Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2017, 10:32   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
I was planning on doing the same. How much did the headlights cost? Im also planning to install alloys on the car. Any suggestions?
Rs.3200 for both headlights together including the pre-installed bulbs. I have not thought about alloy wheels yet, instead i am planning to remove the full wheel covers and install original nano's plastic hub caps. Unfortunately not being able to source it at the TOP store here.

Gave the Nano to workshop this morning - to change clutch cable, remove Nano original horn and install a pair of OE innova horns (removed from the Innova) and bypass heater core inside the cabin.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 20:20   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Took delivery of the car from tata a.s.s this evening after clutch kit replacement. Now the clutch feels like a switch, its either on or off, and i am finding it hard to modulate the clutch and have stalled the vehicle quite a number of times. Before i gave it at tata ass for replacement the clutch was hard but I didn't have any trouble modulating the clutch and i rarely ever stalled it. Took it for a spin to se if i could get used to it but i stalled a few times again, and I came and parked the car at home. Not happy with the car anymore.
Incompetent Tata a.s.s, they could have saved me a lot of trouble if they just replaced the clutch cable when they did the clutch kit replacement.

I got the clutch cable replaced at a FNG and the clutch is awesome now, the on/off binary feel is totally gone. The old clutch cable was grabby the cable was not moving smoothly. Will not be visiting Tata dealer anymore for servicing.
Old 11th May 2017, 00:32   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
I was planning on doing the same. How much did the headlights cost? Im also planning to install alloys on the car. Any suggestions?
I got Plati alloys for my Nano when I bought the car. Pic attached. These are 4.5J as compared to 4J provided by Tata as standard accessory.

I have 155 section on rear (Yokohama) and 145 section on front (Michellin) as tires from day 1. No issues so far, in fact I find that the grip is better.
Attached Thumbnails
TATA nano - List of ALL issues-nano.jpg  

mittal_v2002 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 01:59   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post
I got Plati alloys for my Nano when I bought the car. Pic attached. These are 4.5J as compared to 4J provided by Tata as standard accessory.

I have 155 section on rear (Yokohama) and 145 section on front (Michellin) as tires from day 1. No issues so far, in fact I find that the grip is better.

The alloys look awesome.

What are the front and rear tyre sizes?? Also can you kindly post a clear picture of the rear (including the tread pattern) Yokohama??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 20:17   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Anyone upgraded the tyres? If so which size did you choose and how is the improvement?
Upgraded the tyres today. All tyres are now 155/65/12, make Bridgestone B250. Steering isn't bad, increased effort is not noticeable that much.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 21:13   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The alloys look awesome.

What are the front and rear tyre sizes?? Also can you kindly post a clear picture of the rear (including the tread pattern) Yokohama??

Regards,
Shashi
Front 145/70R12 - Michellin - Alloy Wheel
Rear 165/60R12 - Yokohama - Alloy Wheel
Spare 145/70R12 - Michellin - Steel Wheel

If you are buying Alloys please note that I need to get the tire removed from the spare rim and re-balanced on the Alloy with each tire rotation exercise as the alloy does not fit in the spare wheel bay. So get only 4 alloys and keep one steel rim.

Pictures attached. TATA nano - List of ALL issues-img_20170511_162647.jpg

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-img_20170511_162653.jpg

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-img_20170511_162706.jpg

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-img_20170511_162717.jpg
mittal_v2002 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 23:49   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Upgraded the tyres today. All tyres are now 155/65/12, make Bridgestone B250. Steering isn't bad, increased effort is not noticeable that much.
How is the handling? Any scraping at lock?
Old 14th May 2017, 10:49   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterace View Post
How is the handling? Any scraping at lock?
No scraping at lock.

Steering is super responsive and a slight hint of oversteer is there (as rightly said by Tata) and for me this is fun. For the general car buying public Tata has done the right thing by putting the smaller tyres in the front.

Handling on a straight line is much much better and so is braking.

Can some one please post a clear picture of the engine bay showing the clutch actuation arm and this particular bit wiring conduit? As you can see in the video below its fouling in mine.

Old 14th May 2017, 10:59   #579
BHPian

Quote:
No...
Can some one please post a clear picture of the engine bay showing the clutch actuation arm and this particular bit wiring conduit? As you can see in the video below its fouling in mine.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=ALZWaXW8Q0M
I think the cable tie should secure it to the metal bracket next to it. Also, it should perhaps be going through the other side of the bracket.

Will post a pic from mine as soon as I have the time.
Old 16th May 2017, 03:19   #580
BHPian

Quote:
... slight hint of oversteer is there (as rightly said by Tata) and for me this is fun.
For the general car buying public Tata has done the right thing by putting the smaller tyres in the front.
I would advise against having too much fun, apparently the Nano does this when pushed around a curve hard !

Lower costs could just be another reason for providing a smaller tire at the front.
~
im_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 07:56   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
I would advise against having too much fun, apparently the Nano does this when pushed around a curve hard !

Lower costs could just be another reason for providing a smaller tire at the front.
~
I have lifted the inside wheel un-intentionally (with the stock tyre) during the first couple of days after having brought the car home. So after that incident i drive it cautiously around corners.

Last edited by Sankar : 16th May 2017 at 08:01.
Old 27th May 2017, 06:27   #582
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need some advice please.

Took the Nano Twist out for a 100 km run to Devbag. Soon after leaving we noticed that the A/C was not functioning as normal. The pressure/volume of air coming out of the vents had reduced considerably. This was on No. 2 setting. Tried increasing to setting No. 3 but only marginal improvement which soon disappeared and finally we drove without the A/C in the sweltering heat. It was so hot that we decided to stop for a while and switched off the engine. Started up again after 15 minutes and everything back to normal but again after 15 to 20 minutes noticed the A/C losing air volume. Cooling was still there.
Has anyone encountered this problem before and if so any suggestions would be welcome.
I tried changing from "Recirculation" mode to "Fresh Air" mode but no improvement.
I also tried changing the setting from "Cool" to "Hot" and back again but no improvement.
Played with the air flow controls.....nothing.
It's only if I stop and switch off A/C and engine for about 10 to 15 minutes that everything is back to normal.
The car has run just 14k Kms and I have not experienced anything like this before.

Awaiting your suggestions,
Regards,
SS
Old 27th May 2017, 15:07   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

Need some advice please.

Took the Nano Twist out for a 100 km run to Devbag. Soon after leaving we noticed that the A/C was not functioning as normal. The pressure/volume of air coming out of the vents had reduced considerably.
SS
This happened to me multiple times in my Nano. If the air is humid enough there is ice formation in the channels and that restricts the air flow. Normally the vehicles thermostat is supposed to cut in to avoid the ice build up. But have read about many such cases in the Nano, that it's a given. Did it rain recently in your area?
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2017, 01:26   #584
BHPian

Hi nijelj,

Thanks for your response. I have been through most of the Nano threads but have never read about this issue or may have missed it.
It was definitely not humid. In fact it was roasting hot with clear blue skies and I had been doing a good speed on the two lane highway.
It seems to be OK today but I still feel that the air flow is not as strong as before.
Intend to take it to the TASS on Monday.
Let's see what they come up with.

Regards,
SS
Old 30th May 2017, 19:45   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
The pressure/volume of air coming out of the vents had reduced considerably. This was on No. 2 setting. Tried increasing to setting No. 3 but only marginal improvement which soon disappeared and finally we drove without the A/C in the sweltering heat. It was so hot that we decided to stop for a while and switched off the engine. Started up again after 15 minutes and everything back to normal but again after 15 to 20 minutes noticed the A/C losing air volume. Cooling was still there.
Has anyone encountered this problem before and if so any suggestions would be welcome.
I tried changing from "Recirculation" mode to "Fresh Air" mode but no improvement.
I also tried changing the setting from "Cool" to "Hot" and back again but no improvement.
Played with the air flow controls.....nothing.
It's only if I stop and switch off A/C and engine for about 10 to 15 minutes that everything is back to normal.
The car has run just 14k Kms and I have not experienced anything like this before.

Awaiting your suggestions,
Regards,
SS
Seems like a case of an overheating blower (does the fan speed reduce over time?), or a faulty thermostat (compressor not cutting out causing icing). Take the opinion of a good ac mechanic before going to the ASS.

Quote:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=ALZWaXW8Q0M
I checked in mine. It is the same. Sorry for the delay.
Attached Thumbnails
TATA nano - List of ALL issues-img_20170527_102721.jpg  

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-img_20170527_102654.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks