Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2014, 07:06   #721
BHPian

Re: Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group

Last set of six pics, hope they help someone.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group-screenhunter_100-jun.-23-20.41.jpg  

Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group-screenhunter_101-jun.-23-20.42.jpg  

Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group-screenhunter_102-jun.-23-20.44.jpg  

Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group-screenhunter_103-jun.-23-20.45.jpg  

Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group-screenhunter_105-jun.-23-20.47.jpg  

Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group-screenhunter_106-jun.-23-20.47.jpg  

Old 24th June 2014, 16:32   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadi View Post
I' sure there will be no issues from either battery or alternator, I was wondering where I tap off the power line from - would you be able to guide me regarding the same.
Secondly will the external lamp failure indicator work if the loads on the original wiring is only the Hella headlight relay load - this will not change in the event of a single filament failure occurring. Your views are solicited.

To be honest, Jatin did wiring for me, no warning lights. Any good electrician should be able to do this for you

He did a good job, wherein the OEM harness was not disturbed and reverting to OEM is easy with no damage
Old 25th June 2014, 20:38   #723
BHPian

Shanky, is this the compressor that goes on your car?
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group-p1100823.jpg  

Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group-p1100822.jpg  

Old 27th June 2014, 18:39   #724
BHPian

Today morning discovered my windshield wiper is not working to my horror in heavy rain. the wiper just moved a little bit and stopped (approximately below 10 'O' Clock position). any idea what has gone wrong ? I checked the fuses they are fine. haven't used the wiper for a while. some forums recommend greasing the mechanism, but it is for wipers that are working at least partially. Should i do it as i am in a village and I wont be able to see a mechanic for at least a couple of days ?
http://www.mercedesw124.com/mercedes...ication-wiper/
Old 27th June 2014, 22:03   #725
BHPian

Dismantle and lube the mechanism. ..Try assisting or nudging the wiper..when in power...see if it moves. Dont take too long as u may risk burning the motor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray32825 View Post
Shanky, is this the compressor that goes on your car?
Looks familiar though. ..need to check the part no

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st July 2014 at 02:44. Reason: back to back posts merged, thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 13:14   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram7912 View Post
Today morning discovered my windshield wiper is not working to my horror in heavy rain. the wiper just moved a little bit and stopped (approximately below 10 'O' Clock position). any idea what has gone wrong ? I checked the fuses they are fine. haven't used the wiper for a while. some forums recommend greasing the mechanism, but it is for wipers that are working at least partially. Should i do it as i am in a village and I wont be able to see a mechanic for at least a couple of days ?
http://www.mercedesw124.com/mercedes...ication-wiper/

Have your checked your comfort relay; the solders there tend to be bad; source a wire and a bulb and check if the wiper motor is getting power; if no then it can be the relay

open the relay and see if any solder is gone; and resolder

Link for the relay
http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/sh...ad.php?t=62702

Worse case scenario is your motor or wiper gears have gone kaput

Reminds me, time to grease mine; monsoon is around the corner

Last edited by DeepakMenon : 30th June 2014 at 13:16.
Old 30th June 2014, 18:35   #727
Senior - BHPian

Since this is the most Active W124 thread.
Guys;What should be a good price for a pristine 1996 W124 E220,
With Genuine 80K on odo?
Old 30th June 2014, 20:13   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Since this is the most Active W124 thread.
Guys;What should be a good price for a pristine 1996 W124 E220,
With Genuine 80K on odo?
condition decides the price; odometer reading aint the only factor

I have seen prices from as low at 1 lac to as high as 7 lac; depends on many factors
Old 30th June 2014, 20:19   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakMenon View Post
condition decides the price; odometer reading aint the only factor

I have seen prices from as low at 1 lac to as high as 7 lac; depends on many factors
I mentioned;its pristine.1st owner
Spent all its life on Pothole free roads in Chandigarh.
Drives like a new car without any abnormal sounds.
Any ball park figure would be help ful.
Old 1st July 2014, 01:26   #730
BHPian

Believe me I tend to observe the owner more than the car when am buying one! If the seller is kind of a guy who would have cared for his merc (and deserves one!) It kind of makes a statement as to what level of care the car has received in its life..saving 50k or a lac might cost u dearer on the long run if the car has been kept by a wannabe. ..coz literally every part of the car would have suffered in one way or the other..

coolant chahihe. ..

Kaunsa???

Sasta wala dedo...

A Daily affair at palika bhawan (duh!). .so I would try my best to avoid such cars (owners)

If its literally perfect from all angles and it doesn't have stupid good years or continentals and engine etc is untouched I would pay 4 to 4.5.

Try to get an underbody look for damage, pump buzz, diffrencial leak, cv boot condition, play in prop shaft, condition of front ball joints boot, does the engine inside look black (sludge buildup) check by unscrewing the oil cap. At 80k it should still look pristine! If black or brownish. ..its the sasta wala oil or worse no oil change!

check the discs for wear... do they "speak" 80k kms worth of wear? Jumpy speedo (con job!??) Chk Spacings left n right of speedo for tamper. Aging of tires n manuf dates ..panel gaps for accidental damage..vaccum operations ..just chk everything! !

If it still comes out pristine. ..I d only haggle for the sake of ego satisfaction...coz end of the id know what id be taking. ..home!

To answer your question again...4 to 4.5!

I know a cng fitted w124 for sale here in delhi ..asking price is 2.5 lakhs. .leme know of anyone's interested ...��

Mod Note : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st July 2014 at 02:46. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
sportz_kruzer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 11:57   #731
BHPian

Oops looks like I got a bit carried away. Sorry for that!

Well finally I got my car running after a fuel pump failure. removed and cleaned the tank, installed new hoses and pump. Fixed a broken breather valve, Filled it with 50 lts of petrol, idled for 45 mins to check for leakages or any malfunctions. I still hear small noises from the pump, as in it is not absolutely quiet. But a periodic " zzzz" after every few seconds. I will check fuel pressure at the rail. Any ideas what pressure should I be expecting to see?

Are your pumps dead quiet or is it inherent as per design? I can only hear the noise when am under the car with the pump cover open
Old 1st July 2014, 16:58   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportz_kruzer View Post

Well finally I got my car running after a fuel pump failure. removed and cleaned the tank, installed new hoses and pump. Fixed a broken breather valve, Filled it with 50 lts of petrol, idled for 45 mins to check for leakages or any malfunctions. I still hear small noises from the pump, as in it is not absolutely quiet. But a periodic " zzzz" after every few seconds. I will check fuel pressure at the rail. Any ideas what pressure should I be expecting to see?

Are your pumps dead quiet or is it inherent as per design? I can only hear the noise when am under the car with the pump cover open

My pumps were dead silent after a new one was installed, however after say a long drive of 300 km it does a buzz a bit. I guess it time to change filter which I think is over working the pump
Old 1st July 2014, 20:31   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
Throttle seems to be clean but will give it a look soon indeed.But i doubt it would be throttle body related,i am more inclined towards what virat pointed out to me over the phone that it might be the purge valve/MOT valve or something,i gave it a look,the vaacum was weak from one side of the valve,as in,if i pull out one end of the valve,the rpm fluctuates for a moment,i dont know if it is correct or not,I will be visiting patel autos soon for this and get it scanned properly.
I was on holiday when you had texted me. I think you should visit visit the electrician for a quick check of the purge valve, and maybe the mechanic for cleaning the LLR. Isn't a very long job, but the oppressive heat makes me think twice before going anywhere during the day.
Viraat13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 21:46   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakMenon View Post
My pumps were dead silent after a new one was installed, however after say a long drive of 300 km it does a buzz a bit. I guess it time to change filter which I think is over working the pump
I am beginning to conclude its heat related. Buzzing goes up with heat. Heat may be from hot air blowing from the engine underneath or when running low on fuel, air gets sucked in of the fuel level goes below strainer height thus causing pump cavitation coupled with heat causing vapor lock and pump overheating..lets see...
sportz_kruzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 06:46   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportz_kruzer View Post

This may help, its for a M111 engine
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group-screenhunter_02-jul.-02-20.01.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks