Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2014, 16:21   #601
BHPian

Hmmm I also ordered new brake hoses from ebay coz I am still running on 17 yr old hoses and dont feel comfortable with that. Will check out the parts u have mentioned as well. Btw whats with the fuel pipe? Are you taking about the solid line or the rubber pipe connecting the fuel filter to the pump?

Also I made a bleeder valve ( for one man bleeding) using one inch of fuel pipe and a bicycle tube valve clamped to it using hose clamps and some aquarium tube goin into a coke bottle for draining. I hook that to the bleed nipple (clamp it as well with hose clamp) open the bleed screw and pump away as the bicycle valve acts as a check valve to prevent air from entering.

worked like a charm on my bikes disc brake..yet to try it on the car. Have no clue when the brake fluid was last changed !!

The intention is to flush the fluid without draining it. Will use one 250ml bottle for each brake line and clutch.

Last edited by sportz_kruzer : 18th February 2014 at 16:25.
Old 18th February 2014, 16:51   #602
BHPian

Re: Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportz_kruzer View Post
Hmmm I also ordered new brake hoses from ebay coz I am still running on 17 yr old hoses and dont feel comfortable with that. Will check out the parts u have mentioned as well. Btw whats with the fuel pipe? Are you taking about the solid line or the rubber pipe connecting the fuel filter to the pump?

Also I made a bleeder valve ( for one man bleeding) using one inch of fuel pipe and a bicycle tube valve clamped to it using hose clamps and some aquarium tube goin into a coke bottle for draining. I hook that to the bleed nipple (clamp it as well with hose clamp) open the bleed screw and pump away as the bicycle valve acts as a check valve to prevent air from entering.

worked like a charm on my bikes disc brake..yet to try it on the car. Have no clue when the brake fluid was last changed !!

The intention is to flush the fluid without draining it. Will use one 250ml bottle for each brake line and clutch.

The fuel pipe before and after the fuel pump; when they go you are stranded and lose whatever fuel you have in your tank

Well when i changed my brake fluid; I ended up using nearly 6 bottles or more; i kept bleeding till I didnt see clean fluid at all ends; mine was never changed so it was quite bad
Old 18th February 2014, 17:05   #603
BHPian

Oh never know even the hard lines go! And since the pump is out side the tank all fuel will flow out coz of gravity if one of the pipes break...not to mention how scary it can get...my cielo once ruptured its fuel hose on the tank side and was dripping fuel on road...I was scared shit..especially of people who tend to throw burning cigarettes on the road :-o
Old 18th February 2014, 18:00   #604
BHPian

Oh never know even the hard lines go! And since the pump is out side the tank all fuel will flow out coz of gravity if one of the pipes break...not to mention how scary it can get...my cielo once ruptured its fuel hose on the tank side and was dripping fuel on road...I was scared ...especially of people who tend to throw burning cigarettes on the road :-o

Ref brake fluid Yup that exactly what I want to do ..so 6 bottles it is!! How did u cleanse the abs pump? Did a couple of abs braking and flushed again? ?
Old 18th February 2014, 21:38   #605
BHPian

Well didnt do anything specific for ABS; never thought of it; but guess with all lines clear with new fluids few ml there should not make a difference and no where in manual it says ABS pump bleed
Old 18th February 2014, 22:42   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakMenon View Post
Well didnt do anything specific for ABS; never thought of it; but guess with all lines clear with new fluids few ml there should not make a difference and no where in manual it says ABS pump bleed
well I did about these pumps having a reservoir and also cases where the valves in it getting seized due to corrosion because of moisture etc. The cure was to brake hard so as to get the ABS pump working. Even a few ms is enough to cycle the fluid out of the pump. Well thats what I read !
Old 19th February 2014, 14:19   #607
BHPian

In that case; I do not need to worry as my car sees expressway twice a month; and I do brake like crazy at least once;
Old 19th February 2014, 15:30   #608
BHPian

I recommend you do change ur brake hoses as they would be more than a decade old in any case. The hoses have taken enough jumping and flexing to suspension and steering movements and not to mention enduring the pressures of stopping the 2 ton monster times the speeds. IMO all rubber hoses mandate a change every 4 years.

My clutch slave failed during Initial days of ownership. .luckily right in front my house after a long drive..found later that the clutch hose was almost in a rotten state and leaking from the neck..wondered how it even held pressure for so long
Old 19th February 2014, 16:50   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportz_kruzer View Post
I recommend you do change ur brake hoses as they would be more than a decade old in any case. The hoses have taken enough jumping and flexing to suspension and steering movements and not to mention enduring the pressures of stopping the 2 ton monster times the speeds. IMO all rubber hoses mandate a change every 4 years.

My clutch slave failed during Initial days of ownership. .luckily right in front my house after a long drive..found later that the clutch hose was almost in a rotten state and leaking from the neck..wondered how it even held pressure for so long
Well, mine is new all around; new master, new slave clutch etc etc, more or less 90% of rubber in the car is new

hoses will be done in the next service when pads are due to change

more than hoses; the priority if caliper service; one should replace the o rings etc inside them; unless you see hoses bulging then that takes priority
Old 24th February 2014, 18:34   #610
BHPian

Where is the engine number stamped in the 605.911 5cyl 250diesel engineengine ?
Old 27th February 2014, 11:32   #611
BHPian

What was the on road cost for the e220 and e250 back in the day?
Old 28th February 2014, 01:51   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
What was the on road cost for the e220 and e250 back in the day?
My E220 was an early import and had a bill of 70 lakhs for some reason. My E250D was a later edition and costed a mere 21 lakhs or so.
Old 28th February 2014, 21:29   #613
BHPian

Does the M111 have a secondary air injection pump? If yes, can anyone tell me where is it located?
Old 1st March 2014, 09:51   #614
BHPian

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../E-Class.html/

Was there a trim level without a left wing mirror?
Old 1st March 2014, 10:10   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../E-Class.html/

Was there a trim level without a left wing mirror?
Left wing mirror isn't a trim. The answer is obviously NO.
Look at the right mirror, That's also not OE design. Chrome wasn't in vogue those days
See the keys , there is a remote as well

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 1st March 2014 at 10:13.

Most Viewed