Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2021, 13:03   #691
BHPian

Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Try this, if not already tried.
Remove the battery terminals, and keep it this way for half a day, or better overnight.

Is yours the GenX model?
Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
Yes, it is GenX Twist XT. Will try disconnecting the battery tonight. Lets see how it goes.
Disconnecting battery didn't worked, not sure what to try next.
Old 21st March 2021, 17:23   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Did you also faced fuel going slow at pump in tank or just the display sensor always showing full?
Display sensor getting stuck at a certain level was the issue with her car.
Old 21st March 2021, 20:45   #693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
From past sometime fuel sensor showing tank full even when it is near empty. It is always showing full 5 bars, no matter how much the fuel in tank whenever I go for refueling, as soon as the pump attendant put the nozzle in tank, it cuts off in 5-10 seconds and then he needs to fill it manually. The fuel goes very slowly in tank
When you say that the fuel filler cuts off in 5-10 secs, post that how much fuel are you actually able to fill till you see fuel upto the brim at the fuel filler cap? If you aren't able to fill beyond, say, 2-3 litres, your tank is actually full.

I suspect that your fuel tank breather line with the smaller dia hoses 5 and 9 as in the attached picture isn't fine.
TATA nano - List of ALL issues-33.png
Old 21st March 2021, 21:19   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
When you say that the fuel filler cuts off in 5-10 secs, post that how much fuel are you actually able to fill till you see fuel upto the brim at the fuel filler cap? If you aren't able to fill beyond, say, 2-3 litres, your tank is actually full.

I suspect that your fuel tank breather line with the smaller dia hoses 5 and 9 as in the attached picture isn't fine.
Attachment 2135451
When tank is empty, after the auto cutoff in few seconds, It easily takes 14-15L by putting the fuel slowly in it. Will take it to TASS again to get it checked now.
Old 1st March 2023, 01:29   #695
BHPian

The windshield of our 2015 Nano cracked inexplicably. The car was parked in front of our home in Delhi & I noticed the crack at night.

Don't know how it happened - definitely didn't happen while driving that day. There was no impact. Have heard of car's glasses cracking due to extreme temperatures and sometimes even drastic difference in temperature. But currently in Feb it is quite pleasant in Delhi, though days are unusually hot, but nights are cool (not cold). But still not much difference in temperature.

There is no sign of a stone hitting - as there is no starlike pattern of an impact. Just a hairline crack, barely perceptible if one runs a finger on it. The hairline expands a bit at the bend of the crack, from where it starts to change direction.

On closer inspection, i saw that that the black coloring that runs around the glass has lost its coloring near the plastic trim close to the bonnet. Looks like some glue came undone and some contortions caused it to crack. Just a theory, can't understand. Any other possible reason?
Attached Thumbnails
TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20230228_141246.jpg  

Old 1st March 2023, 09:51   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
The windshield of our 2015 Nano cracked inexplicably.
To the naked eye looks like a stress fracture, can happen even if a plastic ball hits the windshield.

Get it replaced at Karol Bagh, from the windshield experts, you could find a OEM replacement.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 20:25   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When tank is empty, after the auto cutoff in few seconds, It easily takes 14-15L by putting the fuel slowly in it. Will take it to TASS again to get it checked now.
Hi, would you be able to recall what was the issue ? Asking as it seems my 2015 Nano XTA has developed the same issue - the fuel gauge has been showing that it is full ever since the last refill & hasn't gone down despite driving 60-70kms.
Old 1st March 2023, 21:39   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Hi, would you be able to recall what was the issue ? Asking as it seems my 2015 Nano XTA has developed the same issue - the fuel gauge has been showing that it is full ever since the last refill & hasn't gone down despite driving 60-70kms.
Didn't found the actual reason for the issue, but at TASS got the fuel tank removed, oil drained and than fitted and filled again and that seems to have cleared whatever the issue was and it started reporting again correctly.

Also car is sold 3 months ago and no longer with me to tell if it happened again.
humans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 03:27   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Before removing the tank and do the things which @humans had done with his Nano.

If you have an OBD reader check if there are any errors, or simply remove the battery terminal, and refit after sometime, and see if the fuel tank indicator is behaving properly.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 20:54   #700
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions guys, an update :

Disconnecting & reconnecting the battery didn't bring joy. Thought this could be a sensor malfunction.

Needed this urgently back then, but TASC was only available after a week, so dropped the car immediately at an FNG and asked them to only change the fuel level sensor. They couldn't arrange the part, so I ordered on boodmo - got delivered by next morning - FNG fixed it in an hour. Nothing much charged for that but the AC had stopped cooling last week. For which they charged me exorbitantly (turned out to be just changing the fuse of the AC compressor).

Anyway got it done up. Want to upgrade the horn, ordering it on Amazon, should be an easy swap.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 28th March 2023 at 21:05. Reason: Added "& reconnecting"
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 07:14   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

My Mrs' Nano of 2011 was not in use for a couple of years.While thinking about putting it back on the road again, my first act was to recharge the battery. A Tata fan, my Mrs had got fitted a Tata Yuasa battery. The battery location, fitment and ease of accessibility is the worst I have come across in any car, so far. To loosen the bracket nuts both the front and rear doors of the car on the driver's side are to be opened. And you have to use the spanner from front door side and soon the rear door side shuttling all the while to loosen the bracket and later the battery nuts. Dislodging the battery is a tricky job. You tilt it, bend it, make it bow and after all these efforts, it emerges by a hit after lots of misses, from the rear door.

The battery was showing signs of having conked off till last evening until 8 hours of charging, but had picked up and was indicating positive signs by night.

The next destination is a workshop to get it mechanically fit.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 4th October 2023 at 07:16.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 17:39   #702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
My Mrs' Nano of 2011 was not in use for a couple of years.While thinking about putting it back on the road again, my first act was to recharge the battery. A Tata fan, my Mrs had got fitted a Tata Yuasa battery.

The battery was showing signs of having conked off till last evening until 8 hours of charging, but had picked up and was indicating positive signs by night.

The Nano has reached a workshop yesterday. It was parked in the open and faced vagaries of the weather since around 2019. The paintwork has badly faded from bright red to "pinkish white". The top of its roof is rusted with no paint being visible of any kind to its right. The battery was kept for charging at home, but only a cell or two showed some signs of getting recharged. It has to be replaced.

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20231007_120119.jpg

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20231007_120145.jpg

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20231007_120156.jpg

The battery- the battery cell caps have the age old 5 paisa coin opening facility. Do we still keep 5 paise

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20231007_120625.jpg

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20231007_120633.jpg

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20231007_120643.jpg

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20231007_120649.jpg

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20231007_120657.jpg

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20231007_120708.jpg

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20231007_120813.jpg

This is a DIY job and in the next image it can be observed that this rubber beading is back in place.

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20231007_120832.jpg

The bright red and the "pinkish white" shades in harmony

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 8th October 2023 at 17:43.
Old 10th October 2023, 17:20   #703
BHPian

Quote:
My Mrs' Nano of 2011 was not in use for a couple of years.While thinking about putting it back on the road again, my first act was to recharge the battery. A Tata fan, my Mrs had got fitted a Tata Yuasa battery. The battery location, fitment and ease of accessibility is the worst I have come across in any car, so far. To loosen the bracket nuts both the front and rear doors of the car on the driver's side are to be opened. And you have to use the spanner from front door side and soon the rear door side shuttling all the while to loosen the bracket and later the battery nuts. Dislodging the battery is a tricky job. You tilt it, bend it, make it bow and after all these efforts, it emerges by a hit after lots of misses, from the rear door.
Quote:
The Nano has reached a workshop yesterday. It was parked in the open and faced vagaries of the weather since around 2019. The paintwork has badly faded from bright red to "pinkish white". The top of its roof is rusted with no paint being visible of any kind to its right. The battery was kept for charging at home, but only a cell or two showed some signs of getting recharged. It has to be replaced.
The bright red and the "pinkish white" shades in harmony
Let me try and answer your dilemma regarding checking the battery on a Nano.

My FNG Mohd. Does this to check battery water/removing it, removes the driver seat which is held by 4 bolts, 2 in front and 2 in rear.

It's simple and easy, takes about half an hour.
TATA nano - List of ALL issues-img20231010163724.jpg

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-img20231010163234.jpg

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-img20231010163238.jpg
Old 25th October 2023, 09:07   #704

Hello members, I recently bought a used 2014 nano CX and first couple of days it was starting fine in the mornings.
For the past 2 days I faced some particular issues :
1. The car when cold takes time to start, as soon as the key is turned on the ignition the car cranks, starts for a second and then dies. It takes 4-5 cranks toh start the car.
2. When the car starts for around 15-30 seconds it violently shudders like the engine of a old abused tempo.
3. The car when cold has a belt squeal that goes away within a minuite.
4. The car when put in reverse sometimes refuse to take accelerator inputs for 3-5 seconds then all is normal.

These problems however are intermittent and problem 1,2 occurs also when the engine is hot.
Some other details:
Odometer -11, 800 kms.
Engine oil- old but good condition.
Radiator- coolant level is within limits.
Starter- replaced recently.
Battery- fitted a new 32 Ah battery.a week old.

Dear mods: I could not find a similar problem mentioned here. Please feel free to direct me to the appropriate forum and solutions posted previously.
Thank you.

Last edited by PRATAYA : 25th October 2023 at 09:14. Reason: Missed out details.
Old 26th October 2023, 02:06   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRATAYA View Post
Hello members, I recently bought a used 2014 nano CX and first couple of days it was starting fine in the mornings.
For the past 2 days I faced some particular issues :
1. The car when cold takes time to start, as soon as the key is turned on the ignition the car cranks, starts for a second and then dies. It takes 4-5 cranks toh start the car.
2. When the car starts for around 15-30 seconds it violently shudders like the engine of a old abused tempo.
3. The car when cold has a belt squeal that goes away within a minuite.
4. The car when put in reverse sometimes refuse to take accelerator inputs for 3-5 seconds then all is normal.

These problems however are intermittent and problem 1,2 occurs also when the engine is hot.
Some other details:
Odometer -11, 800 kms.
Engine oil- old but good condition.
Radiator- coolant level is within limits.
Starter- replaced recently.
Battery- fitted a new 32 Ah battery.a week old.

Dear mods: I could not find a similar problem mentioned here. Please feel free to direct me to the appropriate forum and solutions posted previously.
Thank you.
Check and replace the spark plugs if they aren't in good condition. If condition is fine then get the gap adjusted.
Also double check the wiring of the new starter and ignition coils
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks