Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2017, 19:43   #511
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Can anyone guide my from where i can download 16.8 VCDS Software, due to virus issues i dont trust the software that came with the cable. Ross Tech has only 17.1 version available for download.

Last edited by rauldsouza : 2nd April 2017 at 19:44. Reason: Added details
Old 3rd April 2017, 07:20   #512
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Can anyone guide my from where i can download 16.8 VCDS Software, due to virus issues i dont trust the software that came with the cable. Ross Tech has only 17.1 version available for download.
Unfortunately, the cable will work only with the software that comes packed with the cable. It will not work with any other downloaded versions.

I have used three different versions of the AliExpress version of cable & software before and never had any virus issues.

Having said that, as this is a cracked version of cable and software, there is definitely some risk. If you are very particular about virus risks, then buying the original RossTech cable is the only option.

On a side note, I recently bought the original RossTech cable, but not for virus issues. I bought it so that I can get official support from RossTech for any new controllers that are not supported by AliExpress version.
graaja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 13:36   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Unfortunately, the cable will work only with the software that comes packed with the cable. It will not work with any other downloaded versions.

I have used three different versions of the AliExpress version of cable & software before and never had any virus issues.

Having said that, as this is a cracked version of cable and software, there is definitely some risk. If you are very particular about virus risks, then buying the original RossTech cable is the only option.

On a side note, I recently bought the original RossTech cable, but not for virus issues. I bought it so that I can get official support from RossTech for any new controllers that are not supported by AliExpress version.
Awesome!! i will need your help for the memory seat conversion to Massage seat all i need is to scan my vehicle once from your authentic cable
Old 5th April 2017, 22:38   #514
BHPian

using VCDS, Can Seat belt warning beep be enabled in Vento. My wife at times drives without the seat belt and would really prefer to have this enabled.
Old 5th April 2017, 23:00   #515
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
using VCDS, Can Seat belt warning beep be enabled in Vento. My wife at times drives without the seat belt and would really prefer to have this enabled.
No you can't. Couple of reasons - the seatbelt anchor on the Polo and Vento doesn't have the required electrical connections (switch + harness) which gives the input to the ACU (airbag control unit) and, the stock ACU of the car does not accept this retrofit if done and enabled using VCDS. I did it and got an airbag error on the MFD. Reverted to the stock setup. One needs to order a new ACU with the correct PR code to get this done.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 23:03   #516
BHPian

Quote:

No, it can't be done. The reason is seatbelt doesn't have any connection with BCM. May be you can replace seatbelt buckle with Jetta or similar ones and try out.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 11:54   #517
BHPian

Any idea if Auto folding ORVMs can be retrofitted to the 2014 Jetta, now that the Octavia has it? I have been searching the web for quite some time now and didn't find anything. Its the most annoying thing having to turn the car on again to fold the mirrors once you have opened a door.

Is it related to the MQB vs older platform?
Old 9th May 2017, 13:37   #518
BHPian

The fuel indicator on my Skoda Superb is malfunctioning.

Did a VCDS scan and I've shared the results in this post

Please share your thoughts on the issue.

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th May 2017 at 14:12. Reason: Cross-linking to the other thread, rather than repeating the full content here.
Old 10th May 2017, 07:28   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
The fuel indicator on my Skoda Superb is malfunctioning.

Did a VCDS scan and I've shared the results in this post

Please share your thoughts on the issue.

Hi, from the error it could be a dislodged connection or sensor, or even a bad sensor in the in tank fuel pump which measures the fuel level.

Usually the fuel tank pump is under the rear seat covered by a plastic boot, you can take this off and check the connection, remove it and clean it with an electric contact cleaner and try again.
If it stills the same you can remove the fuel pump using a fuel pump removal tool (available online), this is a bracket like tool which undoes the cover and allows you to take it out and get it cleaned /serviced / replaced.
You can do this yourself, but if you're hesitant, please visit a garage.

Note: do also check all fuses in the box to ensure the fuel pump fuse is ok! The map is given on the fuel box cover under the steering wheel ( but since the car switches in I don't think it's a fuse issue could just be a bad sensor).

Cheers,
Aayush
aayushnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 15:34   #520
BHPian

Stumbled upon this thread yesterday and quickly covered this. I own a 2014 Rapid and I wish to activate certain features using VCDS. The procedure to activate and deactivate features is clearly explained and many thanks to that. I do have question though. Will this change affect my warranty? I know the changes can be reverted, but will the service guys be able to find out I had made a change and reverted? In that case, will they quote that as an excuse to not honor warranty? I have extended warranty till 2019 and do not want to risk it.
Old 14th May 2017, 09:50   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Stumbled upon this thread yesterday and quickly covered this. I own a 2014 Rapid and I wish to activate certain features using VCDS. The procedure to activate and deactivate features is clearly explained and many thanks to that. I do have question though. Will this change affect my warranty? I know the changes can be reverted, but will the service guys be able to find out I had made a change and reverted? In that case, will they quote that as an excuse to not honor warranty? I have extended warranty till 2019 and do not want to risk it.
It all depends on what changes you want to make. For e.g. minor changes like auto-lock, tear wiping, changing lane indicator from 3 to 5 blinks, etc will not void your warranty.

Changes to engine parameters would void your warranty
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 20:46   #522
Senior - BHPian

Any link for VAG COM cable? Most of the links say "No longer available"
Old 1st June 2017, 07:23   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
No you can't. Couple of reasons - the seatbelt anchor on the Polo and Vento doesn't have the required electrical connections (switch + harness) which gives the input to the ACU (airbag control unit) and, the stock ACU of the car does not accept this retrofit if done and enabled using VCDS. I did it and got an airbag error on the MFD. Reverted to the stock setup. One needs to order a new ACU with the correct PR code to get this done.
Can this be enabled on a Octavia? Also I'd need some help with enabling some features of the car once I take delivery today. I am based in Bangalore
Old 1st June 2017, 22:29   #524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Can this be enabled on a Octavia? Also I'd need some help with enabling some features of the car once I take delivery today. I am based in Bangalore
The Octavia must have the driver seatbelt warning enabled by default. Does it not show in your cluster?
Old 1st June 2017, 23:35   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The Octavia must have the driver seatbelt warning enabled by default. Does it not show in your cluster?
Yeah, Just checked. I'd Want to enable Needle Staging, Tear Wipe and also the Emergency Braking Lights. Can anyone help me out with these? Based in South Bangalore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks