Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:46   #781

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

I am currently hunting for a VCDS cable to do some coding on a few 2021 Skoda Rapids. Can't spare enough Vitamin M for a genuine RossTech cable.

Reviews on this thread seemed to recommend eobdtool.com, but even their WhatsApp contact (+86 137 2882 3411) is not sure if they can guarantee delivery to India.

Any tips regarding from where and how to source a replica in current scenario?
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:18   #782

Update: Came across a place called Motoscan from Madurai on indiamart, they are selling the HEX-V2 VCDS cable along with software and catalogues for Rs 7000.

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-img20210222wa0009__01.jpg

I have cropped out their contact details from the WhatsApp picture they sent me (don't wanna get in trouble advertising something I know nothing about). Did not bother to ask them about how genuine the tools are, considering the official prices these things go for.
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:08   #783
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
Did not bother to ask them about how genuine the tools are, considering the official prices these things go for.
Issue is with the software which will throw up multiple warnings from most antivirus tools or firewalls running on your laptop. I dared not install when I bought a similar set from Aliexpress for the princely price of 23$.
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:33   #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Issue is with the software which will throw up multiple warnings from most antivirus tools or firewalls running on your laptop. I dared not install when I bought a similar set from Aliexpress for the princely price of 23$.
Wonderful! Did you or anyone else end up taking the plunge and try it out? In that case, I might come back with questions once I get my paws on a working replica.

Has anyone ordered from wish.com? They seem to have a cash back promise if any product doesn't reach you by a given deadline.

Got my eyes on https://www.wish.com/product/5f24f9a...hare=mobileweb

"HEX-V2 updated" sounds like their latest offering.
Old 12th March 2021, 22:49   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Wonderful! Did you or anyone else end up taking the plunge and try it out? In that case, I might come back with questions once I get my paws on a working replica.
Hi,
I do have a V20.2 cable which was purchased from aliexpress just before the embargo. Till date I am fairly successful in most of my attempts. Please DM me if you need anything specific.
vasanthjn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 13:10   #786

Quote:

Has anyone ordered from wish.com? They seem to have a cash back promise if any product doesn't reach you by a given deadline.

Got my eyes on https://www.wish.com/product/5f24f9a...hare=mobileweb

"HEX-V2 updated" sounds like their latest offering.
wish.com wasn't reliable for me, they didn't ship the product neither did they refund.
When a complaint was raised it automatically got closed saying it was resolved.
On the other hand Aliexpress was very prompt in resolving issues.
Megamind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 13:22   #787

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthjn View Post
Hi,
I do have a V20.2 cable which was purchased from aliexpress just before the embargo. Till date I am fairly successful in most of my attempts. Please DM me if you need anything specific.
Thank you so much. I am new in the forum and do not have PM privilege yet, would you PM me your contact? I wanted to enable the tear drop wiper function, 5 blinks and maybe make the MID useful above 80kmph.
Jinn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 11:43   #788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamind View Post
wish.com wasn't reliable for me, they didn't ship the product neither did they refund.
When a complaint was raised it automatically got closed saying it was resolved.
Seems like they made a joke of their "Money Back Guarantee". Thank you for sharing.

My order got cancelled after some time (I did not check the order status frequently, as their promised date was around the end of March), and they refunded my credit card payment. Did not even have to raise a concern.
Old 19th May 2021, 03:38   #789

Hello there fellow bhpians! I'm new to the VAG family. I recently picked up a 2012 Jetta 2.0 TDI AT and I was looking to do some Little tweaks on it! I've been looking for a VCDS cable but I haven't got any luck there and even OBDEleven doesn't seem worth it! Was wondering if anyone in Bangalore could help me out here!
Old 4th June 2021, 07:43   #790
BHPian

Hi. Any fellow Bhpian from NCR who has the VCDS cable? Need to tweak some features on my 2019 Ameo DSG. Due to Ali express not delivering to India, it’s a little difficult to get hold of this cable at a comfortable price for a beginner like me. Any lead is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th June 2021, 00:40   #791
BHPian

Had ordered the Hex2 cable from Wish. Received today. Installed the VCDS software via the provided CD. Will try connecting to the car in few days. Tried sharing the link for the product but it shows sold out. I had also taken a chance by ordering it from wish. Saw the maximum reviews and ordered. Interested buyers can try the same.
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-cc0fea8dd7b940bfba5a1c40ec05b8a4.jpeg
SuperSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 06:12   #792
BHPian

Update: the cable doesn’t work as expected. Gives “UNSUPPORTED VEHICLE “ error. Useless. The excitement has gone away with the sweat I wasted while trying it in such hot days. VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-683c04d19f074ad9bb8dca54ec393e29.jpeg
Old 30th June 2021, 06:57   #793
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSuri View Post
Update: the cable doesn’t work as expected. Gives “UNSUPPORTED VEHICLE “ error. Useless. The excitement has gone away with the sweat I wasted while trying it in such hot days. Attachment 2172968
At the initial screen of VCDS, open options and click on Test (with USB selected). Please share a screenshot of the same. That would check if the cable is indeed support HEX plus CAN.
Old 2nd July 2021, 05:47   #794
BHPian

This is the screen I get:
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-c752bf17fafd46428f722b19f5458896.jpeg
Old 11th August 2021, 23:45   #795
BHPian

Hello!

I am in Kolkata and recently got myself a VW Polo TSI MT.

Can a kind soul please help me with a few VCDS activations???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks