Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2017, 23:03   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Sweet founds!

Can you shed some lights on this? How did you manage to switch off ESC completely? I guess after coding you need to long press the ASR off button for it to disable ESC completely ?

More information on this too
Yes, the ESC is disabled completely on long press of the ASR button. The squence is

PRESS ASR -> Disables ASR (Message on MFD)-> Keep Pressing ASR --> Disable ESC (Message on MFD). Once the ESC is off, and if you start driving, the MFD flashes a ORANGE ESC OFF light on the MFD (Alternating between Orange TEXT and TIme).

Once ESC is off the sequence is - PRESS ASR Button - ESC ON. Press Again - ASR on.

To code this you need to ensure your ABS module is 1K0 907 379 BM (BM series). Though you can try on other ABS controllers too but i am not sure.

CODING : Open ABS controller on VCDS - go to CODING, Byte 19 and enable BIT bit 4,5 and 6 (keep other bits on as original)

Once you do this, the moment you turn off ESC through the long press ASR button hold procedure, the MFD will warn you automatically (no coding for this)

Anyone in this Thread owning a Passat b7 highline (the one with massager in the front seat). I would love to get a VCDS dump of the Address 36: Seat Mem. Drvr (J810) controller.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th March 2017 at 17:11. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 22:47   #497
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I'd like to know what are the part numbers of the window regulators used in the car. Thanks!
Got my Ross-Tech cable recently and was trying to make some changes to my Ameo. Would this help? Many of the modules here are not coded and no details are available even in the latest version of the Ross-Tech software.

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-bcm_modules.jpg

However, there seems to be some difference in the modules used in Ameo - was trying to activate the accoustic confirmation on locking but wasn't able to get it working. I saw many references to Terminal 15 when looking at the Alarm options - Does anyone know what Terminal 15 is?

Does the acoustic confirmation option work in the Ameo?
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 12:05   #498
Team-BHP Support

Many thanks to Vivek Kudva for sending this message sometime ago:

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-vcds.jpg

Quote:
This is with regard to your post on the VCDS thread requesting for a screenshot of the window regulator part numbers.I own a Vento TSI 2016 and have been trying to activate the auto fold feature for the ORVM using the KeyFob and I assume you need this for the same reason.

I did read on one of the UK forums that this is possible on window regulators with part # 6R0 959 802 BF/BD),but I could not find any details for the India specific Polo/Ventos(6R0 959 802 EF/6R0 959 801 ED) .

I am attaching a screenshot from VCDS with the part numbers,I hope this is of some help .

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Does the acoustic confirmation option work in the Ameo?
Don't see a reason why it shouldn't. I think this has to be enabled through Adaptations not Long Coding. Did you try it out both ways?
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 21:01   #499
BHPian

Okay for those having questions about Panic breaking feature that can be activated via VCDS, yes it is possible to activate it in Polo 6R. I did it in my Polo 1.5 TDI 2015 Highline variant using VCDS version 15.15 and just tested it today and made the following video.

Please note that it only works when the brakes are applied hard at or above 100 kmph speed. When the car comes at halt, the hazards also automatically starts to blink and then turns off automatically again once you start.

Last edited by navdeep.rana : 23rd March 2017 at 21:15.
navdeep.rana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 21:27   #500
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep.rana View Post
Please note that it only works when the brakes are applied hard at or above 100 kmph speed. When the car comes at halt, the hazards also automatically starts to blink and then turns off automatically again once you start.
It will do at 80 too. I activated it in my Highline and while testing, it went like:
60 - 0: Nothing happened
80 - 0: Nothing again, as I started moving as soon as the car stopped.

Actually, in third attempt only I realized that, it starts blinking around 0.5 seconds after the car comes to complete halt.
Old 23rd March 2017, 21:32   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
It will do at 80 too.
Hmm, interesting! It doesn't works at 80 kmph for me. Earlier I thought I was not able to activate it properly, when I did a little R&D on my end, I found out that it works for speeds only above 100 kmph. Would be interesting to find out if we can change this speed setting also through VCDS.
Old 24th March 2017, 02:02   #502
BHPian

Anybody here tried the option of enabling Passenger side rear view mirror dip while reversing? Will it work in Polo 6R? Heard many people have enabled this in Golf. Not sure if it will work in Polo 6R here in India.
Old 24th March 2017, 13:59   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody here tried the option of enabling Passenger side rear view mirror dip while reversing? Will it work in Polo 6R? Heard many people have enabled this in Golf. Not sure if it will work in Polo 6R here in India.
This needs the Door electronics module which is not present in the Polo 6R. So this is not possible.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 15:09   #504
BHPian

Quote:
This needs the Door electronics module which is not present in the Polo 6R. So this is not possible.
Yes it doesn't works just checked. The whole module for controlling door related functions is absent in 6R. Even the Parking assist module is also removed in this variant which used to come in earlier Polos. Here are all the things that works in Polo 6R non GT model:
  1. Enabling/ Disabling Acknowledgment horn on locking/ unlocking car
  2. Enabling/ Disabling visual confirmation when locking/ unlocking car
  3. Changing number of lane change clicks
  4. Enabling break light flashing on panic breaking
  5. Enabling volume of fuel to be replenished for a full tank
  6. Enabling Instant Fuel Efficiency display on MID
  7. Enabling Needle Sweep (Indicator Celebration)
  8. Controlling basic central locking related features.
  9. Controlling interior cabin light on taking the key out
  10. Enabling/ Disabling auto door locks when speed touches 15 kmph.
  11. Enabling/ Disabling unlocking of only driver side door when unlocked from remote

I am planning out to add few more modules like Automatic Headlamps, Door Control Module for Rear view mirror dip on reversing and automatically folding rear view mirrors on locking car etc. Will post here once done.
Old 27th March 2017, 16:11   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Don't see a reason why it shouldn't. I think this has to be enabled through Adaptations not Long Coding. Did you try it out both ways?
Tried it both ways over the weekend without success. I tried to get details about the IM series BCM without success. This is working on a friends 2017 GT TSI, so planning now to check the differences in the settings between the GT TSI and Ameo.
Old 30th March 2017, 14:46   #506
BHPian

Quote:
it needs Memory seats to work (Module 36) at the minimum The Mirror DIP position is stored in the memory seat module.
Old 30th March 2017, 14:49   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it doesn't works just checked. The whole module for controlling door related functions is absent in 6R. Even the Parking assist module is also removed in this variant which used to come in earlier Polos. Here are all the things that works in Polo 6R non GT model:
  1. Enabling/ Disabling Acknowledgment horn on locking/ unlocking car
  2. Enabling/ Disabling visual confirmation when locking/ unlocking car
  3. Changing number of lane change clicks
  4. Enabling break light flashing on panic breaking
  5. Enabling volume of fuel to be replenished for a full tank
  6. Enabling Instant Fuel Efficiency display on MID
  7. Enabling Needle Sweep (Indicator Celebration)
  8. Controlling basic central locking related features.
  9. Controlling interior cabin light on taking the key out
  10. Enabling/ Disabling auto door locks when speed touches 15 kmph.
  11. Enabling/ Disabling unlocking of only driver side door when unlocked from remote

I am planning out to add few more modules like Automatic Headlamps, Door Control Module for Rear view mirror dip on reversing and automatically folding rear view mirrors on locking car etc. Will post here once done.
Did you try Rear wiper with Reverse gear? this will work obviously when the front wipers are wiping (Rain situation)

You can also activate Tear drop wiping for front and rear wiper and speed dependent wiping for Front Wiper.

On different topic -

any one in the forum has a skoda superb ? i am not able to COMFORT open the sunroof via keys. I am able to close the same. I have activated the settings in the VCDS for both opening and closing.

in some forums it says, the comfort opening of sunroof was disabled due to some "SAFETY" Issue. Can some one confirm?

i have a superb 2 2014 Facelift.

Last edited by newtonMeter : 30th March 2017 at 14:53.
Old 30th March 2017, 15:34   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Did you try Rear wiper with Reverse gear? this will work obviously when the front wipers are wiping (Rain situation)

You can also activate Tear drop wiping for front and rear wiper and speed dependent wiping for Front Wiper.

On different topic -

any one in the forum has a skoda superb ? i am not able to COMFORT open the sunroof via keys. I am able to close the same. I have activated the settings in the VCDS for both opening and closing.

in some forums it says, the comfort opening of sunroof was disabled due to some "SAFETY" Issue. Can some one confirm?

i have a superb 2 2014 Facelift.
Yes these should work but I didn't wanted them so never tested.
Old 1st April 2017, 23:19   #509
BHPian

Would this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAGC...e-d4e46c592b38 cable be appropriate for scanning and coding? I have a 2015 Jetta CL 2.0 TDI.
Old 1st April 2017, 23:27   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Would this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAGC...e-d4e46c592b38 cable be appropriate for scanning and coding? I have a 2015 Jetta CL 2.0 TDI.
It should work. I have a similar cable only mine is tuned for VCDS 15.1. This one comes with latest VCDS version. Go for it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks