Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2016, 16:11   #376
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Can you let us all know some more information about it? Which car did you did this on and how, Would be really helpful specially for those parents who have given their young kids a german car.
I did it on my Polo GT TSI. Using the OBDEleven Tool. http://obdeleven.blogspot.in

Go to Engine -> Adaptations -> There are two speeds limits here. Both set to 250. Change the UserLimit to whatever speed you want and apply.

If anyone else wants to check if their engine supports it, we can meet up and I can check.
sivasain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 18:40   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivasain View Post
I did it on my Polo GT TSI. Using the OBDEleven Tool. http://obdeleven.blogspot.in

Go to Engine -> Adaptations -> There are two speeds limits here. Both set to 250. Change the UserLimit to whatever speed you want and apply.

If anyone else wants to check if their engine supports it, we can meet up and I can check.

Thats great, Thanks for the information i will check it on my jetta and will post here too, Also Anyone was able check their brake light flashing on the jetta? I had to brake hard in the night few days back and i really did not think the brake lights were flashing.
Old 2nd June 2016, 20:44   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Thats great, Thanks for the information i will check it on my jetta and will post here too, Also Anyone was able check their brake light flashing on the jetta? I had to brake hard in the night few days back and i really did not think the brake lights were flashing.
I enabled that and hazard lights flashing on Polo. The hazard light flashing did work once on the highway i had have to brake from 90-10 for a speed breaker. I cannot see my own breaklights, so not sure if that works.
Old 3rd June 2016, 23:45   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivasain View Post
I enabled that and hazard lights flashing on Polo. The hazard light flashing did work once on the highway i had have to brake from 90-10 for a speed breaker. I cannot see my own breaklights, so not sure if that works.
Yes it works with Polo, A couple of my other friends too confirmed it, Its only during night time if the surrounding is not very well lit when you can see in your rear view mirror if the brake light is flashing, I had tried to check it a couple of times and had to brake hard a couple of times but never i think the brake lights flashed in my jetta.
Old 11th June 2016, 10:11   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post
ok, the car(VW POLO Diesel Comfortline) isn't delivered yet but I am biting the bullet anyway, can someone confirm if this seller is worth the risk -

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAG-C...5-b9a08489b8a4
with a wide grin from left to right, I can confirm that the cable works like a charm

Started off with lane blink changes from 3 to 5 followed by lock and unlock confirmation sound(I park my car outside so the sound doesn't feel so loud)
Next would be cluster staging followed by hazard lights and more

thanks
kk
Old 11th June 2016, 11:19   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

For those using non original software and cable, are you all switching off anti virus during installation and running??!
Old 11th June 2016, 11:41   #382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
For those using non original software and cable, are you all switching off anti virus during installation and running??!
Nope. I am not switching off antivirus. I just turn off WiFi so that there is no internet connection.
Old 11th June 2016, 22:28   #383
BHPian

Thanks to the monsoons, I got a chance to test this feature which I had activated long time back:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
-Speed dependent wiping frequency of front wipers
It works like this:
The wiping speed reduces by one level when the car slows down to less than 5kmph and returns to the originally set speed when the speed is above 5kmph. If the wiper stalk is in the uppermost position (highest speed), the wiping speed reduces to the next lower level when the car slows down to 5kmph or less and returns to the original speed when the car goes above 5kmph. Similarly, if the wiper stalk is set to the 2nd position, the wiping speed changes to intermittent mode when the car is below 5kmph and is restored to the original speed on crossing 5kmph. However, please do note that it does not turn off the wiper completely when the car comes to a halt, no matter which position the stalk is set.
It is located in Central Electronics -> Coding -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 14 -> Bit 7. Here's a screenshot posted by robimahanta from the first page of this thread for reference:
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-vcdswipers.jpg

Last edited by BigBrad : 11th June 2016 at 22:29.
BigBrad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 00:19   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I don't switch off anything, Its recommended to switch off the internet while you install the software though, Even though its just to be sure nothing goes wrong, I haven't had an issue ever with an antivirus or an active internet connection.
Old 13th June 2016, 13:51   #385
BHPian

It looks like rear comfort wiping doesn't work using a 12.12.0 cable, when I try to do it via adaptation, it never lets me save the new value, it stays grayed out.

any alternates to this ?
Old 20th June 2016, 14:09   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Reinstall it step by step, You'll get that error if you haven't installed the software properly, All the best.
Done. Somehow it wouldnt work on Win 7 even though it the seller mentions it to. Waited for a few weeks until my Laptop was upgraded to Win10 Pro. Re-installed VCDS 15.7 as instructed and voila..!!! It worked straight away on my Vento without any issues.

So yes, the clone cable worked for me. The seller was kind enough to send me a download link for the software since my laptop has a Slot-in DVD player which does not allow me to work with mini-CD's (the one that was shipped with the cable)

Thanks.
Old 26th June 2016, 00:22   #387
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps this has been asked before but I came across this post that claims that VW Polo's steering assist level can be modified using VCDS. It is a common complaint among Polo owners that the steering is overassisted.

Curious to know if anyone has tried this on their Polo.
Old 26th June 2016, 00:33   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

I want to know if there is anything similar for cars from other manufacturers ? VCDS is so helpful when one goes to remap any VAG car. It shows exact torque, EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) etc.
Old 26th June 2016, 21:17   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Perhaps this has been asked before but I came across this post that claims that VW Polo's steering assist level can be modified using VCDS. It is a common complaint among Polo owners that the steering is overassisted.

Curious to know if anyone has tried this on their Polo.
I have tried doing this. The steering module does not seem to have the same coding. I did find an option to turn off active return, but that needed the security password. Does anyone have that for the Indian polo ?
Old 28th June 2016, 19:33   #390
BHPian

Hi

I tried to enable staging through VCDS on my polo highline, 2016 model but kept getting errors. I see that lots of bhpians have got it enabled on their polo so can anyone guide me with the process and the plausible reason for the error.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks