Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 09:41   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
After a recent service, I was very pleasantly surprised. I perceived at least 10-15% increase in power / response and even slightly faster shifting on my AT. I asked the SA what was responsible and whether they had done any software upgrade. He said they had 'cleaned' the ecu. This apparently removed any 'corruption' and reset all sensors. So I said: you can't 'clean' an ecu, you have to re-program it or upgrade the software. He said there is no upgrade, but it was 'cleaned' / reset. So I asked him why not do this every service? He said that it is done only as per schedule.

I do suspect another software upgrade.
Sandeep, please check if in D mode if you can perform a downshift via the left paddle. If this happen then possibly the service centre has upgraded the software as I believe in (your) the pre-facelift model this was not possible.
I TD the face lifted Civic and it performs the downshift in D mode as well.
Cheers.
Old 11th January 2010, 18:56   #422
BHPian

55k Service Completed

Today I completed 55K Service (AT).
Amount was Rs.827/-

The FE for the 300 km drive is an astounding 15.6 kmpl. (speeds within 75 to 85 kmph, solo, no luggage, mostly on highways but through some very bad roads and inside messy Madurai-city!).

My FE for the past 12,000 kms is 13.6 kmpl.
Old 12th January 2010, 13:09   #423
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
My FE for the past 12,000 kms is 13.6 kmpl.
Impressive. My CVT is 13.3kpl overall with AC on through out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Amount was Rs.827/-
Details, please.
Old 12th January 2010, 13:48   #424
BHPian

55k Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Details, please.
Well, There were no complaints or extra jobs.
Just the bare minimum Honda-standard 55K Service/Check-up.
The listed price is Rs.750/- for the labour, with taxes this came to Rs.827/-

My overall mileage over 55,060 kms is 11.6 kmpl.
I had to learn to drive the AT in the first year before I could manage good FE now in the third year.
Old 13th January 2010, 21:25   #425
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Any idea if there's a 6-cd changer in the civic or just a single cd receiver ? I try to load in the 2nd cd after putting in the 1st but it doesn't happen. Now, I do see a Disc+ and Disc- sign on there. I'm very confused, help !
Old 13th January 2010, 21:56   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Guys,

Any idea if there's a 6-cd changer in the civic or just a single cd receiver ? I try to load in the 2nd cd after putting in the 1st but it doesn't happen. Now, I do see a Disc+ and Disc- sign on there. I'm very confused, help !
The civic S, and Civic V version have 6 CD changer. The executive version did not.

Press the load button on the left of the CD slot and put the CD. once the cd is fully in press load button again and load the next one.

Similarly for ejecting press the eject button, and take out the cd. press eject again for the next cd. this button is on the right of the cd slot.

Disc + and - is for changing the disc for play back.

Read your manual. It clearly has a lot of pages of info for the audio system
Old 13th January 2010, 23:08   #427
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Read your manual. It clearly has a lot of pages of info for the audio system
Thanks for your quick reply, laluks. I read my manual but it has atleast 4 different types of audio systems in it. The load button that you talk about, I was unable to find it. I went through the manual BEFORE posting here and it said the same as you do but my S-MT appears to have a "DISP" (display) instead of a "load" button. Seems like they removed the 6cd-changer unless I'm really blind. I shall however have a look at it once again.
Old 13th January 2010, 23:15   #428
Senior - BHPian

As per the Honda website, both V and S variants have "Integrated Audio AM/FM 1CD MP3+USB+Aux-in".

@RJK: Which year of manufacture is your car ?
Old 13th January 2010, 23:24   #429
RJK
Senior - BHPian

hmm..thought as much. Dumbasses got rid of the 6cd changer; I (well, my father) own a 2009 October Civic S-MT.

Thanks, rr_zen for your reply.
Old 13th January 2010, 23:35   #430
BHPian

@RJK, since 08-Sept-2009 (face-lift) all Civic's come with single CD + USB audio system. Disc +/- buttons are for the optional CD changer.
Old 14th January 2010, 10:44   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Sandeep, please check if in D mode if you can perform a downshift via the left paddle. If this happen then possibly the service centre has upgraded the software as I believe in (your) the pre-facelift model this was not possible.
I TD the face lifted Civic and it performs the downshift in D mode as well.
Cheers.
Nope, no downshift (or upshift) in D mode. I really doubt they would give the older civics the software with the updated features. The whole control is done via the VIN. So while the other common parameters may have been updated, some feature aspects like paddle shifts in D mode, auto-lock, etc. would not be. Of course, if they wanted to (like Apple), they could, but unfortunately.

I am quite happy with the engine braking in D mode anyway, even downhill on ghats, I never really have to use the brakes much. It is a great auto, though slightly slushy. After all the point of an auto is no manual intervention and being lazy, right? I initially thought the paddle shifts would be great to use but guess what - I have almost never used them, the D mode in this auto is great, you simply have to provide that extra second for it to do its thing.
Old 14th January 2010, 13:22   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

Disc + and - is for changing the disc for play back.
Yes, that is what I think it should be. BUT, after getting my car back after the 40K service, it has started behaving differently. Now to select a CD, I have to press on the respective button with the number (1-6, same as radio preset).

I had the car for only a few days before service (as i bought it used on dec 1st week), but i am pretty sure that CD change used to work as + and -, before the service.

Anybody else serviced their car recently?
Old 14th January 2010, 13:26   #433
Senior - BHPian

The buttons 1-6 have to be used to select the CD, NOT the + / -. It has always been that way for me. I think the +/- is for adjusting the clock.
Old 14th January 2010, 13:32   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
The buttons 1-6 have to be used to select the CD, NOT the + / -. It has always been that way for me. I think the +/- is for adjusting the clock.
I think, the buttons are labeled DISC+ / DISC- and not +/-. Doesn't that sound like it is for changing the discs? Can any 2006 civic owners conform?
Old 16th January 2010, 14:43   #435
Senior - BHPian

Last week I thought of changing my driving style a bit, I thought of not going above 3k RPM and check the fuel efficiency. So most of the time it was 2000-2500 RPM.

I am not a slow driver and even during my almost daily Delhi-Gurgaon drive, I touch 110-120 very easily even at 2000-2500 RPM. Once or twice, I did revved upto 4-5k RPM. Did not compromised on my overtaking urge.

To my surprise, I got an average of 12.71 in my Civic-AT.

The testing method is tankful to tankful. The average cost per km is Rs.3.52. This has happened 1st time in the last 3.5 years of ownership.

My observation is, that Honda's engine is so silky smooth that when we press the paddle it normally goes to 4-5k, we don't even realize that this much acceleration is not required for normal driving. This I learned from driving Swift Diesel when engine tells you that your RPM is high if you go anything 3k RPM by the little noise it makes. That made me think to try not to go above 3k on Civic also.

Hope it will help others also who (including me) think that Civic-AT average is 8-8.5 kpl.

About my car, it is 2006-1.8S-AT driven 32800 kms as of now on orginal BS Tyres with 32PSi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks