Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2019, 16:07   #706
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSuri View Post
Hello, a very informative thread. I am soon to take the delivery of VW Ameo Diesel DSG Highline Plus. I had requested the SA to get the following features activated during PDI:

1. Emergency Braking Flashing Lights.
2. Locking- Audio Feedback.
3. Auto Lock-20kmph.
4. Change Comfort Turn Signal from 3 to 5.
5. Enable Tear Drop Wiping.
6. Needle Sweep.

Out of the above, they were able to activate the 1, 2, 3 & 6. They are saying they can’t change the values for no.4 & 5 as their scanner is not reading the same. Any pointers on how to get these activated?

Thanks in advance.
That is because the workshop uses the official VW diagnostics software (ODIS), which has a limited number of options as compared to VCDS. Try your luck at an FNG that has the VCDS setup, or buy one.
Old 21st January 2020, 02:09   #707
BHPian

Hi. Anyone in the NCR region has the VCDS Cable? I would like your help to finish the pending tweeks as Vitamin M doesn't allow me to invest in the cable at the moment.

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd January 2020, 00:07   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Hi. Anyone in the NCR region has the VCDS Cable? I would like your help to finish the pending tweeks as Vitamin M doesn't allow me to invest in the cable at the moment.

Thanks in advance.
Update: The car went for it's 1st general checkup today and they changed the Lane change indicator from 3 to 5. The SA asked for the coding screenshots for the rest of the tweeks and he can try to do that.
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:58   #709
BHPian

I recently purchased a VCDS cable on AliExpress for Rs 2400. I knew it was a lottery, but decided to take my chances since the item had 200+ orders and good reviews.
  1. It works with VCDS version 19.6.1.
  2. I obtained the download link for the software from the seller, and was able to successfully install it on my laptop running Windows 10.
  3. The drivers were also installed successfully, after temporarily disabling the driver signature enforcement.
  4. I connected my laptop to my 2015 GT TSI, and all modules were read successfully.
  5. I was able to run a full auto-scan, and also make coding changes.
Very satisfied with my purchase, and happy to help forum members in the Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai region on my free weekends.

Last edited by TheLizardKing : 23rd January 2020 at 12:00.
TheLizardKing is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 08:17   #710
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Mine is with member Aviral2122 in Delhi; you can seek his assist. Else I can loan mine once it comes back to me.
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 22:11   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Mine is with member Aviral2122 in Delhi; you can seek his assist. Else I can loan mine once it comes back to me.
Thanks VKumar. I would try to get in touch with Aviral2122. Would update of the proceedings.
Old 25th January 2020, 00:17   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks VKumar. I would try to get in touch with Aviral2122. Would update of the proceedings.
Update: tried PMing @Aviral2122 however not able to see the required link/button. Maybe due to the fact that I'm quite new to the family.

@Aviral2122: Brother, please share your contact details via a PM if possible.

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th February 2020, 13:05   #713
BHPian

I've tried to enable needle swipe feature on my 2017 model (August) GT TSI using Obdeleven dongle, but it says this feature is not supported. Has anyone here successfully enabled this feature on 2017 model GT TSI? I was able to enable the tear drop wiper function and acoustic feedback while locking using the same device.
Old 29th February 2020, 10:07   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, a very informative thread. I am soon to take the delivery of VW Ameo Diesel DSG Highline Plus. I had requested the SA to get the following features activated during PDI:

1. Emergency Braking Flashing Lights.
2. Locking- Audio Feedback.
3. Auto Lock-20kmph.
4. Change Comfort Turn Signal from 3 to 5.
5. Enable Tear Drop Wiping.
6. Needle Sweep.

Out of the above, they were able to activate the 1, 2, 3 & 6. They are saying they can’t change the values for no.4 & 5 as their scanner is not reading the same. Any pointers on how to get these activated?

Thanks in advance.
It can be done easily via VCDS. Find someone with a cable or purchase one yourself. A simple job with VCDS.
Old 29th February 2020, 10:30   #715
BHPian

Anyone in Chennai who has this and can lend me? ABS sensor issue that is causing issue when driving in traffic. Dont know how many of them have gone kaput
Old 5th April 2020, 17:48   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivasain View Post

There is another setting called speed-warning. Which is give continuos beeps above 120km/h.
Referring to an old post that i stumbled upon through Google search.

Is this 120 warning the same that has now been made mandatory by the government?

How do we reach this setting?
Old 4th May 2020, 17:31   #717
BHPian

Can anyone please confirm whether the fog lamps of Polo are connected through BCM, and if yes whether the leaving/coming home feature could be activated on fog lamps? I think the cornering lamp function using fog lamp can be altered using VCDS, hence checking the possibilities of enabling others functions with fog lamps as well. I do understand that the headlamps in Polo are not connected to BCM, hence the query is specific to fog lamps.
Old 4th May 2020, 19:24   #718
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
Can anyone please confirm whether the fog lamps of Polo are connected through BCM, and if yes whether the leaving/coming home feature could be activated on fog lamps? I think the cornering lamp function using fog lamp can be altered using VCDS, hence checking the possibilities of enabling others functions with fog lamps as well. I do understand that the headlamps in Polo are not connected to BCM, hence the query is specific to fog lamps.
Yes. The fog lamps are connected to BCM. But the coming/leaving home lights are based on headlights. So I don't think it is possible to use the fog lamps for coming/leaving home lights.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 01:47   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Yes. The fog lamps are connected to BCM. But the coming/leaving home lights are based on headlights. So I don't think it is possible to use the fog lamps for coming/leaving home lights.
Thanks, Ganesh. The reason I asked this question is after seeing the following option. Guess it wouldn't work then. Also, just remembered that for cornering lamps to work, the headlight switch has to be on as well.
Attached Thumbnails
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-screenshot_20200505012946__01.jpg  

Old 5th May 2020, 06:11   #720
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
Thanks, Ganesh. The reason I asked this question is after seeing the following option. Guess it wouldn't work then. Also, just remembered that for cornering lamps to work, the headlight switch has to be on as well.
I have upgraded the BCM to high variant for my BiXenons. I unchecked this option in my car and I am able to see the fog lights work for the CH/LH function. Headlights work as CH/LH when this option is checked.

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-ch-lh-fogs.jpg

But this is possible only if you have the LH/CH functions enabled in a previous screen.

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-ch-lh-active.jpg

Check the previous configuration screen (for Byte 10) and see if you have the options to enable LH and CH functions. If available, enable it and see if CH/LH work with fogs.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks