Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2016, 14:16   #526
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheer5776 View Post
Thanks Saket77 for prompt reply. Yes, The light stays on even after the cold start. And sometimes it goes off anytime. And then again it may light up. Is that anything to do with the rains? Some times I have observed the Low Battery light turning on or the parking light turning on even when the parking brakes were not applied. But sooner both the lights went off.
That surely points to some electrical issue. A wiring check is the way to go. There is definitely current leaking into the circuit from somewhere which should be corrected ASAP to avoid chances of a short circuit. Also, this is important because if any warning light comes on genuinely, it might go eventually ignored resulting in some serious damage.

Regards.
Old 31st July 2016, 15:07   #527
BHPian

Facing the issue of lack of adequate cooling at idling in my 5 year old Nano. Service advisor recommends changing of condenser fan and AC pressure switch for the price of nearly Rs. 4000.

Please advise.
Old 31st July 2016, 23:45   #528
BHPian

TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Facing the issue of lack of adequate cooling at idling in my 5 year old Nano.

I had the same issue. TASS guys initially misdiagnosed the problem with AC gas leakage (and suggested installing a new condenser) but later I pointed out that the condenser fan used to work only when given a nudge. Replaced it for a total cost of 2200. Problem never surfaced again.

Not sure why and if the AC pressure switch needs replacement. Maybe others can comment.

In my case, the fan along with its shroud was supposed to be covered under warranty but since it developed a small crack due a bumper dent, I was refused coverage.

Last edited by Tanmay K : 31st July 2016 at 23:50.
Tanmay K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 05:14   #529
Senior - BHPian

The window washer fluid pipe cracks and breaks at the point where it comes out of the bonnet and goes under the wiper arm.

This is the place where the pipe is exposed to direct sunlight and is also chafed against the hole in the plastic guard when you operate the wiper.
My first pipe, the original rubber one, cracked in the first year and I replaced it with a plastic one. The plastic pipe gave up a month or so ago.
Old 1st August 2016, 14:15   #530
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Facing the issue of lack of adequate cooling at idling in my 5 year old Nano. Service advisor recommends changing of condenser fan and AC pressure switch for the price of nearly Rs. 4000.

Please advise.
You can get the condenser fan motor changed outside the ASS. I had same problem in my 2009 nano last year, replaced the motor for around Rs1500 and cooling improved with some AC gas top-up.
kkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 14:35   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay K View Post
I had the same issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
You can get the condenser fan
thanks for your help guys. My car's AC is cooling perfectly. It cuts off completely only at signal when engine is idle. May be only changing the fan motor will work.
Old 5th August 2016, 09:11   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
The window washer fluid pipe cracks and breaks at the point where it comes out of the bonnet and goes under the wiper arm.

This is the place where the pipe is exposed to direct sunlight and is also chafed against the hole in the plastic guard when you operate the wiper.
My first pipe, the original rubber one, cracked in the first year and I replaced it with a plastic one. The plastic pipe gave up a month or so ago.
Interesting that only days after I read about this in your post, my windshield washer fluid pipe breaks all by itself.

Mine broke from an unlikely spot, however. Poor quality, I guess.

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-fullsizerender.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumards View Post
Could you please let me know how you opened the air-intake?
Sorry, I seem to have missed your post! It's fairly simple to remove the air intake. You have to take the clips off of the inlet cover (they're on the edges of the cover) with a flathead screwdriver and inside this cover, there is another cover which has been glued in a bit. Remove that and you can clean and put everything back.

Last edited by Tanmay K : 5th August 2016 at 09:22.
Old 6th August 2016, 00:17   #533
BHPian

Gave the Nano for the first year service at the new dealer at Trivandrum - Trivandrum Motors. They are a small dealership, but I was really amazed by the quality of work done. And since I had taken the silver care package, it was a zero bill job
Old 7th August 2016, 01:48   #534
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for your help guys. My car's AC is cooling perfectly. It cuts off completely only at signal when engine is idle. May be only changing the fan motor will work.
Same problem with my ac was fixed when the sensor was cleaned. Obviously before that the Tass recharged the gas and fleeced money from me.
Old 7th August 2016, 15:55   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
Same problem
Thanks for the help.
I visited the Concorde Workshop yesterday and had the condenser fan changed. Was told that the fan had wear out was the cause. The issue has been resolved and had the car back in 2 hours.

It cost me about Rs. 2450 total. Its now chilling at its best and airflow is better too
avingodb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 16:39   #536
Senior - BHPian

The AC blower of my 2011 Nano stopped working sometime ago. Got it replaced under warranty. From past few days, the self was misbehaving, I thought that battery was the culprit, got it replaced only to find that the starter was at fault. Gave the car to my local mechanic today, will update about the proceedings.

Last edited by mercedised : 24th August 2016 at 16:40.
Old 13th September 2016, 20:23   #537
kkg
BHPian

My younger brother's 1 month old nano genx is in workshop from last two days for battery light blinking.

As per him if the hazard light switch is On, the battery indication light starts blinking even if the key is not in the keyhole. And as per the ASS it is a feature.

Can anyone here confirm the same in their Nanos Gen x.
Old 25th October 2016, 12:16   #538
BHPian

My father accidentally added water to the petrol tank of the Nano thinking it is the windshield water tank inlet.

To make matters worse, the car was started and driven for less than 10-12 meters. Thankfully the water does not seem to have gotten in the engine yet as the car must have utilized the fuel in the fuel lines.

I've instructed everyone at home to not even turn keep the car on ACC as the fuel pump might still suck some water in. I will tow the car to an authorized service center after I get back in town in some days.

Is it alright to leave the car as it is for 2-3 days until I arrive or is it imperative that it is towed right away? I'm guessing rusting won't become a problem in just a couple of days time?

Hopefully getting the fuel tank and fuel lines cleaned should do the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Can anyone here confirm the same in their Nanos Gen x.
Definitely not the case in the previous gen Nano.
Old 29th October 2016, 01:12   #539
BHPian

There is a recall for a batch of 2015 Nano for replacing the wiper wash fluid pump. Got it replaced in 15 mins. It retails for less than 250/- and looks similar to the small pump used in M800. Consider how costly a similar replacement would be for a upmarket car - I guess some only allows you to change the tank and pump together since its fused together.
Old 4th November 2016, 15:33   #540
BHPian

Hello,

My 4 years old Nano LX went dead after driving 2km. When it went dead, the Malfunction indicator and temperature indicator had turned ON.

After turning off the key and again cranking it, the engine was alive and no warning lights were ON.

Again after couple of KMs, same thing happened.

Somehow, my wife reached home driving the car on very low speed.

Next day, we took it to Tata service center where the scan showed coolant temperature sensor failure. The sensor was replaced (cost about INR 312/-). Coincidentally, we had an appointment for scheduled service same day, hence a paid service was also completed.

After getting the car back, we have observed that the power is lacking.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks