Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:42   #586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Guys, can someone please reply to my query.
Thanks.
Bro go for a P4 HID kit it is available in mumbai, and go for 4300 kelvin and not anything above cos those are just blue/white lights which give you a feel good factor and you only iriitate incoming cars. If you are not a frequent goer to the highway then 6k,7k,8k anything will do, but the problem is that you are literally blind when a high beam is on you, the problem with civic is that it has low seating so a santro light is also on your face, this is the time you will realise that 6k and above doesnot work and help you seeing your own road. You are literally blind

I would go for 4300k P4 (around 11k with one year warranty and replacement, infact they come home and install it in Mumbai), infact I have it on my civic... either you do all three or if you dont want to spend so much do the fog and low beam, cos it is good to have yellow in one of the lights for better visibility and if there is immense fog, though 4300 is more on the yellowish side just like the audi.skoda etc.

Happy shopping

Last edited by The Saint : 2nd March 2010 at 19:45.
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:09   #587
BHPian

Well, I have only interacted with Dakhsin Honda on Hosur Road, Bangalore, and I always had a satisfying experience. Some comments inline:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I don't think it's just the dealers, some changes are required to the thought process at HMIL itself.

What are the key pain areas that we have? May be useful to list them out and consolidate. Some of them that I can think of are,

1. No customer connect. Dealers seems to work in an "offline" mode - The corp sales guy was very helpful, brought the car to my office. Dis regular follow up. Finally, I didn't buy the City as I got a good offer in a used Civic.
2. Showroom appearance pretty ordinary in comparison to Hyundai or others - Dakshin Honda showrom looks better and is much more organized than the Trident Hyundai showroom on the same road.
3. Very poor collection of accessories, most of them old models
4. Poor hospitality, even if customer makes a booking - Just the opposite for me. Good hospitality even after I told him that I am not buying the car.
5. Salesmen look disinterested, by default assumes that visitors are window shopping - Again, just the opposite for me.
6. "Take it or leave it" attitude in the showroom. No followup for TDs or visits - Again, just the opposite for me.
8. Sales staff needs better understanding of products and competition - Yeh, the guy who came with me for TD, could not explain clearly how the sport mode works.
9. Showrooms are the windows for Honda to its prospective and existing customers. Honda should be more transparent in explaining new features and Honda should listen to customer complaints through them
10. Honda should shed the attitude that their products are supreme and can never have mfg faults. They should accept their mistakes and ready to make necessary adjustments

Any more?
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:10   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Well, I have only interacted with Dakhsin Honda on Hosur Road, Bangalore, and I always had a satisfying experience. Some comments inline:
I also bought my car from them. My initial visits had the experience which I mentioned though things improved once I made a decision. I think it also depends upon the specific person whom you are talking to. But he never made follow up calls for any of my showroom visits or TD. Even after booking the car, I had to call him to know the status and other details.

Last edited by vasoo : 3rd March 2010 at 14:11.
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:20   #589
Senior - BHPian

Maybe this should be in the dealership review section - but since it's been brought up here ...

I had been to the only Honda showroom in Kolkata recently. Had an afternoon to kill, so what else does a BHPian do ?!
Anyway, my experience with what seemed to be a junior salesperson was:
1. Very courteous
2. Ready to make all sorts of arrangements to respond to queries about the cars, finances, brochures, deals et al
3. Offered refreshments
4. Offered TD
5. Knowledge about the products was bookish.

All this on a Saturday afternoon when they were in the process of delivering at least 7-8 new cars. All City's

6. The following week I was called up by their customer care personnel. She took detailed feedback of my experience during the visit.
7. Salesperson called up on the promised date to ask for a TD appointment and has since followed up with 2 more calls (I've not had the time to take a TD yet)

So - wonderful experience. Even more so, considering Pinnacle Honda has no competing dealers now.

Last edited by shuvc : 3rd March 2010 at 14:21.
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:56   #590
BHPian

Hi
I have completed 26K in my civic in 2 years.
I think the car is holding well and almost everything is fine except the tyre is wearing out faster than expected.
In initial 10K I think I had an alignment problem so front tyres wore out a little faster on one side.
Then I rotated tyres (4 only) and later at 22K I used my 5th tyre (late but still ok)
Now currently one of the tyre in back is almost bald.
I was just wondering if anything is wrong with my civic or it is normal with others.
The tyre make is Bridgestpone (Stock)
What is the normal life of tyres in civic if all5 tyres are used properly.
Mine is 60% highway drive and only 40% in city.
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:47   #591
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I am extremely sorry to add to the OFF TOPIC discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Any more?
My experience with the dealers (two in number) have been largely satisfactory. But I have a problem with the company.

I contacted the company through email (immediately after a service) about the breakups of their service charges for a particular service.

I did get a call apparently from Honda office (the person did not give any contact info) about the complaint and I repeated the query to him - what all is done in the fixed paid service charges? He said he would get back.

Two days later, I get a call from the service advisor who attended to my car for the last service asking me why I raised a complaint to the company. I explained to him what I had asked for. Finally I had to email the dealer that I had no issues / complaints against the service advisor. Not only did I never got an answer to that query, I never got to see that service advisor later as he apparently quit.

What is the point when a company reroutes all queries through the dealer? It completely defeats the purpose of raising the question to the company!

Last edited by trrk : 3rd March 2010 at 15:49.
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:50   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
What is the point when a company reroutes all queries through the dealer? It completely defeats the purpose of raising the question to the company!
I completely agree here. This is what happened when I raised a concern regarding a noise from the engine bay - Dakshin Honda Service advisor said it is ok, you live with it. I raised the concern with Honda, and I get call from the same service advisor that he'll fix it for me. I asked him why he is interested now, and he says Honda told him to look at it.

I was not ok with him looking into the matter, since if he was good, he'd have given me a solution when I asked for it. I insisted for involvement with Honda tech guys. Only after I insisted many times they sent a guy from Honda to check the issue. Issue apparently was old belt used, which they changed under warranty.
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:58   #593
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I had 2 yrs + 1 yr extended warranty on my Civic AT. Now its all done. I wanted to get a new warranty and Whitefield Honda says its not possible. I should have taken 2 yrs extended warranty when I bought the car. The point is they never offered me one when I bought the car!! Anyone heard anything different?
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:05   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
What is the normal life of tyres in civic if all5 tyres are used properly.Mine is 60% highway drive and only 40% in city.
My tyres also wear out fast:
My OEM NCT5 lasted only 30K kms.
Michelin MXV8 lasted only 25K kms.
Now I am in my third set with Michelin LC.

I drive 95% on the highway with a lot of hill driving, so that could be the reason.
Also I do not wait till they go bald but change after the minimum depth is reached.
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:14   #595
Senior - BHPian

My OEM NCT5 is still going strong at 44K.
Mine is 50% city 50% highways
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:28   #596
BHPian

Photos

Here are some photos:

Stranded on the Tirunelveli - Kanyakumari 4-lane in the only shade in a long distance with temperatures of 36 Deg C at 11 am.

My Battery getting replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-1.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-2.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-3.jpg  

Old 4th March 2010, 16:17   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Bro go for a P4 HID kit it is available in mumbai, and go for 4300 kelvin and not anything above cos those are just blue/white lights which give you a feel good factor and you only iriitate incoming cars. If you are not a frequent goer to the highway then 6k,7k,8k anything will do, but the problem is that you are literally blind when a high beam is on you, the problem with civic is that it has low seating so a santro light is also on your face, this is the time you will realise that 6k and above doesnot work and help you seeing your own road. You are literally blind

I would go for 4300k P4 (around 11k with one year warranty and replacement, infact they come home and install it in Mumbai), infact I have it on my civic... either you do all three or if you dont want to spend so much do the fog and low beam, cos it is good to have yellow in one of the lights for better visibility and if there is immense fog, though 4300 is more on the yellowish side just like the audi.skoda etc.

Happy shopping
Thanks for the revert Saint - sorry for the late reply, could not log on for a couple of days.
Could you post or pm me the name and contact number for the guy who does the install in Mumbai at home and may I use your reference?
Regards
Old 11th March 2010, 19:25   #598
BHPian

Does everybody here follow the 3 month service routine religiously? My next service is due on March 16th, eventhough I have just clocked around 2000 kms during the last three months. Should I do it now, or wait for 5000kms?
Old 11th March 2010, 19:45   #599
BHPian

As the user manual says, it either 5000km or 3 months, whichever comes first. It is best to stick to that rule. The routine checkups are quite reasonable in my experience.
Old 11th March 2010, 21:03   #600
BHPian

I go after every 5K km to service center but doesn't go with in 3 months if 5K is not completed.
I think the 5k service is only for a routine checkup and if you feel there is no problem you can skip that as well.
This is IMHO others can comment here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks