Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 13:35   #151
RGK
Senior - BHPian

My cousin is coming from USA and says that he will bring 3m anticorrosion spray so that I can do for my car. I could not get the exact item and product code. I searched thro 3m site and could not pick the right one. This is for my Figo.
Thanks if somebody can help.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:07   #152
Senior - BHPian

I have taken up my fiesta for first service to ford service station, and there the service rep told me to get the anti rust coating for 3500 and a teflon coat will be given free,
they told me it is from 3M, is it correct, does anyone else also has any experience in this.
Old 11th June 2010, 13:29   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I have taken up my fiesta for first service to ford service station, and there the service rep told me to get the anti rust coating for 3500 and a teflon coat will be given free,
they told me it is from 3M, is it correct, does anyone else also has any experience in this.
Search the forums and read up about teflon coating, then decide for yourself if you would still like to go for it.

For underbody coating, I will recommend waxoyl treatment, again you can search the forums for the details. Call Opulent and get the local dealers contact details. In my opinion it would be the best and most cost effective.
Old 16th June 2010, 13:25   #154
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP View Post
It cost me Rs. 1900 for my swift underbody anti corrosion treatment with 3 yr warranty.
I checked with Vitesse Andheri yesterday. The cost is now Rs. 3200 for the 3M treatment. (AGP wrote his post 4-5 years back).

I have a question about the 3 yr warranty. Do they give you an actual warrany card or something? What are the terms of the warranty? What if there is already some corrosion in your vehicle? How is that covered etc?
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:21   #155
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I checked with Vitesse Andheri yesterday. The cost is now Rs. 3200 for the 3M treatment. (AGP wrote his post 4-5 years back).

I have a question about the 3 yr warranty. Do they give you an actual warrany card or something? What are the terms of the warranty? What if there is already some corrosion in your vehicle? How is that covered etc?
Called Vitesse again - after a week or so. Now they are saying it's Rs. 5500!!!!! Called another MASS, they are quoting Rs. 3000 for the 3M treatment, but they say there is only 1 year warranty on it.
Called up the Dinitrol Center in Andheri/Oshiwara & they are quoting 4500 for Swift with free 6 monthly checkups for 3 years.

Really confused here. Anyone have an idea as to which treatment is preferable & what's the right price for it?
And if it's neccessary at all - my Swift is around 3 years old - this is the first rains when I am driving it in Bombay - it was earlier in Pune.
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:48   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Called Vitesse again - after a week or so. Now they are saying it's Rs. 5500!!!!! Called another MASS, they are quoting Rs. 3000 for the 3M treatment, but they say there is only 1 year warranty on it.
Called up the Dinitrol Center in Andheri/Oshiwara & they are quoting 4500 for Swift with free 6 monthly checkups for 3 years.

Really confused here. Anyone have an idea as to which treatment is preferable & what's the right price for it?
And if it's neccessary at all - my Swift is around 3 years old - this is the first rains when I am driving it in Bombay - it was earlier in Pune.
I got the Dinitrol full body treatment done 2 weeks back from Modi hyundia for 2500+ 10.3% tax = Rs.2820.

procedure is first under-body and engine room wash, pressurized air drying, then left for some time, then coated with a rubbery black oil based layer. it hardens in 5 min.

All 4 doors are also done from inside by opening the panels.
Dinitrol gives 3yr warranty and free touch-up every 6 mths.

I feel its worth the cost.

UM
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:01   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMods View Post
I got the Dinitrol full body treatment done 2 weeks back from Modi hyundia for 2500+ 10.3% tax = Rs.2820.
That's really cheap compared to the quote I got from the Dinitrol Center for the Swift. However, I assume that a Hyundai workshop wouldn't do it for a Maruti vehicle. And MASS do only 3M treatment, I think.

Any idea where I could get Dinitrol done in Mumbai for a Swift other than the Dinitrol Center in Andheri - I would prefer either Andheri West or Mulund/Bhandup Area.
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:36   #158
BHPian

Quote:

Call 'Opulent' for Waxoyl Underbody treatment and get the nearest dealer's contact information. Waxoyl is good and you can read about it in these forums from people who have got it done. It is not in the Rs. 5000/= area, I think about Rs. 3500/= more likely. Genuine stuff done by professionals.
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:04   #159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroThoughts View Post
Call 'Opulent' for Waxoyl Underbody treatment and get the nearest dealer's contact information. Waxoyl is good and you can read about it in these forums from people who have got it done. It is not in the Rs. 5000/= area, I think about Rs. 3500/= more likely. Genuine stuff done by professionals.
Called up Opulent in Pune & they gave me the number of someone in Bombay. The Bombay guy said that it costs Rs. 3900 & has a 5 year warranty.

However, he said that he works out Tata & Ford Authorised service centres in Bombay. However, those workshops won't allow a Maruti to be serviced there. However, he said that he would arrange for his chaps to get my car done at some private garage or petrol pump.
For 3900, he will do the first 2 things here
Opulent
the cavity protection & underbody treatment.
He said it would take around an hour.

However, I am little skeptical because he may not have any experience with Maruti cars - any opinions as to whether it's safe to get this done by him.

Also, how does the Waxoyl treatment compare to 3M, Dinitrol, Wurth etc?

Last edited by carboy : 22nd June 2010 at 14:11.
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:35   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Called up Opulent in Pune & they gave me the number of someone in Bombay. The Bombay guy said that it costs Rs. 3900 & has a 5 year warranty.

However, he said that he works out Tata & Ford Authorised service centres in Bombay. However, those workshops won't allow a Maruti to be serviced there. However, he said that he would arrange for his chaps to get my car done at some private garage or petrol pump.
For 3900, he will do the first 2 things here
Opulent
the cavity protection & underbody treatment.
He said it would take around an hour.

However, I am little skeptical because he may not have any experience with Maruti cars - any opinions as to whether it's safe to get this done by him.

Also, how does the Waxoyl treatment compare to 3M, Dinitrol, Wurth etc?
That is how they work at most places. It is their own staff who do the job but operate out of various dealers service centres. They claim that in this manner they keep total control of the quality of the product and the quality of the job. I had got my Hyundai i10 & Honda City done in a similar fashion from a Ford outlet. Their job is very good.
Regards Waxoyl, you can do a search on the forums and you will find enough number of good & positive responses. I went in for this treatment after doing a similar search and evaluating all the options.
Rs. 3900 for the two seems OK. I got all three services done at about Rs. 6500, i.e. Cavity Protection, Underbody & Paint Protection.

Last edited by ZeroThoughts : 23rd June 2010 at 16:44.
Old 23rd June 2010, 22:41   #161
BANNED

Modern cars have enough underbody treatment as standard. If you are in a very high corrosion area like the coast then a good treatment like Dinitrol may be desirable. Remember this is not just underbody, but also sills, doors, etc.
Old 23rd June 2010, 22:45   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I could not get the exact item and product code..
Its called rubberised cement or something like that. many cars already have it in the toeboard crossmember area where stone hit is maximum. Its the black gooey stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Underbody coating is very very useful for its acoustic insulation. hitting noise by the stones/sands will get greatly reduced.
Yup, in addition to softening the noise, it will prevent the sharp rocks from tearing thru the paint and causing rust spots.
Old 26th June 2010, 17:40   #163
BANNED

Sent email to 3M asking them why different Maruti dealers were charging different prices & what's the nearest place where I can get the treatment done.
3M responded promptly - gave me couple of choices out of which I went to Ravi Automobiles (MASS) in Chembur.

The price they had was
- 1800 + taxes -> Underbody treatment + 2 years warranty + 4 checkups
- 900 + taxes -> Engine treatment
- 3200 + taxes -> Underbody + Engine + 5 year warranty + 10 free checkups.

I got the 1800 + taxes underbody treatment.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2010, 22:37   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey, got under body treatment for my Dzire during 2nd service(two weeks ago). Got it done from MASS only, cost me 2600 or 2700 (can't remember properly), it comes with 5 -year warranty!! It's not from 3M, its from MASS. Checked my under body, there is a thick black rubber coat.
Old 24th August 2010, 14:07   #165
Senior - BHPian

is there a difference between the anti rust coating and under body treatment coating, since the anti rust must be a thin coat and there is a reference of a rubberized coat in this thread, is it something else, Ford service station has offered me a 3M anti rust coating at 3500 where one teflon coating will be given Free.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks