Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:20   #211
BANNED

re: Underbody treatment / Anti-rust coating for the car

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff: Post deleted. Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on the board.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd November 2011 at 18:16.
dinitrol is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th December 2011, 23:38   #212
BHPian

Maxi Care

I have spent quite a while searching the forum and the web about Maxi Care under body coating being provided by Mahindra dealers. Except for few reference in ownership reports there is nothing much out there.

So is it that Maxi Care is not a good deal that there is no info or does it go by some other name...

Can someone please provide some insight...
Old 8th December 2011, 19:26   #213
BHPian

Ok decison made, rather play safe than sorry and the couple of input I got from TBHPians was not encouraging about MaxiCare (FUCOT). so decided to go with 3M...
Old 4th January 2012, 13:58   #214
Team-BHP Support

My friend just bought a Etios.

The toyota folks had promised him a 3M underbody coating. But they messed up. Used something called as higlow underbody chasis coating.
Now they are offering to re-coat with 3M as promised earlier. would it make any sense to recoat 3m on top of higlow coating ?
Old 4th January 2012, 14:25   #215
BHPian

For a brand new car, underbody coating is not required. The original paint is thick enough. The steel is also galvanized. If the vehicle is old or is driven mostly on the coastal line, then it is re-thinkable. If you want to have peace of mind simply, 3M underbody coating is good, nothing harm in it, unless it is done properly. Good job observation is needed as they might miss some spots due to oversight.
Old 29th January 2012, 17:48   #216
BHPian

3 Year old car started rusting

Yesterday I was rerouting the speaker cables of my car and had to remove the panels. Panels could be removed only after removing the door beading .When I removed the rear right door beading ( infact the beading is attached to body) , I was shocked to see a small lump of rust underneath .I scraped it with screwdriver and found that the rust has eaten so much so that there is small hole. I frantically checked other parts and found only this part is rusted.

I was shocked to see this in a 3yr old car which also is parked in a covered garage. I'm quite sure that this is because inferior manufacturing quality else this would not have happened because the car has hardly seen any monsoons.

What should i do next .The area being part of the body shell is not replaceable. Will a fix up job hold for rest of the cars life ,say 5 years or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Underbody treatment / Anti-rust coating for the car-20120128_101839.jpg  

Underbody treatment / Anti-rust coating for the car-20120128_101915.jpg  

Old 29th January 2012, 18:20   #217
BHPian

Re: 3 Year old car started rusting

Hi Bullboy, from your avatar, I guess it's an Ikon.

Reg. the rust, did you check whether there is some chip in the paint? Rust easily creeps in at such instances. And yes, a good patch job should fix it.

Last edited by MalluDude : 29th January 2012 at 18:21.
Old 29th January 2012, 19:07   #218
BHPian

If it is an ikon, then it is not much of a surprise. You can remove the rust and add a protective coating. I have an ikon which has more rust than mercury..
Old 29th January 2012, 19:29   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

It is surprising. Was working on my Ikon over the weekend - all seats are out, and I checked the sheet below the carpet. Nothing in my car.
Old 29th January 2012, 20:36   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Its quite a surprise to see the pictures of the rust.Three years means all warranties by the blessed manufacturer must be passe.
Since this part has started rusting, do check the other rust prone areas under the carpets, especially the floors including the boot area. Also the door insides need to be checked by removing the upholstery/panel.
It calls for rust treatment to prevent further spreading. Wurth Sa Besto has a Stone Chip and Corrosion Protection Spray that is popular with old car lovers like me and others. This one is imported and should be available in your city.
Underbody treatment / Anti-rust coating for the car-wurth-corrosionprotect1.jpg
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 21:07   #221
BHPian

Yes , the car is Ikon TDCI.
All warranties expired this month.

I never expected such a thing in such less time.
I checked boot etc , no rust there . Only this part .I never knew where there was a paint chipping or not.

I'm really scared by seeing this because I believed there was some sort of anti corrosion treatment done to the body by ford or did they skip that as part of cost cutting.

Will take it to the ASC and see what they quote for it.
Old 30th January 2012, 12:22   #222
BHPian

I'm to get delivery of my new Liva in 2 days. As per GTO's advice i was planning to get 3M under body treatment from dealer (Galaxy/Moti Nagar). Please advice if this 3M 'treatment' is same as rubber paint coating?

Also does it include treating wheel wells because they also have been blamed for high NVH in Liva. I want to get it done before dust settles in wheel wells.
Old 30th January 2012, 14:24   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Yes , the car is Ikon TDCI.
I have seen these type of rust on the running board of the old cars. Puzzled to see this. Seen some other posts about rusting on the Figo as well.

bullboy, did you check the bottom of the rear door? How does that look?
Old 30th January 2012, 22:10   #224
BHPian

Moving my 2005 Zen to Goa, what kind of under body treatment is suggested for saline Goan conditions ? Please suggest. This was last done on purchase in 2005.

Last edited by manubhai : 30th January 2012 at 22:13.
Old 1st February 2012, 23:16   #225
BHPian

3M under chasis coating is a total waste . I did it for my OHC for Rs 4000 from HASS they promised me there will be 5 yr warrenty for that . I moved to a different city and the HASS is not ready to do the touch up . 50 % of the coating is already chipped off . Now I have take it to the same dealer which is not possible. Will raise it to 3M . let me see their response . Will share it with you guys

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks