Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 00:13   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi mithun,
the car is 10 months old as of now .
In my opinion, every car the minute it is out of the showroom needs a underbody treatment and a splash of teflon coating. Underbody coating is even more needed for cars plying in coastal areas.

Get it done, if its not done already
Old 30th July 2009, 00:31   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
In my opinion, every car the minute it is out of the showroom needs a underbody treatment and a splash of teflon coating. Underbody coating is even more needed for cars plying in coastal areas.

Get it done, if its not done already
Hi Mobike(can I get your name please),
Was thinking of getting the undercoating done. FASC was quoting around 3.5K at the time of first servicing. The second servicing is due in August.
Can you tell me some good place where I can get it done and at a good price. Please also pass on the details of some good accessories shop in Hyderabad. Is there anything in Hyderabad like Total Mall in Bangalore ?
Old 31st July 2009, 12:37   #93

Underbody will require special protection, A special underbody coat will last for five years , cost Rs 3000-4000
Old 4th September 2009, 21:28   #94
BHPian

Fellow BHPians, my dealer is pushing me for Waxoyl Value Package for my new car that is supposed to do some sort of coating of underbody, the engine compartment as well as parts of door etc. He is charging Rs 10k. He wants Rs 5500/- for under chasis only. He showed me the pamphlet which had Honda logo as well indicated some sort of partnership between Honda and Waxoyl. My questions:-

Is it really required? Considering the car will be used in Northern parts of the country accept for a 10 days drive along the coast?

If it is required, is the price quoted ok? Or should i get it done elsewhere?

Thanks.
Old 6th September 2009, 17:13   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpyder View Post
Fellow BHPians, my dealer is pushing me for Waxoyl Value Package for my new car that is supposed to do some sort of coating of underbody, the engine compartment as well as parts of door etc. He is charging Rs 10k. He wants Rs 5500/- for under chasis only. He showed me the pamphlet which had Honda logo as well indicated some sort of partnership between Honda and Waxoyl. My questions:-

Is it really required? Considering the car will be used in Northern parts of the country accept for a 10 days drive along the coast?

If it is required, is the price quoted ok? Or should i get it done elsewhere?

Thanks.
Don't waste money on Waxoyl. 5.5K for underbody alone is horribly expensive !

3M/Teflon underbody treatments are available for a cheaper price.

Which car ?
Old 6th September 2009, 18:36   #96
BHPian

@mithun, thanks for your response. You just saved my 5-10k. My car is Honda Jazz. About to take delivery in two days.
Old 7th September 2009, 09:37   #97
knp
BHPian

hi friends, I am giving my i10 for first sevice on tomorrow at Trident, Hosur road and also, want to get this 3M underbody coating done.
Do any of you have the experience in getting this done from Trident and how much it costs?
appreciate your inputs
Old 7th September 2009, 10:28   #98
BANNED

Modern cars have adequate anti rust treatments from the factory. So unless you are in an extremely high corrosion location (say parking seaside with constant spray) you do not need the treatment at all.

But the you pay your money and take your choice.
Old 7th September 2009, 11:30   #99

underbody rust/corrosion protection

Dear All

I too was quoted Rs. 5500 by the authorised Honda service centre for underbody protection with 3 year warranty.. I am not sure which product I think it was 3M .. I found it a bit expensive, (my local car accesories guy quoted Rs. 2000) but since i live in Mumbai, lot of rain, flooding, seaside etc.. so I thought better get it done.. especially since they would do a check of the coating every six months when the car goes for servicing.

So it got it done .. Rs. 5500 for 3 year protection of a 10L car, is not a very bad deal... though of course, whether it is required or not at all, is debatable. I tried finding out alternate sources in Mumbai, who can reliably do a good job at cheaper price, but was un-successful to find anybody who could even offer it to me .. except for my car accessories guy -- and he does not even have a proper car jack to raise the car and do the job properly.. he said the person would crawl under the car on the ground and do the application.. not very convincing..

Peter
Old 7th September 2009, 21:20   #100
BHPian

RNS motors in Bangalore done the 3M coating for my 2007 esteem vxi for Rs 3850 with 5years warranty in 2007 with the inspection chart showing the inspection dates for every 6 months.

i feel 5.5K is more on higher side.
Old 7th September 2009, 22:12   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramp View Post
RNS motors in Bangalore done the 3M coating for my 2007 esteem vxi for Rs 3850 with 5years warranty in 2007 with the inspection chart showing the inspection dates for every 6 months.

i feel 5.5K is more on higher side.
Look at it. Firstly my dealer is asking a higher price of 5.5k. That too with only one year warranty against three to five years which everybody here has been talking about. He never mentioned anything about periodical inspections.

Thank god I joined Team-BHP in time! Saved a couple of thousands.
Old 8th September 2009, 09:24   #102
knp
BHPian

Today, I gave my i10 for first service at Trident, Hosur road. Also, i asked for 3M underbody coating, where they are charging 3100/- and now, there is some special offer of 20% on the accessories..also, getting the Engine ...also, getting the Engine bay waxing from 3M again..which would cost around 650/-.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:08   #103
BHPian

I was quoted 3750+10% VAT for 3M under body anti-rust coating with 5yr warranty, for my Chevy Aveo 1.4 that I am taking delivery today.
Old 2nd October 2009, 09:32   #104
BANNED

WAXOYL underbody protector & 120-4 cavity protector

SUNDARAM chennai suggest WAXOYL Hardwax underbody protector costing
2900 & WAXOYL 120-4 cavity protector costing 2200 for spark .They say that cavity protector ensures protection to cavity areas where paint does not reach and does help maintains vehicle's structural integrity.

Has anyone done this. how worthy are these during rainy season.is there
any other place at chennai where this can be done.TIA.
Old 28th October 2009, 21:11   #105
Senior - BHPian

Which is the best place to get it done in Bangalore ? ( in first page read as HOTTRACKS , is it still the best or any other best place to get it done)

Is it only rubber coat or any other coats , like first the base paint and then rubber coat, how many layers ?

Any pictures of coat/while coating guys ?

Last edited by black12rr : 28th October 2009 at 21:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks