Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2015, 18:14   #151
BHPian

re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Hi newtonMeter, as we had discussed some time back, I had recently swapped my car radio with a BOSCH RCD510.

Can you please tell how did you change the car from a hatch to sedan in VCDS. My car does not have OPS, but since the install of the Bosch unit. I have been noticing that the car image that pops up on my MFD (when we open the door) is a wagon. It used to be a sedan earlier.

I think somehow RCD 510 and my MFD are linked and fixing the car in the RCD 510 should fix the MFD display. Thanks
You will find it in the RCD 510 menu (RADIO menu) i think channel 55. ill check it today and let you know.
Old 7th January 2015, 09:13   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Do VW service centers have the capability to RESTORE the VCDS settings for all the modules with one click to Factory settings?

I think I have fiddled too much with VCDS and feel the need to just restore everything as my annual service is due soon.

I do have VCDS scans of my car (Initial) but still would prefer the factory reset. Possible?

Also I came across a weird fault code. Does any one have any background on this. Thanks.

--------------

Central Electrics:

03789 - Terminal 75 Limp Mode Active

000 - - - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 00100000

Fault Priority: 6

Fault Frequency: 2

Reset counter: 20

Mileage: 6902 km

Time Indication: 0

Date: 2030.14.31

Time: 15:19:22

Freeze Frame:

Term 15 On

Voltage: 12.55 V

ON

ON

ON

OFF

ON

-----------------------

I could not find a solution online.

Mods: Please merge with the previous post if required.

sorry to requote but had the info now
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1420602102.791268.jpgVCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1420602126.888546.jpg
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1420602141.772683.jpg
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1420602156.589308.jpg

I have a video too. let me know if you need that too
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 22:26   #153
BHPian

Hi Robimahanta or whoever can help me out,

I own a skoda laura 1.9 TDI automatic 2009 model elegance. I wanted to activate the coming home/leaving home function via VCDS. Is it possible on this variant and if so where is a reliable place i can get it done in Bangalore?
Old 8th February 2015, 11:43   #154
BHPian

What's the difference between vcds and vcds mobile?

Does the mobile version have all that is there in the regular one?

Considering to buy one as my new octavia tdi elegance is on it's way

Since I'm a mac user - the regular one won't help out much since I have no access to windows based system and running VMware fusion on mac terribly slows it down
Old 17th February 2015, 11:53   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranjoshy View Post
Hi Robimahanta or whoever can help me out,

I own a skoda laura 1.9 TDI automatic 2009 model elegance. I wanted to activate the coming home/leaving home function via VCDS. Is it possible on this variant and if so where is a reliable place i can get it done in Bangalore?
Hi Kiranjoshy

What does coming home\leaving home mean exactly. I also have a 2010 Laura and have enabled this but don't know how to check as I don't understand its meaning.

Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 13:13   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyrajat View Post
Hi Kiranjoshy

What does coming home\leaving home mean exactly. I also have a 2010 Laura and have enabled this but don't know how to check as I don't understand its meaning.

Thanks
This feature works as follows:-
When you leave the car and lock it, the lights will remain on for say 15 - 30 seconds and then go off. Similarly, when you unlock the car from a distance to get in, the lights come on for a period of time till you switch on the ignition. Best to test at night & if you have an auto feature for your headlights please keep them on Auto
rpunwani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 13:17   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyrajat View Post
Hi Kiranjoshy

Thanks
It'll only work if your car has the auto head light switch.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 18:13   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
It'll only work if your car has the auto head light switch.

Just my observation- I enabled the coming/leaving home light on my 2012 Laura without the Auto switch. It did not work automatically. To make it work just pull the headlight stalk for dipper and lock the car. The lights stay lit for 30 odd seconds, giving you enough time to navigate on foot on a dark night and you get the same advantage with a little more effort. You can also chose which should be lit with his feature - headlight low beam, high beam or fog lamps. All through the software. Again, this option only works when locking the car and not while approaching to unlock
Old 17th February 2015, 19:33   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Just my observation- I enabled the coming/leaving home light on my 2012 Laura without the Auto switch. It did not work automatically. To make it work just pull the headlight stalk for dipper and lock the car. The lights stay lit for 30 odd seconds, giving you enough time to navigate on foot on a dark night and you get the same advantage with a little more effort. You can also chose which should be lit with his feature - headlight low beam, high beam or fog lamps. All through the software. Again, this option only works when locking the car and not while approaching to unlock
I had done this too before I got the auto HL switch. Basically only coming home lights would work. For me it worked like this, after you turn off the car, remove the key and pull the dipper and leave. Lights come on and stay lit for the set time. Had selected fog lamps as Yeti's fog lamps uses H7 bulbs which are used for low beam on most dual bulb (separate bulb for high/low beam) HLs and are almost as good as low beams. But there was option to select other sources like low beams too. Another option was to set the lights to come on at the opening of driver door (after pulling the stalk as mentioned above). Had set it like that.
Old 17th February 2015, 20:08   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
I had done this too before I got the auto HL switch. Basically only coming home lights would work. For me it worked like this, after you turn off the car, remove the key and pull the dipper and leave. Lights come on and stay lit for the set time. Had selected fog lamps as Yeti's fog lamps uses H7 bulbs which are used for low beam on most dual bulb (separate bulb for high/low beam) HLs and are almost as good as low beams. But there was option to select other sources like low beams too. Another option was to set the lights to come on at the opening of driver door (after pulling the stalk as mentioned above). Had set it like that.
Did not know we could change the HL switch to Auto? If so what is the cost? and did you get it done at Skoda A.S.S?
Old 17th February 2015, 21:23   #161
BHPian

Things you can do with the VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System for VW, Skoda etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Did not know we could change the HL switch to Auto? If so what is the cost? and did you get it done at Skoda A.S.S?

Ordered switch from skodaparts UK and did a DIY install. You could get it from many vendors worldwide. Just google your car model along with the part you want and you can just choose the best of the lot available at online shops right from China all the way to Europe & US. Just try a few of these - aliexpress, ecstuning, ebay, superskoda, vagtune, skodaparts, carsequipment, kufatec - sites for the price. Depending on the store, the price will vary drastically, aliexpress being the cheapest in most cases.

But after installing, you need to do the coding for it to start functioning. Most of us VAG car enthusiasts in and outside the forum have own cable and coding software. You can check if any BHPian in your locality has it and willing to help you with the coding or purchase one if you're gonna use it enough. I doubt Skoda A.S.S. would be of any help but you could still try them too. Sometimes, there could be a technician (if you are lucky) who knows to do it and is willing to help you. No harm in trying right.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 17th February 2015 at 21:25.
Old 27th February 2015, 22:11   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Yes you can save an entire back up log of your car. Most of the stuff is on trial and error basis and one should be careful while changing critical values. If the function is not applicable then the controller wont accept the code. From what I have seen till now, its pretty safe.

I am not sure about feeding the data to an independent screen. The cable connects to an USB port and works on any windows based laptop with the software.

I am based in Bangalore and would gladly help anyone who wants to try it out.
Hi Robi, need VCDS coding for the London colour HIDs that I've picked up. Could I trouble you for this? I'm based in South bangalore and can meet you at your convenience. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 5th March 2015, 12:14   #163
Team-BHP Support

Enabling Refuel quantity to be displayed in the MFD:

Go to 09 - Central Electronics:

Name:  1.png
Views: 6159
Size:  234.9 KB

Then, Adaptation - 10:

Name:  2.png
Views: 6253
Size:  278.0 KB

In the Channel drop down list, select Volume to be replenished. The default option would be No:

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-3.jpg

In the New Value drop down list, select Yes:

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-4.jpg

Do it! and exit out of the windows.

Head to the MFD’s main menu and select Settings:

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-wp_20150305_11_36_09_pro.jpg

Select MFD Data:

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-wp_20150305_11_36_27_pro.jpg

Enable Refuel checkbox:

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-wp_20150305_11_36_56_pro.jpg

Exit out of the menu and cycle through the several functions. We get this:

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-wp_20150305_11_37_44_pro.jpg

The quantity displayed is approximate and it varies in units of 5.

The Jetta and Passat’s cluster can display this function. Not sure about the current gen. Polo/Vento. Owners may try and report.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 20:45   #164
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Sankar, please buy a VCDS cable ASAP! This will help you in tweaking and doing the diagnostics from time-to-time.
Which one do you recommend - rosstech or 3rd party? If the latter do you have the link of a reliable unit?

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2015 at 14:08. Reason: Splitting discussion into VCDS thread, as per Gannu_1's suggestion. :)
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:22   #165
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Which one do you recommend - rosstech or 3rd party? If the latter do you have the link of a reliable unit?
If you have 350 USD to spare, get the Rosstech one by all means - their support is impeccable from what I’ve heard. Through the forums and mail. Else the clone would equally work but you don’t get their support and have to rely on other means if you’re stuck somewhere.

Check Aliexpress links and the reviews specifically for those with Indian flags wherein Indian buyers have given their positive feedbacks. Those would work. Check the forum’s VCDS thread. I had posted a link there.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks