Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2015, 22:59   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
Sankar, Glad to know that this feature can be activated in the updated versions. Can you please share the codings to be done in the VCDS?
Instruments >> Adaptation >> Volume to be replenished - YES

Use the up and down buttons on the steering wheel to scroll through info display and you will now come across the result of the above.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 09:28   #182
Senior - BHPian

I had also enabled the instantaneous consumption display yesterday. I checked it this morning and yes its working as well.

Its in Instruments >> Adaptation >> Instantaneous fuel consumption*

The Swift had it by default. Though not very useful its interesting to see the instant FE readout under various driving conditions.

*Or something like this, typing off my head.
Old 15th April 2015, 10:23   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Sankar could you please check if the windshield wiper fluid low warning turns on as well?
Does the new Polo have windshield wiper fluid tank sensor? I don't think its there.
Old 15th April 2015, 10:32   #184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Does the new Polo have windshield wiper fluid tank sensor? I don't think its there.
I don't think so but it doesn't matter if there's a sensor or not, I just want to know if the cluster supports this warning.
Old 15th April 2015, 10:42   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I don't think so but it doesn't matter if there's a sensor or not, I just want to know if the cluster supports this warning.
I thought you wanted to know whether this function is available in the facelift. I'll check if the cluster supports this.
Old 20th April 2015, 18:10   #186
Senior - BHPian

Had a chance to try out the speed sensitive wiping setting which was enabled through VCDS in the rain this evening. As it was inside city limits i didn't get to check if the wiping speed increases at highway speed. But it does slow down from (speed 1 setting which was being used) to intermittent wiping when i go from moving to stopped.
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:31   #187
Team-BHP Support

Folks with the Vento TDI DSG and Rapid TDI DSG, have you tried enabling the static cornering light through the fog lights? It might just work since static cornering lights require the highline BCM (087 series) and both these cars have them. Do give it a try and report back.

Name:  CentElect_byte14.png
Views: 4730
Size:  45.3 KB

Location - Central Electronics > Coding > Long Coding Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I thought you wanted to know whether this function is available in the facelift. I'll check if the cluster supports this.
Any updates Sankar?
Old 27th April 2015, 21:58   #188
Senior - BHPian

Anyone tried activating indirect TPMS on either jetta or the passat?
After trying a lot i finally got the TPMS light on on the cluster but it remains on and fault codes appear again right after clearing them.
I really miss Tpms on my jetta.
Old 28th April 2015, 07:20   #189
BHPian

The Passat Highline has indirect TPMS, but will work only in case of a slow puncture where the diameter of the wheel that is punctured reduces and the system reads & compares the revolutions and then gives an alarm. In case of a rapid loss of air pressure, the system does not work - I had the experience where both right side tyres were damaged and air ran out very fast.

You should be able to get this on the Jetta, depending on the BCM
Old 5th May 2015, 12:59   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Anyone tried activating indirect TPMS on either jetta or the passat?

I really miss Tpms on my jetta.
I worked with a friend to install autopark in his old jetta(pre facelift) and we got it to work successfully.

tpms is also working but for that I think one needs the abs sensors of the Passat. We changed the abs sensors and got it to work after a while. Initially it didn't work and the light was on as you mentioned.
Old 26th May 2015, 08:18   #191
BHPian

Hi, i have a 2011 Laura Elegance DSG, the license plate and backup bulbs are replaced with LED ones but i guess those dont work as advertised and there is a check light error on Dashboard. VCDS cable detects the same and i am able to clear the error, however the error comes back on after taking the key out and putting it again, is this suppose to happen or i am missing something? Also under the instruments, i try to change the country from Australia currently "710800" to Japan "510800" to get km/l, however it says code accepted but when i return to check the values it still has Australia there. Whats happening?
Old 29th May 2015, 14:25   #192
BHPian

I enabled PTT yesterday but what i noticed is that if you are pressing the PTT button while radio is playing, it interrupts radio and you can give your call request but while the read back happens even before you can confirm or cancel the action, radio cuts back in thus making any further commands impossible. This is especially true if it is a long name or you have asked for a number to be dialled and not a name. Has anyone else faced this problem?
Old 29th May 2015, 17:27   #193
BHPian

Sorry for going OT

Is there something similar to a VCDS cable for Maruti vehicles?

The reason I'm asking is, I got the lane change indicator function changed from 3 blinks to 4 blinks at MSM Chennai.
Old 1st June 2015, 00:45   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
I worked with a friend to install autopark in his old jetta(pre facelift) and we got it to work successfully.

tpms is also working but for that I think one needs the abs sensors of the Passat. We changed the abs sensors and got it to work after a while. Initially it didn't work and the light was on as you mentioned.
Hello, Sorry i did not see your reply earlier, can you please let me know how were you guys able to get the TPMS working and also about the autopark.
I am really interested in getting the self parking system installed as well, can you please share some details?

thanks in advance,
Tanveer.
Old 7th July 2015, 11:21   #195

Hi Robi, I'm an avid reader of Team-BHP posts. Every outstation I read about the road condition, distance et al posted by BHPians before I embark on the trips. I am proud Vento Highline owner. While browsing the site, found your interesting post on VCDS and helping few Bangalore VW owners. After having read your post on VCDS, very interested in activating few tweaks on my car. I'm Bangalore based, can you please help me out with this. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks