Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2022, 16:42   #871
Senior - BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Got my VCDS cable from aliexpress and happy to say it worked well in the first shot. Was able to delete the 80kmph speed warnings. Also tried to modify the amplifier settings to enable Dynaudio mode. Not sure of the exact difference it does, but there is some improvement in the sound clarity(maybe just a placebo effect).

Next step is to modify some other controllers. Surprisingly the BCM doesnt allow coding. It shows that coding is not possible for this ECU. Anyone has a workaround for this one?
That’s wonderful. You could also try wiper tear drop wipe and adaptive braking lights.

By the way, is Alixpress still shipping to India. I thought they stopped taking payment from India and did not ship here any longer.
Old 19th August 2022, 17:11   #872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
That’s wonderful. You could also try wiper tear drop wipe and adaptive braking lights.

By the way, is Alixpress still shipping to India. I thought they stopped taking payment from India and did not ship here any longer.
Can someone please point me out to these adaptation’s? That would be of great help especially if it’s specific to MQB cars. I dont want to experiment around too much at this stage.
Old 25th August 2022, 20:02   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

I need to enter an access code to enable coding for the BCM. The Access code that is available in my VCDS as a hint(34137 IIRC) is not being accepted by the controller. Without this, coding of the BCM nor Adaptations are impossible. Could someone share whats the code for the Slavia/Kushaq/Taigun/Virtus or even the Polo 2019 onwards?
Old 25th August 2022, 23:31   #874
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I need to enter an access code to enable coding for the BCM. The Access code that is available in my VCDS as a hint(34137 IIRC) is not being accepted by the controller. Without this, coding of the BCM nor Adaptations are impossible. Could someone share whats the code for the Slavia/Kushaq/Taigun/Virtus or even the Polo 2019 onwards?
The code is 31347 for all MQB cars. So yes, it is the same one that is being hinted by VCDS. If it doesn't work or is not being accepted by the controller, high possibility that your cable/ software is counterfeit. It's a known issue.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 21:51   #875
BHPian

I lost the VCDS loader package i had. Would be great if someone could share a download link for the same. (VCDS V1.12 is what I had).

Thanks.
Old 30th August 2022, 02:08   #876
Senior - BHPian

Does the Polo GT TSI support steering assist parameter. I find the steering too heavy and would like to adjust the assist to a higher level if possible.

Anybody knows whether this can be done. My car is a 2017 GT TSI.
Old 1st September 2022, 22:44   #877
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Does the Polo GT TSI support steering assist parameter. I find the steering too heavy and would like to adjust the assist to a higher level if possible.

Anybody knows whether this can be done. My car is a 2017 GT TSI.
No, this cannot be adjusted in cars on this platform (PQ25) made in India, as they have a different EPS module from the EU spec cars.
Old 5th September 2022, 16:06   #878

I'm looking to buy an OBDeleven, if anyone's got one they'd like to have taken off their hands - let me know. Thanks.
Old 5th September 2022, 19:44   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer911 View Post
So I've finally placed the order for my Ross-Tech Hex V2 3 Vin Tool. Lost patience.

Fingers Crossed, I hope am able to tweak all the things I had in mind.
Did you get your cable? If so can you please share the website link? Also a noob question. Is there a mac version of the software ?
Old 5th September 2022, 19:52   #880
BHPian

Well the cable is currently lying at the FedEx office since the past 25 days because they overcharged on the import duty which I am obviously unwilling to pay. I am a businessman who knows the law about these things, they obviously assumed I am a layman and sent me an invoice for double the amount of duty. Lots of heated email exchanges with them due to overcharging custom duty. Expecting a resolution in the next week.

I ordered from USP Motorsports. They had the cheapest shipping (via Fedex international priority) and they did ship super fast. The Ross Tech website can also be used but their shipping cost is 4 times of what I paid. I had a long email conversation with one of the top people at Ross Tech regarding this but they said they can t help out as historically they've always used Fedex and their charges are fixed.

The same day I ordered and the cable landed with Mumbai customs in the next 3 days. But Mind you, I ordered the original cable which costs approx 15k, + 4.5k Shipping, + duty will be calculated on the CIF Price that is 15K+4.5K. Ideally the custom duty 6+ Social welfare surcharge + 28% IGST + FedEx Advancement Fees (Rs. 500) for paying duty on your behalf and later collecting from you amounts to approx Rs. 8700.

So if you order the original cable the total landed cost to you would be around Rs. 28200/-

On the contrary if you buy a duplicate cable, (which I am strictly against), it should cost anywhere between 2.5 to 3K and plus you'll mostly not have to pay custom duties as items below 5000 INR are exempt. Just make sure you dont declare it as a bonafide gift. Declare it as importing the item for personal use.

FedEx Story

So what the standard practice of Fedex is that, during the filing of Bill of entry, they declare the highest possible duty for that item instead of the one applicable as per law. This is advantageous to them as their advancement fees is a percentage (2.5%) of the total duty being paid, so higher revenues for them, plus it smooths their customs clearance process as well as speeds it up. The govt. never questions if you pay 28% duty on something that was dutiable at 10%. But if its vice versa, they'll always have a problem. So under the the Express Cargo Clearance System, wherein items imported via courier for personal use, if it carries a legit invoice, the the Basic custom duty is 10% + Surcharges. Now heres the catch, if you declare the item as it being a gift from someone and it doesnt carry an invoice, the customs will value the item as per the prevailing prices of that item that they can find online, and charge 35% duty on that.

So what Fedex does is, to avoid the process of providing this justification, they simply declare 35% duty in the bill of entry for all such items and send the invoice to most of the unsuspecting retail buyers in the country. So I received an invoice of Rs. 15500/- where it should've been Rs. 8706/-. On top of that, they provide a time period of 7 days to raise any objection to the invoice before assuming that one has no objections with the invoice and the same shall be payable by them. In my case, even though I raised the objection the very next day with proper Gazzetted notifications and amendments by the Govt. they still went ahead with the faulty duty figures and kept sending the delivery guy to my house everyday demanding the payment. I finally had to escalate issue and tell Fedex that if they cant find a solution to this matter, they can rather discard the item. I'd rather have my friend bring a new cable for 15k with him after 2 months than paying these people 15.5K.

Last edited by Racer911 : 5th September 2022 at 20:02.
Racer911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 20:42   #881
BHPian

Hello, Does anybody have a VCDS Cable for VW Vento in Hyderabad ? I Need to check if the steering angle sensor is calibrated at 0º when the Steering wheel is straight with respect to the driver.

I suspect that the steering angle could be deviated around 5º-10º to the left as the steering keeps pulling to the left and tends to center itself at that position even after a Road Force Balancing and Wheel Alignment on a Hunter Machine. I made sure, the steering wheel was locked straight with respect to the driver while sitting on the drivers seat before the toe was adjusted.

Tyres too have rolled considerably well and it's around 1200 Kms on the ODO with no real difference since my Wheel Alignment & Balancing performed at 400 Kms. I had to do it because the Wheel Alignment was way out, straight from factory and the Steering Wheel was also Way Off Centre while I was driving back after taking delivery of the vehicle.

Hence, after going through various threads and also from my knowledge , I suspect it's the Steering Angle that needs to be corrected, atleast I want to give it a try. Hence, I intend to get it checked and corrected.

No wonder VW has messed this up owing to the way they have been delivering cars of late with below par build quality and lacking proper quality checks before dispatch. Please check the following link of my experience after delivery https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...vento-tsi.html (Quality lapses & fit/finish issues in my brand new VW Vento TSI AT)
Old 5th September 2022, 20:46   #882
BHPian

Forgot to reply to your mac query. Theres no mac version for Ross Tech VCDS and neither do they've plans for the same in the future. It'll always be a windows only application as its too much of a headache for the team to port the entire system to another operating system. Secondly, most of their customer base are garage shops, who've no reason to own a mac.
Old 5th September 2022, 20:57   #883
BHPian

Post MQB platform cars, theres something Called an SFD Lock that VAG added to their cars to prevent tweaking in some areas. VCDS surprisingly isnt currently equipped to unlock the SFD while OBD ELeven is with a single button press called Unlock SFD. I am not sure whether the setting you're trying to change requires the SFD to be unlocked or not.
Old 5th September 2022, 20:58   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
No, this cannot be adjusted in cars on this platform (PQ25) made in India, as they have a different EPS module from the EU spec cars.
:( I was hoping to be able to tinker around with this. All dreams shattered. But I'll still just try and give it a go for its sake once I get my cable.

@Mods: Kindly club the posts. Keep forgetting.
Old 5th September 2022, 22:41   #885
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer911 View Post
Post MQB platform cars, theres something Called an SFD Lock that VAG added to their cars to prevent tweaking in some areas. VCDS surprisingly isnt currently equipped to unlock the SFD while OBD ELeven is with a single button press called Unlock SFD. I am not sure whether the setting you're trying to change requires the SFD to be unlocked or not.
SFD isn't needed for any car in India currently other than the Mk4 Octavia. So no, its not SFD. Its just an Aliexpress edition cable

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks