Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2015, 13:15   #331
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Original ross-tech cable would be hard to find, You can always opt for a clone one available online cheaply. By the way, Which car did you install the pla 2.0?
Hi Tanveer,

I have ordered the VAG 15.7 on aliexpress. It will take a month for it to get delivered . The description for 15.7 says it will be able to code the MK60EC1 abs module. In india, i am able to find only the 14.10 version and i am not sure that it can code the abs unit.

I am fitting it to a laura 1.8 tsi.
Old 29th December 2015, 13:54   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikpra View Post
Hi Tanveer,

I have ordered the VAG 15.7 on aliexpress. It will take a month for it to get delivered . The description for 15.7 says it will be able to code the MK60EC1 abs module. In india, i am able to find only the 14.10 version and i am not sure that it can code the abs unit.

Hi Karthik,

I have a 15.7 version. But coding abs with a lower version should not be an issue AFAIK.

PM me if you need support. I stay near Fortis Hospital, on BG Road.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 29th December 2015 at 13:56.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 11:21   #333
BHPian

Check Engine light came up on the instrument cluster the other day, so in the evening, i thought of checking and clearing the fault if possible. This is what my car was diagnosed with -
Fault with MAP sensor
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-img_20151224_104336.jpgVCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-img_20151224_104425.jpg
This remains there for a day and goes away. Its been happening for some time now.
Immobilizer error
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-img_20151224_104508.jpg
Tried DTC to clear all fault codes, but this still remains. Not that there is any error when i check specifically for immobilizer, but it stops auto scan and says "excessive com errors"
Coding problem with radio
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-img_20151224_104610.jpgVCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-img_20151224_104644.jpg
When i checked further, reverse parking aid was not added, but which is there in the car. I tried adding, but the new coding was not getting accepted.

Last edited by allien936 : 30th December 2015 at 11:27.
allien936 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 12:20   #334
Senior - BHPian

Most MAP sensor errors can just go away by cleaning the sensor rather than replacing it. A nice DIY -

Also refer to ajmat's thread to clean the MAF sensor - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...-rs-120-a.html

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 30th December 2015 at 12:32.
Old 30th December 2015, 14:10   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikpra View Post
Hi Tanveer,

Hey!

I was not able to code the ABS module with the 11.11 version, But was able to code it with 12.12 version and it was all good.

All the best! I just installed it in my jetta.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 14:58   #336
Senior - BHPian

Received my VCDS Vag-Com cable today through Aliexpress (link already posted earlier). It is 15.7.0 version as promised by the seller and build quality is excellent. Has a green led light also (on the underside when connected) which lights up when properly connected. Complete tracking was provided by the seller and I could also track it by India Post Tracking. No customs was charged.

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-vcds-vagcom-15.7.0_1.jpg

Software was installed as per instructions in the cd and was activated.
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-vcds-vagcom-15.7.0_2.jpg

Initial scan was done. Please switch ignition key to on in the car before running the first test of the cable. The 1st scan threw a ABS error!! Went into the error and found that it was the TPMS error on the date that I had my punture...lolz. Cleared the error and ran a rescan. No errors.
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-vcds-vagcom-15.7.0_3.jpg

A well spent Rs. 1575/- I would say. Now the possibilities are open to experiment and any suggestions are most welcome.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 2nd January 2016 at 15:03.
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 15:04   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Received my VCDS Vag-Com cable today through Aliexpress (link already posted earlier). It is 15.7.0 version as promised by the seller and build quality is excellent. Has a green led light also (on the underside when connected) which lights up when properly connected. Complete tracking was provided by the seller and I could also track it by India Post Tracking. No customs was charged.
Hi . Could you please share with us the link to the cable.

Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 15:52   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngauravmalhotra View Post
Hi . Could you please share with us the link to the cable.
I see that the listing that I purchased from has also been removed. You can just go to Aliexpress and search for "vag com 15.7" to come up with some current products. All are retailing around 24~25$. Something like this - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAG-C...rchweb201560_2

Cheers...
Old 24th January 2016, 07:47   #339
Team-BHP Support

Hi VCDS Gurus,

Need some help.

I recently upgraded my Polo GT TSi headlights to projectors with a halo. I also have an automatic headlight control switch installed.

As there is no dedicated DRL signal on the headlight connector, the halo is connected to the parking light signal. The automatic headlight switch keeps the parking lights and headlights off during day time. As the ambient light reduces, it first turns on the parking lights, and then as it gets dark further, headlights are turned on.

I would like to keep the parking lights on always whenever the ignition switch is turned on. There are some settings in the BCM like "parking lights as DRL", but no luck in having the parking lights turn on permanently.

Has someone successfully configured the parking lights to turn on during ignition and off when ignition is turned off?

Thanks in advance for all the pointers.
Old 24th January 2016, 10:58   #340
BHPian

I am not sure if position lamps can be DRLs. There is a setting to make foglamps or the assisted driving light (low beam) as DRL , PRL respectively
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 11:32   #341
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I just joined Team-BHP and this is my first post. I am quite excited to share the new VCDS tool that I got from http://obdeleven.com/

Got the delivery couple of weeks ago and I am able to do everything that has been discussed here.

It is pretty handy as it just required the dongle and any android phone. The best part is their support. They are willing to add any custom application that we want. They do not support apps for the India Polo as of now.

Ofcourse the price is unbeatable.

Here are some screenshots from the Playstore.
Attached Thumbnails
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-obd111.png  

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-obd112.png  

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-obd113.png  

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-obd114.png  

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-obd115.png  

sivasain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 19:31   #342
BHPian

Do you get long coding help like is Ross tech

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th January 2016 at 10:29. Reason: u > you.
Old 29th January 2016, 09:30   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Do you get long coding help like is Ross tech
Good point. No they do not have long coding helper as of now. They have the adapatations helper in place for Instrument Cluster, BCM, ABS etc.

What I do is look up the forums to find the right byte and bit for each function and change the settings.

If there are settings you frequently change and want to have an app for it, you can request the OBDeleven guys and they will create an app for it.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th January 2016 at 10:29. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 25th March 2016, 22:07   #344
BHPian

Hey guys, Will this work on a 2014 Vento 1.6 MPI?
Old 26th March 2016, 02:34   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
Hey guys, Will this work on a 2014 Vento 1.6 MPI?
If your talking about the Vag com cable, It will definitely work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks