Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have TRIED it and have found that ...
It works wonders for my car/bike. I highly recommend it. 21 35.00%
Slight improvement, but I recommend it. 24 40.00%
No difference at all. Don't bother trying this non-sense stuff. 14 23.33%
It screwed my car!!! Stay away from acetone!!! 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2007, 10:32   #301
BHPian

I've been reading this tread but never had the gutts to use it on my honda city.
after reading so many review i felt why not to try just once, so yesterday i tried it, i bought acceton from medical shop added 2ml per/liter.
the result is amazing good trottle response and pick up. tell me guys will the fuel pump be able to fuction with this chemical?
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:09   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
hey finetuning,

Did u see what mr.yadav is using , 22ml acetone per ltr of petrol. !!!!!
Any comments on it.
Hi Swathyd,
Sorry i missed out the decimal between the letters .Its 2.2 ml/lt or 22 ml per 10 liter of petrol.
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:31   #303
BHPian

yadav are you getting better fe and pick up after adding it.
Old 2nd May 2007, 12:26   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
yadav are you getting better fe and pick up after adding it.
Hi Swathyd,
Its quiet some time since i started adding acetone to my vehicle, the FE has of course increased. The car vibrations has reduced, runs much smoother and there is a slight increase in the power too.
Old 12th June 2007, 21:43   #305
BHPian

hi..
after going through all 21 pages i finally decided to give acetone a try..
bought a 100 ml acetone bottle(from a chemist shop) and 10ml syringe...
tanked up my apache-full 16 liters and added 16ml of acetone with....1ml/ltr..

no changes observed for now(rode a total 130kms today...)...

will update about the changes noticed(FE and all) ...

regards
Setu Niket
Old 13th June 2007, 00:25   #306
BHPian

Hi setuniket,

I think lot more to go on experiment front......you can try 1.5...2...2.5ml per ltr....I m sure you will get benefited....do find out yourself and share...

Enjoy......
Old 16th June 2007, 10:22   #307
BHPian

????......

hi
am using acetone in my palio gtx 100 bhp for a long time here are the observations....
i drive on the same roads on daily basis,
great road quality
95%in 5th gear
city by pass highway for more than 80%
same speeds on nearly the same distances and times...
same pertol pump<hp>
petrol purchased in marked, official cans added only after measuring to the t
parked in the same place same way in the same shade,
petrol cap never opened in the day time < to conserve fuel trapped in vapour form>
i tried 1 ml to 3.5 ml per litre
i get avrage in the range of 13.1 to 13.8
what can be the reason.....
the engine is getting better and better on daily basis ...
there is no change in the feel .,avrage or performance when i changed the oil <old was mobil 1 0w 40 sl grade used for 10000 kms and oil filter changed once at 5400 kms-- the new is mobil 0w40 sm grade >and boric powder in gear box...
which brand of petrol gives the best possible difference with acetone i tried with hp and bpcl
the feel is sooooooooo great that many of my friends who sit in my car envy its performance ........
Old 16th June 2007, 15:02   #308
BHPian

Hello! Hats off to you finetuning for discovering this and spreading out the message. Today I got myself a 50 ml syringe and a 450 ml bottle of Chemical Reagent Acetone (since 100 ml bottle wasn't available). Tonight Iam going to refuel my car tankfull as usual, but this time with unleaded petrol (usually I use Speed) and add 50 ml of acetone to the fuel tank which is about 1.111 ml/litre. I thought of using 2 ml/litre but for a start I want to try with 1 ml/litre. I will post back again when I find out differences.

A

Last edited by Absar : 16th June 2007 at 15:15.
Old 16th June 2007, 21:15   #309
BHPian

Update: I just returned from refuel. I did have one issue while getting the acetone into the tank, and that was, the ford ikon has a hole cover which opens when the nozzle of the fuel pump is inserted or anything to push it open, and the syringe was bigger than the hole, so it was difficult to inject the acetone into the tank, but I just gave a try, while the hole cover was opened partially by the syringe, I injected it in. I hope the acetone went down to the fuel. So I think next time I'll have to buy a funnel that goes into the hole of my tank and then inject it. Have you people come upon such an issue??

A
Old 16th June 2007, 22:04   #310
Senior - BHPian

Absar funnel works great. I have even poured it without funnel at times lol... I was thinking to try out the syringe myself so that accurate ratio goes into petrol
Old 16th June 2007, 22:25   #311
BHPian

Talking about funnels, is there a specific size of the funnel nozzle for the fuel tank hole?

A
Old 17th June 2007, 10:09   #312
Senior - BHPian

Anything which can go slightly past the flap inside and can push it will do, you can DIY, cut open the bottom of any cola pet bottle, wash and dry, will act an a funnel.
Old 17th June 2007, 18:45   #313
BHPian

One day of driving over, about 20 km done.. I felt it somewhat easier to pickup through the gears. I tried hard not to think it as placebo effect, but it was noticeable because the car was picking up very quickly at very less throttle level. I even had about 90 kg extra load in the car (another person with me ). I'm sure its one of the benefits of acetone. Talking about the mileage, I can't say now. Perhaps the next weekend I shall do another refuel and check the mileage. At present I get 6-7 if racing the engine to its perfect shift zones i.e. 5,500 rpm and 8-9 if normal driving under 100% a/c. I hope there's a marginal increase in the effiency.

A
Old 18th June 2007, 09:44   #314
Senior - BHPian

Instead of injecting the required quantitiy of Acetone in the fuel tank directly with a syringe, try pre mixing acetone with petrol/diesel in a can and then pour it prior to tanking up.

I do that and it ensures that all of it gets washed down to the tank when the fuel is filled thus making an even mixture..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
Update: I just returned from refuel. I did have one issue while getting the acetone into the tank, and that was, the ford ikon has a hole cover which opens when the nozzle of the fuel pump is inserted or anything to push it open, and the syringe was bigger than the hole, so it was difficult to inject the acetone into the tank, but I just gave a try, while the hole cover was opened partially by the syringe, I injected it in. I hope the acetone went down to the fuel. So I think next time I'll have to buy a funnel that goes into the hole of my tank and then inject it. Have you people come upon such an issue??

A
Old 18th June 2007, 10:11   #315
BHPian

^ That's a good idea, I shall try to do it though it will be a bit of hassle to get the fuel in a can first, mix in the acetone and then pour it into the tank and then only commence to fill up the tank. But indeed that would lead to an even mixture.. Thanks for the tip though.

Btw, the fuel gauge needle seems to be going down quicker than before. I have a feeling FE is going down. I had just put 1.1 ml/litre. Is it one of those amounts that result in a drop of FE?

A

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks