Old 4th April 2015, 00:44   #166
BHPian

re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Yup! i am there in DLF phase4.

Happy to help
Hello NewtonMeter!!

I just got a 2014 model (I know I got the last year's model but I got a hefty discount for that) VW POLO 1.5 TDi and I am wondering if you could help me with some of the VCDS mods like the needle sweep, emergency brake flashing etc. I stay in Sec.46 Gurgaon by the way.

I would appreciate if you could help me sometime. Have a nice weekend!
Old 4th April 2015, 18:11   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Enabled the HU’s CANBUS display on the MFD of the GTI's cluster. Very limited due to the Blaupunkt HU (vis-a-vis the RCD 510 + 9W7) but better than nothing regardless.

Here's how to do it first:
Hi Gannu,

So this can work only on the GTI cluster and not on the MFD provided on the facelift GT? Thanks.
Old 4th April 2015, 19:00   #168
BHPian

Hi Gannu. read a lot about your expertise w.r.t the VCDS. Need your help. I bought the VCDS from Aliexpress and it has the 12.12 software. My OCTY is the 2015 model. The VCDS says its for cars upto 2014. Will it work on this my15 edition octy?
Old 4th April 2015, 19:57   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Hi Gannu. read a lot about your expertise w.r.t the VCDS. Need your help. I bought the VCDS from Aliexpress and it has the 12.12 software. My OCTY is the 2015 model. The VCDS says its for cars upto 2014. Will it work on this my15 edition octy?
It should work, because your Octavia, though built in 2015, was released in 2013, and that model year is what the VCDS is referring to.
sleepyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 09:05   #170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino View Post
Hi Gannu,

So this can work only on the GTI cluster and not on the MFD provided on the facelift GT? Thanks.
This needs a maxidot cluster's MFD for the additional information to be displayed. Not available on the stock cluster's MFD AFAIK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
It should work. The latest VCDS software version is 14.12 but the Aliexpress cables would work with the 12.12 versions without a fuss. A friend used the cable with his new Octavia TDI Ambiente 2 weeks back. So go ahead.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th April 2015 at 09:10.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 12:21   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueknight View Post
Hello NewtonMeter!!

I just got a 2014 model (I know I got the last year's model but I got a hefty discount for that) VW POLO 1.5 TDi and I am wondering if you could help me with some of the VCDS mods like the needle sweep, emergency brake flashing etc. I stay in Sec.46 Gurgaon by the way.

I would appreciate if you could help me sometime. Have a nice weekend!
sure! some how i cannot PM you, but you can PM me your phone/Email so that we can be in touch.
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 18:59   #172
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Which one do you recommend - rosstech or 3rd party? If the latter do you have the link of a reliable unit?
Bought the rosstech cable, decided to purchase the genuine one after some deliberation. Thought of spending money on the diagnostics tool first before spending money on mods.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 20:17   #173
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Bought the rosstech cable, decided to purchase the genuine one after some deliberation. Thought of spending money on the diagnostics tool first before spending money on mods.
Wise choice I'd say Sankar. Ross Tech's support is very good and prompt. How much did you pay for the cable?
Old 6th April 2015, 11:17   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much did you pay for the cable?
Its $350 for the hexcan USB and i bought the right angle obd extention also from them as it looked like a quality item. Swift's obd port became loose after many in & outs and don't want that to happen in the polo. My order has not yet been procesed due to the holidays last week, their system is manual not automated. Hope to get their update tonight.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 14:54   #175
BHPian

HI guys!!!

I have a Octavia3 2014 and have just swapped out the fog lights with HID zenon H11 bulbs from Phillips, and I must say they are cool!. I have changed the coding via VCDS for the below:
(1)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lasttyp 12 (FOG left inner) from “10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer” to 6 – LED Lichtmodul
(1)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lasttyp 13 (FOG right inner) from “10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer” to 6 – LED Lichtmodul
(1)-Leuchte8FL LB39-Lasttyp 8 (FOG left outer) from “10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer” to 6 – LED Lichtmodul
(1)-Leuchte9FL RB2-Lasttyp 9 (FOG right outer) from “10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer” to 6 – LED Lichtmodul

So after this when i put my fog lights on..I do not get an error. But in Auto mode, when the cornering lights are activvated in a turn, the error is displayed "check left/right fog light"
I have see the post "Octavia III VCDS Adaptations - tried and tested" and people talk about a inner bulb and an outer bulb, I have just ONE bulb per fog light.

How do I remove the error when the cornering lights are used?? Please help
Old 10th April 2015, 15:10   #176
BHPian

Quote:
The latest VCDS software version is 14.12
Isn't it 14.10.2? I updated my VCDS few days back. Just checked the version and it says 14.10.2. Tried update option from within the software once again but it says there are no updates available at the moment.
Old 10th April 2015, 19:27   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaystephen11 View Post
HI guys!!!

I have a Octavia3 2014 and have just swapped out the fog lights with HID zenon H11 bulbs from Phillips, and I must say they are cool!. I have changed the coding via VCDS for the below:
(1)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lasttyp 12 (FOG left inner) from “10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer” to 6 – LED Lichtmodul
(1)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lasttyp 13 (FOG right inner) from “10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer” to 6 – LED Lichtmodul
(1)-Leuchte8FL LB39-Lasttyp 8 (FOG left outer) from “10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer” to 6 – LED Lichtmodul
(1)-Leuchte9FL RB2-Lasttyp 9 (FOG right outer) from “10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer” to 6 – LED Lichtmodul

So after this when i put my fog lights on..I do not get an error. But in Auto mode, when the cornering lights are activvated in a turn, the error is displayed "check left/right fog light"
I have see the post "Octavia III VCDS Adaptations - tried and tested" and people talk about a inner bulb and an outer bulb, I have just ONE bulb per fog light.

How do I remove the error when the cornering lights are used?? Please help
The coding is for Octavia III VRS fog lights with separate bulbs for fog and static cornering. You said your Octavia has only single bulb which means your fog lamp functions as static cornering lamps when you put the switch in Auto mode.

Since you did coding for 4 lamps, your module is throwing a lamp error as it cannot find the 2 separate cornering lamps (since you coded all 4 lamps, car will expect separate cornering lamps) for static cornering when you turn the wheels at low speed with HL switch in auto mode. When you turn on fog light, it is detecting fog lights and hence not throwing an error.

Out of the 4 lights you coded, 2 will have to be de-selected if that option is there in one of the long coding helper pages. There might be an option which says "Separate Cornering Lights Installed" which will need to be de-selected. It could even be mentioned as "Fog lights as Cornering Lights" which will need to be selected. These might not be the exact words mentioned there. When you go page by page in the CECM long coding helper, one such option will be available in somewhat these lines which will give you the option to select/de-select what you have in your car (In this case, fog lights to function as static cornering lights). You just have to find that option. With the VCDS plugged into the car, it could be pin pointed. But right now, I can only guide you this way as I cannot see what exact options are available in the long coding helper of CECM module of your car.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 20:03   #178
Senior - BHPian

Fuel to be replenished activated in my GT TDI on stock cluster. Its now showing 20 Liters.
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-20150414_184608.jpg

Needle sweep

Also made other changes which has been previously mentioned in this thread. I wish the TDI had more controllers to play with Anyone know the security access code for ABS module? I wanted to try out a few things but the 12345 code isn't working. Using 14.10.2 of VCDS with genuine ross-tech cable.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 20:27   #179
Team-BHP Support

Very nice! So refuel quantity works with the new clusters. I am a wee bit hopeful it works with the older red backlit MFD clusters as well.

Sankar could you please check if the windshield wiper fluid low warning turns on as well? I have posted the link on the DIY thread. You need to enable the option on VCDS, turn off the car, take the key out, slot in the key and turn the key to ACC on, wait for 20-30 seconds for the warning to show up. Since the circuit isn't completed, the warning should show up if the cluster supports it. Do keep us posted!
Old 14th April 2015, 22:22   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Fuel to be replenished activated in my GT TDI on stock cluster. Its now showing 20 Liters.
Sankar, Glad to know that this feature can be activated in the updated versions. Can you please share the codings to be done in the VCDS?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks