Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2017, 23:18   #571
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by acemanhiflier View Post
I am experiencing something weird. I still get all the errors whenever I switch on the car. Turning the steering side-to-side 2-3 times makes first the steering followed by ABS and ESP errors go away till whatever time the car keeps running. But they re-appear in the same order again, Steering followed by ABS and ESP, when I shutdown and restart again.
Can you dump the fault codes here? most probably you need to re-calibrate your sensors. If you can dump the fault code here i can try to find the procedure
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 00:07   #572
BHPian

It was time to take VAG Coding to the next level. Especially coding related to Lights hence my beloved 09-Cent. Elect. or simply J 519. I have a Skoda Superb Facelift (2014) with all LED lights. I was desperate to play with these hence started to do lot of research on them. The result are some of the pictures and video pasted below. I did the following changes (Note - some of them are just a trial for fun, not for on-road purposes. I am well aware of the Road safety standards which we all should adhere to)

1. Rear DRLs. This is the most simplest, to activate rear DRLs with Front DRLs. Basically this will light up the number plate lights and rear position lamps as "Rear DRLs" See pic below (Taken in night but you will get an idea what is lit up during the day)

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-reardrl.jpg

2. US Position Lamps : basically this setting enables the turn signals in a lower brightness levels in compliment to the DRLs. simulating the US lights which uses the Amber lights as marker lights

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-whatsapp-image-20171108-17.39.31.jpeg

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-whatsapp-image-20171108-17.39.54.jpeg

3. Changing Coming Home/Leaving Home Lights: by Default my low beam (Xenon) would have been activated for CL/CH functions, this i had already changed to my LED Fogs to save Battery loads and Xenons. To take this further, i tried complementing the fogs with Either the front LED DRLs or Front LED DRLs.

a. Front Fogs + Front turn signals as Coming home/Leaving home lights (Note: the front turn signals dont blink in CL/CH mode. they are static Amber)

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-whatsapp-image-20171108-23.07.12.jpeg

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-whatsapp-image-20171108-23.07.12-2.jpeg

b. Front Fogs + Front white LED DRLs ad CL/CH

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-screenshot_20171108234118.jpg

4. Use the Rear position lamps for Turn signals (also did actual amber LED delete) to give full RED turn signal config like the cadillacs

5. Use rear brake light + Rear position light to give full break light

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-breaklight.jpg

5b. Add Indicator+Break light option to the Rear cluster (all RED)

newtonMeter is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 12:04   #573
BHPian

@newtonMeter, these mods look awesome. How much time did it take for you to change the configs?
ricky_1605 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 17:50   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
@newtonMeter, these mods look awesome. How much time did it take for you to change the configs?
as long as it is PQ platform - 15 mins
Old 23rd November 2017, 17:52   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
The ABS light in my 2012 Laura TSi is lit-up and the ASS has informed me that the ABS speed sensors are the culprit. However they don't have the sensors in stock and have requested me to get the car next week.
In the mean time before I give it, I wanted to run a diagnostic and confirm which sensor isn't working as they had changed the Right Front one just 3 months back.
Would be glad if any good Samaritan in Mumbai would help me with the VCDS cable & SW to enable me to know which sensor has gone kaput.
Alternatively is there any physical store from where this cable & SW can be procured?
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Try FNG for the sensor issue. My Jetta's rear right ABS sensor died for which VW said 4000 + labor. Got a new sensor and fitting done in FNG for 850+labor.

If you want, I can connect you to a dealer who can help you procure the sensor. PM me for details if interested.
Old 23rd November 2017, 18:12   #576
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
If you want, I can connect you to a dealer who can help you procure the sensor. PM me for details if interested.
Please share it here for the benefit of others especially those who aren't members of the forum.
Old 24th November 2017, 18:38   #577
BHPian

This is my idea of Friday night party!

Activated the MKE or Driver Alert on my Superb (CANBUS part number: 7N0 907 530 AK). Though AK does not support MKE by defualt, i needed to flash the SW to the version which supports MKE.

Now according to the TPI, 7N0 907 530 AK SW Ver 1642 (My stock config) has a natural upgrade to 7N0 907 530 AN ver 1642 with MKE. Following steps were done in order

1. Flashed the Canbus with ODIS with the file 7N0907530AN_1642.sgo and ran the parameter file. and
  2. Activated Driver "Pause Recommendation" in Instruments - Adaptations

Voila - here is the result:

1. "Assistant" in the CORE menu on MFD. (Note there is another Assistant menu inside settings but that is for PDC)
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-img_20171124_155305.jpg

2. You can switch on Driver Alert on and off
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-img_20171124_155307.jpg

3. Firing a test on the VCDS CANBUS module for Driver alert signal got this on the MFD

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-img_20171124_160311.jpg

Though i have not actually tested it on Highway runs, pre configuration, i use to get "CHANNEL NOT AVAILABLE" when i use to test fire Driver Rest signal, so i am hopeful i will get this to work,

For every one's benefit - the following Canbus support MKE by just SW updates (no need to change canbus HW)

a. Stock canbus 7N0907530AF Ver 1635 to be flashed to 7N0907530AJ Ver 1635

b. Stock 7N0907530AT Ver 1663 to be flashed to 7N0907530BC Ver 1663

c. Stock 7N0907530AK Ver 1642 to be flashed to 7N0907530AN Ver 1642 (THIS IS MY FILE)

d. Stock 7N0907530AL Ver 1642 to be flashed to 7N0907530AN Ver 1642

e. Stock 7N0907530AM Ver 1642 to be flashed to 7N0907530AN Ver 1642

f. Stock 7N0907530AN Ver 1642 - supports out of the box (may need just some VCDS coding if already not activated)

Once you flash the Canbus - you need to run the parameter files.

To flash the SW and run the parameter files you NEED ODIS/VAGCAN. cannot be done by VCDS

Again - this is for information only - try at your own risk

Franky - Driver alert should be naturally inbuilt into the driver , but its always good to know if your car tells you to take a break
newtonMeter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 21:56   #578
Team-BHP Support

I have some Autoscan requests for the following cars.

a. Polo TSI DSG
b. Ameo TDI DSG
c. Vento TDI DSG
d. Vento TSI DSG

Can someone please help?

I am specifically looking for Address 03: ABS Brakes. Many thanks in advance!

EDIT: Got the responses through PMs and mails. Thanks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th December 2017 at 07:00.
Old 24th December 2017, 03:17   #579

Hey I need some advise & guidance on how to activate MFD features on my comfort line Jetta 2013. These are radio channel / music playing which currently doesn’t show. Can some one help if it will work using VCDS ?
Old 14th January 2018, 00:25   #580
BHPian

Can the fuel level warning be customized using VCDS, i'd like to bump it up higher if possible.
Old 14th January 2018, 01:25   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Can the fuel level warning be customized using VCDS, i'd like to bump it up higher if possible.
I never got to see any such option in the polo, Jetta, Passat & A6, I had spent a lot of time on these car's just to see how much more can be activated.
Old 20th January 2018, 21:08   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Got my Ross-Tech cable recently and was trying to make some changes to my Ameo. Would this help? Many of the modules here are not coded and no details are available even in the latest version of the Ross-Tech software.

Attachment 1620231

However, there seems to be some difference in the modules used in Ameo - was trying to activate the accoustic confirmation on locking but wasn't able to get it working. I saw many references to Terminal 15 when looking at the Alarm options - Does anyone know what Terminal 15 is?

Does the acoustic confirmation option work in the Ameo?
I have also tried to activate the same using vcds. The coding will get accepted by the controller but it will not result in any acoustical confirmation.

The problem is not with the bcm but it lies with the horn used. Just replace the horn on ameo with dual horns used in polo and the acoustical confirmation will work.
Old 20th January 2018, 22:30   #583
BHPian

Is there an option of activating ‘light bulb failure’ Notification in Rapid/Vento through VCDS? I find this feature really useful especially in case of brake light failures.
Old 21st January 2018, 16:02   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
Is there an option of activating 'light bulb failure' Notification in Rapid/Vento through VCDS? I find this feature really useful especially in case of brake light failures.

In the case of a brake light failure , I think the turn indicator blinks at a faster rate.
manas27587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 22:33   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
In the case of a brake light failure , I think the turn indicator blinks at a faster rate.
Generally indicators blink faster when one of them stops working however it is more convenient if a notification of any bulb/light failure is displayed on MID... is it possible to activate such feature in Rapid/Vento?
kapilsharma80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks