Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2015, 23:20   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Guys!

Have anybody tried getting through Security Access code for the central electrical module?

I tried 31347 and 12151. It does not work.

Thanks in advance!
Old 22nd November 2015, 23:55   #257
BHPian

Guys!! The VCDS 15.7 version cables are readily available on Aliexpress now. Has anyone tried them? Mine are in transit.

The installation instructions are pretty different for this one (used the 12.12 before this). They need your internet and antivirus to be off. Was i better off with the 12.12.
Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 00:00   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Guys!! The VCDS 15.7 version cables are readily available on Aliexpress now. Has anyone tried them? Mine are in transit.

The installation instructions are pretty different for this one (used the 12.12 before this). They need your internet and antivirus to be off. Was i better off with the 12.12.
Try it and tell us. Internet need not be off in the 12.12 cable, though.
Worst case, it might not work. Order another!
Or use mine if you're in Mumbai!
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 00:15   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Can you post the link here? I do not see any difference in installation for the 15.7 one as well, 15.7 version should have many more codings open to fiddle with, Please do update once you get it.
Old 23rd November 2015, 00:19   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Try it and tell us. Internet need not be off in the 12.12 cable, though.
Worst case, it might not work. Order another!
Or use mine if you're in Mumbai!
Thanks. I used a 12.12 cables before this. It was kinda useless for features like TPMS etc, the coding never worked. hence the idea of 15.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Can you post the link here? I do not see any difference in installation for the 15.7 one as well, 15.7 version should have many more codings open to fiddle with, Please do update once you get it.
Here you go:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAG-C...rchweb201560_9
I got the installation instructions in a separate email from seller. He mentioned that the 12.12 cables were encoded to original software so it was pretty stable whereas for 15.7 the software was also tweaked.

Will keep you posted. I am also retrofitting cruise control next weekend

Last edited by Crazy_Bean : 23rd November 2015 at 00:22.
Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 00:21   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Here you go:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAG-C...rchweb201560_9
I got the installation instructions in a separate email from seller. He mentioned that the 12.12 cables were encoded to original software so it was pretty stable whereas for 15.7 the software was also tweaked.

Will keep you posted. I am also retrofitting cruise control next weekend
Thanks for the link, Added the item to my cart, Will message the seller as well for the instructions, Also All the best on retrofitting the cruise control
I am getting the self parking pla 2.0 and fatigue recognition retrofitted next weekend
Old 23rd November 2015, 00:23   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the link, Added the item to my cart, Will message the seller as well for the instructions, Also All the best on retrofitting the cruise control
I am getting the self parking pla 2.0 and fatigue recognition retrofitted next weekend
PLA 2.0 with 8k OPS is next on my agenda. Need to find a trusty retrofitter to do the job in Gurgaon.

All the best mate. tell me how it goes.
Old 23rd November 2015, 00:36   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PLA 2.0 with 8k OPS is next on my agenda. Need to find a trusty retrofitter to do the job in Gurgaon.

All the best mate. tell me how it goes.
Do Drop me a PM when you would be in the process for getting pla 2.0 and 8k OPS, Will share whatever little knowledge i have collected past 3 months over the internet, Retrofitting can be done almost anywhere were they are "Willing" to do it, Since mostly all of these are just plug and play and you need to know what you are doing.

Also your doing these mods on jetta? Passat?
Old 23rd November 2015, 00:43   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Do Drop me a PM when you would be in the process for getting pla 2.0 and 8k OPS, Will share whatever little knowledge i have collected past 3 months over the internet, Retrofitting can be done almost anywhere were they are "Willing" to do it, Since mostly all of these are just plug and play and you need to know what you are doing.

Also your doing these mods on jetta? Passat?
Thanks! As shocking as this may sound, My Passat does not have parking sensors. I have performed a couple of mods over the last year. Some worked, some didn't.

I feel parking sensors are essential and have been toying with the idea of OE look after market sensors, that are much easier to install and wire. Of course I would miss the RCD 510 display and possibility of installing Park Assist
Old 23rd November 2015, 00:50   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! As shocking as this may sound, My Passat does not have parking sensors. I have performed a couple of mods over the last year. Some worked, some didn't.

I feel parking sensors are essential and have been toying with the idea of OE look after market sensors, that are much easier to install and wire. Of course I would miss the RCD 510 display and possibility of installing Park Assist
There was a passat which did not come with parking sensors?
Did not know that.
Installing pla 2.0 would be a tad complicated for you then, But possible, We shall see

I recently installed a ESP (ASR) Off switch for my jetta, And infact made full use of it on a beach yesterday.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th November 2015 at 10:28. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. :)
Old 25th November 2015, 10:27   #266
Team-BHP Support

Read on one of the Russian forums that with v15.7, someone was able to get mirrors' auto folding on the Jetta and Tiguan which otherwise would require some EEPROM tinkering.

Quote:
Block> Electronics-42 driver's door -> 16 Locked input area code - 04354 - Run obtain confirmation of the adoption of the code -> 10 Adaptation to drop down a long list of VERY CAREFULLY looking place (towards the end of the list):

(9) -System_Parameter_0-System Parameter Byte8 Initially, there is 90, introducing a new character set 95 or 99.

90 = folding is off
95 = if you want to activate the folding when arming (while holding the button on the key 2 seconds) / unfolding the ignition is switched on,
99 = if you need to activate the folding / unfolding on opening the driver's door.

The whole procedure is carried out adaptation with the ignition, and the doors closed position joystick mirrors to "0" and certainly works using Vasi version 15.7 Personally tested on Jett and Tiguane.
Source
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 12:13   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Read on one of the Russian forums that with v15.7, someone was able to get mirrors' auto folding on the Jetta and Tiguan which otherwise would require some EEPROM tinkering.

Source
Wow, Have ordered the cable, Can't wait to try this out. This is one of the features i sorely miss in the Jetta and frankly speaking its a tad annoying to open and close the mirrors everytime i sit and before i get out, Would love my key fob doing that for me.

Thanks for the share.
Old 25th November 2015, 12:31   #268
BHPian

has anyone tried the engine temperature on a Rapid ?

I miss the temperature gauge a lot on my rapid.

There is a way to get the temperature using OBD and connecting to your android but nothing like having it on your dashboard.
Old 25th November 2015, 12:45   #269
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
has anyone tried the engine temperature on a Rapid ?
You mean the coolant temperature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
but nothing like having it on your dashboard.
The new clusters have the coolant temperature display on the MFD. Just the temperature readout. The temperature sensor is present on the loop but lacks the readout since the cluster has no provision.

@Tanveer: Do let us know how it goes through! So far the Russian comrades haven't disappointed.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 12:54   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Guys!

Have anybody tried getting through Security Access code for the central electrical module?

I tried 31347 and 12151. It does not work.

Thanks in advance!
31347 works on the new Octavia CECM which is based on the MQB platform. But it is not easy to get the security access to the earlier one. Russian forum guys and the maker of cable, Ross tech guys themselves couldn't help with security access code to the earlier CECM. But I think that is because it does not really give you what you want. If that access solved a lot of problems with low level adjustments in the system, it must have been cracked already and available accross the online forums. Like MQB based CECM gives you a lot of options to play with. The earlier CECM is not based on such an architecture. It gives you much lesser control of its functions as compared to the MQB based one. Even the guys sounded like, why is that security access required, like, what good could it be of. I myself would like to get access and see what's behind it but it seems like there isn't much in there like we think.

31347 (MQB based CECM securtiy access code) is available everywhere despite of it being the latest. That is simply because, it lets you do so much. I think the earlier ones don't. And may be no one really cared to share that code even if they found out because it could be useless. I guess.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks