, I believe there is a configuration issue of alignment at factory itself (at least a batch of vehicles). I am aware of an alignment value change M&M instructed to service stations but don't have the details. Can someone confirm the this observation ?

For the HU issue you may ask for a replacement. Generally they agree since there is no other go as you an demonstrate the issue very easily.

Quote:

There is a rattle kind of noise from front suspension. As per M&M this is from the stabilizer bar and caused due to play between the bar and joint bushes. Last time when I complained they had fixed it and informed me that they have changed the rubber bush. After 1000 kms issue reappeared. captured in below picture what i have observed when inspected myself. When asked my RM told that this is how they fix the rattle sound. I have no clue when M&M will really standardize their service methods. Really surprised to such shoddy job from an authorized dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20130501_180137.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20130501_180153.jpg  

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 15th May 2013 at 13:49.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks