Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2017, 12:19   #541
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Hi,

I am shortly taking delivery of our GT TSI. Do you mean we can enable mirror autofolding when car is locked after some tweak with vcds?

TIA!
Cheers.
My post was regarding the accoustic confirmation of locking/unlocking.

Autofold is not possible as we do not have the door electronics module in Indian Polo
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 15:58   #542
BHPian

Hello, I have recently purchased a 2017 Vento Highline Plus TDI M/T and after continuous pestering the SA hooked me up with a service technician who is willing to make some tweaks using the VCDS cable. I need the codes to make the required changes. Have already gone through the entire thread. I want to make the following tweaks:
1. Autofold mirrors upon locking/unlocking.
2. Acoustic confirmation on locking/unlocking.
3. Needle sweep on ignition.
4. Tear wipe activation.
5. Emergency light flashing on hard breaking.
6. Comfort indicator change from 3 blips to 5.
Would appreciate any sort of help.
Old 11th October 2017, 18:39   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Any idea if Auto folding ORVMs can be retrofitted to the 2014 Jetta, now that the Octavia has it? I have been searching the web for quite some time now and didn't find anything. Its the most annoying thing having to turn the car on again to fold the mirrors once you have opened a door.

Is it related to the MQB vs older platform?
Quoting myself to bump my query. Has anyone tried it?

Also can any kind soul help me with some VCDS tweeks? I am based out of Koramangala.

You get a new friend with a treat bundled in the package

Last edited by vinayrathore : 11th October 2017 at 18:49.
Old 11th October 2017, 18:45   #544
BHPian

Hi, I believe that is not possible as there is some other part that is also needed. I remember trying to get this done, but it was not possible.
Old 13th October 2017, 17:56   #545
BHPian

I received cable from aliexpress when I connected to my gt tsi and selected control module—> instruments, it says "unsupported vehicle". Does that mean the cable i received is a fake one?
Old 14th October 2017, 09:22   #546
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I received cable from aliexpress when I connected to my gt tsi and selected control module—> instruments, it says "unsupported vehicle". Does that mean the cable i received is a fake one?
Any cable you buy from AliExpress is a fake cable, with a cracked software. It is a matter of luck if all the controller modules in your car are identified by the cable.

However, when a controller is not identified, the software usually throws an error something like "Can't find label file" or something similar. Can you post a screen shot of the error that you see?

Are you able to open "Central Electronics" module?
Old 14th October 2017, 12:09   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveforjeeps93 View Post
Hello, I have recently purchased a 2017 Vento Highline Plus TDI M/T and after continuous pestering the SA hooked me up with a service technician who is willing to make some tweaks using the VCDS cable. I need the codes to make the required changes. Have already gone through the entire thread. I want to make the following tweaks:
4. Tear wipe activation.
Hi everyone would appreciate some help here as i am sending the car to workshop for Alloy Painting and some repair work soon.
Old 14th October 2017, 16:38   #548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
4. Tear wipe activation.
I do not have any screen shots or step by step procedure.

#2, #4 and #5 can be enabled using the long coding helper. You need to open "09 Central Electronics", and go to long coding helper. In this window, you will see many numerical values in consecutive boxes. When you select each of these numbers, you can see various options with check boxes. You need to enable the check box and then exit the long coding helper, and then apply the code to save.

For #3 and #6 you need to go to adaptation menu in "09 Central Electronics". In this window, you will see a drop down list, which should have these two. Select the feature you want to change using the drop down list and set the new desired value. For example, for the lane change indicator, the default value will be 3. Set the new value to 5 and save it.

#1 is not possible with the Jetta.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 17:04   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I do not have any screen shots or step by step procedure.
Thank you Sir! I had seen a new 2017 Vento with auto fold mirrors on locking/unlocking at a dealer's place. The car was not yet registered and belonged to a customer.
Only if a Vento owner could shed some light?
Old 14th October 2017, 19:11   #550
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you Sir! I had seen a new 2017 Vento with auto fold mirrors on locking/unlocking at a dealer's place. The car was not yet registered and belonged to a customer.
To my knowledge the older version Ventos and Polos and Jettas do not have the necessary controller modules to do this. Maybe they have upgraded the controller in the latest Ventos.
Old 14th October 2017, 20:19   #551
BHPian

Quote:

My 2017 Vento TSI car folds and auto folds. But I need to do it via that knob inside. Didn't know it can be done via lock / unlock. Needle sweep was factory enabled. Am also on the lookout for original VCDS cable. Where does one get it?
Old 15th October 2017, 06:18   #552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Am also on the lookout for original VCDS cable. Where does one get it?
Ross Tech manufactures the original VCDS cable and software. Check out the below link.

https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/vchv2_ent/

For basic settings like tear drop wipe, number of flashes for lane changes etc., this could be quite expensive. The $199 cable has a limit of 3 VIN numbers. A good idea would be to find two more VAG car users and share the cost.

Last edited by graaja : 15th October 2017 at 06:20.
Old 15th October 2017, 20:25   #553
BHPian

I recently bought a VCDS cable from AliExpress. Unfortunately the item is no longer listed!!

Anyways, I had searched for "VCDS 17.8" and bought from the seller "Sweety Liu" from the results. It reached me in a week's time. I got it for $21, with no customs levied on it. But now it seems the prices have gone up to $120-$220 range!!

My adapter seems to be the original Ross-Tech HEX-V2, i.e. very high quality. Even the associated USB able is of very good. The LED lights on the side and USB cable lock ooze of quality. The VCDS software ver 17.8 which came in the accompanying CD installed like a breeze without any anti-virus warnings and is working well on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I GUESS I WAS LUCKY
Attached Thumbnails
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-20171015_0825461.jpg  

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-20171015_0826081.jpg  

Old 16th October 2017, 10:56   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Which cable did you buy exactly? And what software version it came with?

Over the weekend, I met up with Bhpian - Netonmeter for some vcds tweaks in my GT TSI, but got same error - Unsupported vehicle.

I guess the latest polo needs the latest software?
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 12:12   #555
BHPian

Yes when i connected my gt tsi it said update to latest software and then unsupported vehicle error. Software version is 17.1.3 and the aliexpress link does not work now, seems listing is removed. Which version is yours?
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks