Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2018, 22:56   #616
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Hello
I am from Mumbai. Can anyone help me scan my Passat for errors. There are multiple lights popping up on panel for errors. Guess its failure of ABS Sensors.

I would like to buy VAG COM cable as well. So if anyone has a right source to buy from please let me know. But first if someone can help me with the scanning part please.
Old 27th July 2018, 16:55   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Hello
I am from Mumbai. Can anyone help me scan my Passat for errors. There are multiple lights popping up on panel for errors. Guess its failure of ABS Sensors.

I would like to buy VAG COM cable as well. So if anyone has a right source to buy from please let me know. But first if someone can help me with the scanning part please.
Let me guess, you must be having the following errors showing on your MID - ABS, Steering, ESP, Cornering Light, etc? This is nothing but a failure of one or more wheel speed sensors (ABS sensors). If it is some other errors then please specify. I had the same multiple errors popping up on my MID which gave me a shock but it happens as they are all connected to each other. Just give your car to VW to diagnose and I am sure it will be the sensor.

Also a word of caution - If you have the auto lock feature (all doors locking after speed of 15 kmph) activated, then please deactivate it (though your MFD) till you sort out this issue as sometimes the doors can lock even when the car is stationary.

With regards to the VAG COM cable, I have been a guinea pig on two occasions where I purchased the cables from AliExpress but both times they were duds. I have now ordered one from another website and awaiting for its arrival. If this cable works, I will share the details here.

Last edited by Epic : 27th July 2018 at 17:04.
Epic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 18:49   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Let me guess, you must be having the following errors showing on your MID - ABS, Steering, ESP, Cornering Light, etc? This is nothing but a failure of one or more wheel speed sensors (ABS sensors). If it is some other errors then please specify. I had the same multiple errors popping up on my MID which gave me a shock but it happens as they are all connected to each other. Just give your car to VW to diagnose and I am sure it will be the sensor.

Also a word of caution - If you have the auto lock feature (all doors locking after speed of 15 kmph) activated, then please deactivate it (though your MFD) till you sort out this issue as sometimes the doors can lock even when the car is stationary.

With regards to the VAG COM cable, I have been a guinea pig on two occasions where I purchased the cables from AliExpress but both times they were duds. I have now ordered one from another website and awaiting for its arrival. If this cable works, I will share the details here.

Thanks Epic for a quick reply.

Yes the problems are exactly what u have mentioned. Also my rear view camera doesn't work. But this could be due to the boot lock/latch that I have removed.

I know its the ABS sensor that has failed but don't know it's which one (or more than one).

Yes I will take care and not leave the car with keys inside.

Do u think it is ok to drive car with all these problems flashing on display?

Also can you and other bhpians from Mumbai help with a scan please.

Do let me know.

Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 13:21   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know its the ABS sensor that has failed but don't know it's which one (or more than one).
Why are you waiting to get a scanner to scan it? Why don't you just give it to VW to let you know of the same? They will either ways change only the one that has failed.

Other option is to go to a trusted mechanic familiar with VAG cars and get it done. I have used Shirazi Auto in Borivali West extensively and very happy with them.

Quote:
Do u think it is ok to drive car with all these problems flashing on display?
Even though it is fine to drive the car as it is, remember that your ABS will not work in case of emergency braking. It is hence advisable to get this rectified as soon as possible.

Quote:
Also can you and other bhpians from Mumbai help with a scan please.
Don't have a working VAG COM yest so can't help as of now.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 21:56   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Why are you waiting to get a scanner to scan it? Why don't you just give it to VW to let you know of the same? They will either ways change only the one that has failed.

Other option is to go to a trusted mechanic familiar with VAG cars and get it done. I have used Shirazi Auto in Borivali West extensively and very happy with them.
Thanks EPIC,

I have no trust in VW dealer network. Will try to get in touch with Shirazi Auto. Thanks for the information.
Old 3rd August 2018, 21:07   #621
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone help me with this error code?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 08: Auto HVAC (J255) Labels: 5K0-907-044.clb
Part No SW: 3T0 907 044 BD HW: 3T0 907 044 BD
Component: Climatronic H16 0402
Revision: 00001006
Coding: 0000001002
Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00999
ASAM Dataset: EV_Climatronic A01010
ROD: EV_ClimaAutoBasis_SK35.rod
VCID: 75E1075FD434EDB6B75-8020

1 Fault Found:
9481456 - Coolant Pressure
B10AC F0 [009] - Too High
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 89
Mileage: 59367 km
Date: 2070.14.07
Time: 14:29:13

I am facing this weird AC issue on my Yeti. During hot day, during idling, AC blows hot air until I drive the car fast enough (i.e., high rpm) where it starts blowing somewhat colder air.

PS. Water pump and timing belt were changed recently (8-9 months back) at around 50K kms because of leakage.

Last edited by iTNerd : 3rd August 2018 at 21:08.
Old 3rd August 2018, 21:26   #622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Can anyone help me with this error code?

Address 08: Auto HVAC (J255) Labels: 5K0-907-044.clb
Part No SW: 3T0 907 044 BD HW: 3T0 907 044 BD
Component: Climatronic H16 0402
Revision: 00001006
Coding: 0000001002
Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00999
ASAM Dataset: EV_Climatronic A01010
ROD: EV_ClimaAutoBasis_SK35.rod
VCID: 75E1075FD434EDB6B75-8020

1 Fault Found:
9481456 - Coolant Pressure
B10AC F0 [009] - Too High
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 89
Mileage: 59367 km
Date: 2070.14.07
Time: 14:29:13

I am facing this weird AC issue on my Yeti. During hot day, during idling, AC blows hot air until I drive the car fast enough (i.e., high rpm) where it starts blowing somewhat colder air.

PS. Water pump and timing belt were changed recently (8-9 months back) at around 50K kms because of leakage.
This looks as if the Condenser fan (radiator fans , there are 2 of them) are not running at full speed and hence not able to cool the refrigerant and coolant amply. This leads to the pressure on the high side to be higher than usual.
However at cold start this problem should not be there as the refrigerant is cool at that time so AC should cool first for a few minutes at idling before it heats up and cuts off.
To start with, I recommend doing a high pressure wash of the Condenser and radiator to ensure the air is Flowing properly through. In my Yeti too I had faced a problem on insufficient cooling at around 75k kms and the radiator fans were replaced. It was outside warranty and IIRC they costed around 23k (2 years back)
But before you go in for radiator fan replacement, do get the wash done as Indian conditions are so dusty that everything chokes up .
Also another thing which can cause too high coolant pressure is a faulty radiator cap as the cap is supposed to vent excess pressure and in case the relief valve gets choked it is not able to vent the excess pressure.

Last edited by Behemoth : 3rd August 2018 at 21:39.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 21:35   #623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Sounds like the radiator fan's issue. Is it spinning when the engine is idling?

When you go at higher speeds, the radiator is cooling itself due to the convection which is when you feel colder air through the AC.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 12:57   #624
BHPian

Got my hands on a VCDS cable which finally worked with my Skoda Laura. I have been tinkering around with a few settings but I am getting stuck in changing L/100 km to Km/L. I tried changing the country to Japan and the code even gets accepted, but when I re-enter the setting its still going back to "Rest of the World".
I am sure quite of few of you have changed this setting. Please help me with the same.
Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 16:30   #625
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the tip. Checked the radiator cap, no problem there. Did a pressure wash on the radiator/fan too. No affect. One thing though, when the fan (bigger one) runs, its rpm was low and the AC technician can stop it by just his finger. The smaller fan seems fine. So will be changing the larger one (cost seems to be around 11K for the larger one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
..But before you go in for radiator fan replacement, do get the wash done as Indian conditions are so dusty that everything chokes up ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Sounds like the radiator fan's issue. Is it spinning when the engine is idling?
On idle with AC on, only the small fan spins. The larger one remains stationary. If I give a push and spin the large fan, it does spin in slower rpm and at the same time, the ECU seems to switch off the smaller fan. But in a minute or so later, the larger one becomes stationary and smaller one spins normally.
Old 4th August 2018, 17:07   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. Checked the radiator cap, no problem there. Did a pressure wash on the radiator/fan too. No affect. One thing though, when the fan (bigger one) runs, its rpm was low and the AC technician can stop it by just his finger. The smaller fan seems fine. So will be changing the larger one (cost seems to be around 11K for the larger one)

On idle with AC on, only the small fan spins. The larger one remains stationary. If I give a push and spin the large fan, it does spin in slower rpm and at the same time, the ECU seems to switch off the smaller fan. But in a minute or so later, the larger one becomes stationary and smaller one spins normally.
There's your culprit then. If the large fan is not spinning it will cause overheating of the AC. But I am surprised that it did not show up as engine overheating too as the engine temperature should also increase and cause errors. Get only original fan (if you can get only one that's fine) as aftermarket ones won't work properly.
Old 6th August 2018, 14:00   #627
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
There's your culprit then. If the large fan is not spinning it will cause overheating of the AC. But I am surprised that it did not show up as engine overheating too as the engine temperature should also increase and cause errors. Get only original fan (if you can get only one that's fine) as aftermarket ones won't work properly.
This happened to me, I did have an issue with my RS about to overheat while climbing up the Segur ghats. It was found to be one of the fans that failed. The AC was okay though
Old 12th August 2018, 11:26   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Got my hands on a VCDS cable which finally worked with my Skoda Laura. I have been tinkering around with a few settings but I am getting stuck in changing L/100 km to Km/L. I tried changing the country to Japan and the code even gets accepted, but when I re-enter the setting its still going back to "Rest of the World".
I am sure quite of few of you have changed this setting. Please help me with the same.
Hello Maverick1977

I am sorry this is not related to what you have asked for but i have a counter query. Where did you buy this cable and software from, and at what price. You can PM me the details please. As we both are in same city thought to ask you. Thanks.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th August 2018 at 11:46. Reason: u > you. No SMS lingo while posting on the forums please. Thanks!
Old 13th August 2018, 17:20   #629
Senior - BHPian

So after burning my wallet twice by purchasing a VAG COM software from AliExpress; actually the second time I got my money back, I took the plunge the third time and emerged victorious!!

So I did a bit of an online search and came across a website www.eobdtool.com which sells diagnostic software and cables for various manufacturers including VAG. Contacted them through WhatsApp; yes they can be contacted through WhatsApp and revert almost immediately, and purchased the latest 18.2 VCDS software and cable.

It took almost a month to reach me as it was held up at China customs and sent back to the seller and so he had to resend it. They have various options of sending the item through EMS, Blue Dart, DHL, etc and so I chose EMS as the others were a lot more expensive. They will give you a tracking number for the item.

Once the software is installed, the interface needs to be registered with the software. The registration file will have to be emailed/WhatsApped to them and they send the new one back with in 15 mins. Post this, I had a bit of issues as it was recognising the cable but once plugged into the car, it showed 'Interface Not Found'. Immediately informed the guys there through WhatsApp and they got me on Team Viewer and sorted it out.

The cable works perfectly and I am very happy with the purchase.
Old 14th August 2018, 18:22   #630
Senior - BHPian

So after getting my VAG COM cable and software, I decided to check it on my 2015 VW Jetta Highline DSG. I decided to activate the 'Staging / Needle Sweep / Needle Celebration' function but was left terribly disappointed. I believe that this function does not exist on the Jettas manufactured 2015 and above? Can anyone confirm this?

This is the error I got:

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-staging.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks