Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2017, 20:15   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterace View Post
I checked in mine. It is the same. Sorry for the delay.
Thank you for the photos. I hope it doesn't foul as badly in those vehicles as it does in mine. How careless and stupid of the manufacturer to route a part of the wriring harness so close to a moving part where it could (is) foul(ing). The conduit is already cut in mine. I thought it was a one off problem in mine caused by the dealership when they changed the clutch kit.

I have solved the issue by rerouting it under the clamp where it is affixed to by the plastic clip. Now it doesn't foul with the clutch and the clutch feels better too.
Old 31st May 2017, 00:08   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterace View Post
Seems like a case of an overheating blower (does the fan speed reduce over time?), or a faulty thermostat (compressor not cutting out causing icing). Take the opinion of a good ac mechanic before going to the ASS.
Hi Fighterace,

Thanks for the advice.
I went to the ASS and they diagnosed a blocked AC filter. Opened it up to find it completely choked. Cooling coil was also cleaned. The fan was also not running properly. SA claimed there was some wiring issue which they have sorted out but while leaving SA says :If the problem occurs again we will change the fan under warranty! Thermostat was OK.
Anyway, as of now, the A/C is working fine. Back to normal.
This means that the AC filter was not cleaned in the last service which was less than 1000Kms ago. However, I couldn't be bothered to bring this up with TASS. Just a waste of breath!!

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 17:33   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Fighterace,

I went to the ASS and they diagnosed a blocked AC filter.
Regards,
SS
That doesn't explain why the AC was running OK for the first 15 mins after a 10-15min break, does it? Anyway, I hope you don't face it again.
Old 2nd June 2017, 12:21   #589
BHPian

Any older nano owners facing rust issues? I think i need quite a bit of bodywork post these monsoons.
Old 10th June 2017, 02:07   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

I have solved the issue by rerouting it under the clamp where it is affixed to by the plastic clip. Now it doesn't foul with the clutch and the clutch feels better too.
Perhaps that's where it is supposed to go in the first place. The factory hands at TATA seem to be the sibling of their ASS mechanics.
Old 10th June 2017, 06:37   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Common problem not restricted to Nano.

Air filter getting chocked does not permit sufficient airflow over evaporator coil which is at sub zero so ice starts forming. More ice forms more is airflow restricted more build up till all air is blocked.

Peculiar situation as ice is poor conductor of heat. Four people inside car perspire and breath enough moisture for this to happen.

When you switch off ice melts away and airflow is restored.

Ice formation can also happen with blocked drain pipe.

Last edited by sudev : 10th June 2017 at 06:39.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 10:57   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Got my Nano Twist XT last tuesday. Ran about 250kms so far.

Two little quirks till now:
- There is a shrill grinding noise behind the dashboard while on the move. This is inconsistent and happens only if the car was driven for a while and stopped, then started again. Happens only when the car is moving. Not while stationary. Not with the AC, speakers etc, tried switch off everything. It seems to emanate from behind the speedometer console, but can't say till we check it. Not sure whether to wait till 1st service to report this. Anybody else got this issue?

- 1st Gear and reverse gear or notchy and difficult to engage. Ended up grinding the reverse on a couple of occasions, needs patience sometimes. Other gears are smooth.
The similar sound from my Dec-2015 Nano XT. Important thing to note that the very annoying shrill comes even when the car is stationary and is very intermittent in nature, goes on its own and comes back suddenly anytime while driving.

Sometimes I felt a little loss of power also with this grinding sound. Almost for a year, complained several times to services but useless (otherwise the ass people are well up to the mark).
Old 7th July 2017, 09:51   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
The similar sound from my Dec-2015 Nano XT. Important thing to note that the very annoying shrill comes even when the car is stationary and is very intermittent in nature, goes on its own and comes back suddenly anytime while driving.

Sometimes I felt a little loss of power also with this grinding sound. Almost for a year, complained several times to services but useless (otherwise the ass people are well up to the mark).
Last week I went to Tata Motor with the above problem and they gave me a perfect solution. Belt(s) tightening.

Surprisingly, the pickup of the vehicle has also improved and no problem for a week. So, I suggest, get the belts tightened once in a while (at least annually).
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 10:21   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Last week I went to Tata Motor with the above problem and they gave me a perfect solution. Belt(s) tightening.

Surprisingly, the pickup of the vehicle has also improved and no problem for a week. So, I suggest, get the belts tightened once in a while (at least annually).
I too complained about the same problem and same solution was given; but problem persists !!

Which belt was tightened in your car?
Old 7th July 2017, 11:26   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I too complained about the same problem and same solution was given; but problem persists !!

Which belt was tightened in your car?
It was alternator belt.
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 00:22   #596
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I wanted to check if i can get a dashboard lid for my 2010CX. I believe i read somewhere on the forum that it is available as an accessory however can't seem to find it now. Read entire thread again just for this information.
Old 12th July 2017, 01:59   #597
BHPian

Folks

I am getting a mileage of only 9KMPL from my car. I have recently bought this car. I bought it to use it for 3-4 months so that my father could learn to drive and than planning to buy a decent AMT car for him. However looking at the package I want to keep it for the time being. But the mileage is making me worried. The car has been recently serviced by our trusted mechanic. As per him the air filter in the car was clean and now he suggested to clean the throttle body and injectors. As per my experience throttle body cleaning doesn't show any noticeable difference in the mileage though injector cleaning does help but not too sure if it will cause so much drop in the mileage. Should I take it to TASS to get the ECU Firmware updated. Will this improve the FE ? I called up local TASS to check about throttle body and injector cleaning and was informed they don't do injector cleaning in nano. They will do throttle body cleaning however charges for the same are 2300 approximately. Funny thing is that throttle body costs 3 K approximately for a brand new unit. Can anyone help me with this problem.
nik0502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 08:08   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Folks

I am getting a mileage of only 9KMPL from my car. I have recently bought this car. I bought it to use it for 3-4 months so that my father could learn to drive and than planning to buy a decent AMT car for him. However looking at the package I want to keep it for the time being. But the mileage is making me worried. The car has been recently serviced by our trusted mechanic. As per him the air filter in the car was clean and now he suggested to clean the throttle body and injectors. As per my experience throttle body cleaning doesn't show any noticeable difference in the mileage though injector cleaning does help but not too sure if it will cause so much drop in the mileage. Should I take it to TASS to get the ECU Firmware updated. Will this improve the FE ? I called up local TASS to check about throttle body and injector cleaning and was informed they don't do injector cleaning in nano. They will do throttle body cleaning however charges for the same are 2300 approximately. Funny thing is that throttle body costs 3 K approximately for a brand new unit. Can anyone help me with this problem.
Can you give history of the car like how many kilometres, year, service history etc??

Before you get to major repairs, please check these simple items
1. Quality of petrol. Change your petrol pump and see
2. Do you feel any clutch slipping in higher gears?? ( 4 and 5)
3. What is the highway mileage?
4. Have you tried checking mileage with AC off??
5. I assume you are calculating mileage via the tankful to tankful method. If not try that way.
6. Keep right air pressure in tires
7. Any uneven wear in brake pads or brake slightly jamming the wheels?? Do you feel lack of power?
8. Is this mileage figure in normal or sport mode??
9. Finally driver - is everyone driving your car getting same mileage??

I normally get 14 kmpl in city traffic.
arjithin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 09:54   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
throttle body cleaning, however, charges for the same are 2300 approximately
2300 for the cleaning is too much. I think I paid Rs. 400 for this last year at Concorde. So you better confirm from another agency or call centre once!
Old 12th July 2017, 18:25   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post

Before you get to major repairs, please check these simple items
I normally get 14 kmpl in city traffic.
Sounds advice. Sometimes it's the simplest things that can be the cause of a problem. So always start with the basics.

To check whether the brakes are free, the car has to be on a lift. The Nano had drum brakes that must be adjusted manually with new brake shoes. Do this is actually worth checking.

I used to get similar mileage figures in city use.

Last edited by Motard_Blr : 12th July 2017 at 18:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks