Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2016, 21:37   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
I just placed an order for version 16.8.3. You would be getting it first then, looking forward to the review from you.
Cool, Will do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Hello guys,

I'm using VAG-COM 16.8 cable from over a month and it's running fine. Not sure what's new in this version but it's running fine. I got it from lady seller who used to sell those on aliexpress.

PM me if you want contact details.
You would find difference only if you have used a 12.12 version before, Basically the latest the software version more options open up for coding since the cable can access the modules in a better way.
t
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 17:56   #467
BANNED

I am confused between 15.7.0, 15.7.1 or 16.8.0; which of these three you experts suggest? One of my cars is July 2015 and one is August 2015 as per their VIN.

Additionally I am still using windows 7 on my laptops, can I expect these cables to work flawlessly on them? Or I need to start sweet talking with my neighbours?
Old 29th December 2016, 14:26   #468
BHPian

What a brilliant thread. Definitely a mecca for VW/Skoda car owners. I have recently picked up the Octavia 1.8 tsi in the top end updated MY-17 spec. There are 2 queries that I have

I know for sure that the updated 2016 VW cousin, Jetta has the Fatigue Assist Feature. Wanted to know, if the same can be activated in Octavia using the VCDS.

Secondly the Octavia and the new Superb apparently also come with Lane Assist Feature which is deactivated, however there is a button the steering wheel for lane assist. Considering the cars come with front & rear sensors, was thinking, is there a possibility of activating the same too.
Old 30th December 2016, 14:14   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
I am confused between 15.7.0, 15.7.1 or 16.8.0; which of these three you experts suggest? One of my cars is July 2015 and one is August 2015 as per their VIN.
The higher the version the latest the cable is, Which means the more you can explore in the modules, Go for the latest one, I too just bought the 16.8 version.

Quote:
Additionally I am still using windows 7 on my laptops, can I expect these cables to work flawlessly on them? Or I need to start sweet talking with my neighbours?
It will work fine, Just doesn't work with MAC OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
What a brilliant thread. Definitely a mecca for VW/Skoda car owners. I have recently picked up the Octavia 1.8 tsi in the top end updated MY-17 spec. There are 2 queries that I have
Nice choice!

Quote:
I know for sure that the updated 2016 VW cousin, Jetta has the Fatigue Assist Feature. Wanted to know, if the same can be activated in Octavia using the VCDS.
Yes the updated jetta 2016 has the fatigue assist feature, We will have to check via VCD's if it can be activated, If not you'll have to swap your can gateway, It seems your from Mumbai? Drop me a PM, Maybe we can meet and get your car checked

Quote:
Secondly the Octavia and the new Superb apparently also come with Lane Assist Feature which is deactivated, however there is a button the steering wheel for lane assist. Considering the cars come with front & rear sensors, was thinking, is there a possibility of activating the same too.
AFAIK another camera in the front of the car is also needed for the lane assist to work which detects the road markings, I highly doubt it would work in india.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 15:19   #470
BHPian

I bought a 15.7 VCDS cable off of AliExpress in July and wasn't sure until now if I was doing something wrong or the cable and its software was bad. I would install the software on my laptop and the install would happen without any issues but when I would click the final software, nothing would happen. Finally when I was at Autopsyche for some other installs I asked Arush to try and use my cable with his working software and alas, both my software CD and the cable were a dud. Let me know if anyone here is able to buy a fully functioning cable and if so please share the link!
Old 30th December 2016, 16:21   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
The higher the version the latest the cable is, Which means the more you can explore in the modules, Go for the latest one, I too just bought the 16.8 version.

It will work fine, Just doesn't work with MAC OS

Nice choice!

Yes the updated jetta 2016 has the fatigue assist feature, We will have to check via VCD's if it can be activated, If not you'll have to swap your can gateway, It seems your from Mumbai? Drop me a PM, Maybe we can meet and get your car checked

AFAIK another camera in the front of the car is also needed for the lane assist to work which detects the road markings, I highly doubt it would work in india.
thank you Tanveer, have PMed you separately.
Old 31st December 2016, 00:05   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
I bought a 15.7 VCDS cable off of AliExpress in July and wasn't sure until now if I was doing something wrong or the cable and its software was bad. I would install the software on my laptop and the install would happen without any issues but when I would click the final software, nothing would happen. Finally when I was at Autopsyche for some other installs I asked Arush to try and use my cable with his working software and alas, both my software CD and the cable were a dud. Let me know if anyone here is able to buy a fully functioning cable and if so please share the link!
Installing 15.7 version was very tricky, I have helped several people during its installation, But me including several others did not face any issues after installation and the cable worked fine, On the side note the 16.8 version of mine is on its way should reach by next weekend, Will update if there is any major difference.
Old 17th January 2017, 00:32   #473
Senior - BHPian

Got the 16.8 Version of the cable, Worked fine with no issues, I could not find more content to explore or to spot something new, But this version of the cable doesn't heat-up at all ! My earlier 15.8 version used to get very very hot while using it and i could not use it for more than half hour at a stretch as i was concerned about it damaging the car in anyway, 16.8 is runs wayy normally, Anyone looking to buy one, Get the 16.8 version, Seemed more reliable.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 07:44   #474
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got the 16.8 Version of the cable, Worked fine with no issues, I could not find more content to explore or to spot something new, But this version of the cable doesn't heat-up at all ! My earlier 15.8 version used to get very very hot while using it and i could not use it for more than half hour at a stretch as i was concerned about it damaging the car in anyway, 16.8 is runs wayy normally, Anyone looking to buy one, Get the 16.8 version, Seemed more reliable.
Thanks for the feedback Tanveer. I have ordered one and it has been shipped and on the way
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:00   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like time to experiment with the Octavia has come Let's meet up mate to do some r&d with the car
Old 27th January 2017, 15:22   #476
aLY
BHPian

Can someone help me with compatibility of this 15.7.1 VCDS cable with POLO GT - 2013 Model.
I have ordered this VCDS on Jan12th but as per the seller it may not be working with my Car, and he is forced me to cancel it but I went ahead with the order.

I have received an SMS from Aliexpress with the tracking ID, but I couldn't able to track the order

If someone help me with the compatibility, I will cancel this and order another one which is tried and tested by someone else here.
Old 27th January 2017, 21:07   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLY View Post
Can someone help me with compatibility of this 15.7.1 VCDS cable with POLO GT - 2013 Model.
I have ordered this VCDS on Jan12th but as per the seller it may not be working with my Car, and he is forced me to cancel it but I went ahead with the order.

I have received an SMS from Aliexpress with the tracking ID, but I couldn't able to track the order

If someone help me with the compatibility, I will cancel this and order another one which is tried and tested by someone else here.
You won't be able to track it for the next week or so, And it will take a month for it to come, Sit back and forget that you ordered, I dont see any reason why it wont work though.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 27th January 2017 at 21:08. Reason: Typo
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 11:03   #478
aLY
BHPian

Can someone help me with the functionality of "Indicator celebration", I have tried searching for the functionality, but couldn't find it anywhere in the forum/web .

Also I have found this picture of RCD330g+ in Aliexpress,

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-siri.jpg
*PC: Yacht Science, Aliexpress.

Can we program the "MUTE" key on the steering wheel to function as "PUSH TO TALK"? So that I will be able to use Siri directly. Did anyone try doing this?
Old 28th January 2017, 13:37   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLY View Post
Can someone help me with the functionality of "Indicator celebration", I have tried searching for the functionality, but couldn't find it anywhere in the forum/web .

Also I have found this picture of RCD330g+ in Aliexpress,

Can we program the "MUTE" key on the steering wheel to function as "PUSH TO TALK"? So that I will be able to use Siri directly. Did anyone try doing this?
Hello Aly,

I have the RCD330G Plus on my Polo GT TSI, I use the steering mounted button(Voice control) to activate Siri on the iPhone and it's easy to do handsfree tasks with Siri's help. I don't think we can program the "MUTE" key to function as "PUSH TO TALK" and regarding Apple Carplay, there is no firmware update available for the "Desay" make of the 330G Plus yet.

I have the "Indicator Celebration/Needle Sweep" activated via VCDS on my car, both the Needles(RPM & Speedometer) do a clean sweep in the instrument cluster when you turn the ignition ON. It's got no functionality as such, it just looks really nice and is a fun VCDS tweak to have done.

Here's a link to what it looks like.

Hope this helps and enjoy the new HU!

Last edited by Philip.Mathew : 28th January 2017 at 13:46.
Philip.Mathew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 12:49   #480
BHPian

Got the VCDS cable (16.8.3) recently. It is working fine, did an auto scan on my Skoda Superb. The following fault code cropped up:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 08: Auto HVAC (J255) Labels: 5K0-907-044.clb
Part No SW: 3T0 907 044 BK HW: 3T0 907 044 BK
Component: Climatronic H18 0506
Revision: 00001007
Coding: 0000001002
Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00999
ASAM Dataset: EV_Climatronic A01010
ROD: EV_ClimaAutoBasis_SK35.rod
VCID: 7CF038BBF7EF86A2E0-8028

1 Fault Found:
9472533 - Temperature Sensor for Evaporator Vent
B108A 15 [008] - Open or Short to Plus
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 234
Mileage: 51081 km
Date: 2017.01.12
Time: 02:09:43

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is around the same time, the car went in for a service as well as two recalls

1) 23R6 Campaign (emissions recall)
2) 87D7 Campaign (Change of solenoid valve related to the HVAC system). Attaching a picture of the same.
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-whatsapp-image-20170129-12.37.27-pm.jpeg

The air conditioning system works fine. It would be helpful if anyone could shed some light on the above fault. I haven't cleared the fault. Can i clear it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks