Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2011, 20:23   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership

Another case -

in the second video, hear what the guy says when it nears 2:37 -

I should have bought a mahindra instead, that would have been better... This is the SECOND time, I am tired of this man!

Note: Even the above car is brand new.

Last edited by GTO : 18th November 2011 at 11:54. Reason: STRICTLY no abusive language on this forum
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 20:30   #107
BHPian

I feel for the guy. The clutch pedal has broken! When was the last time you saw such a thing happen?

No one would expect his/her car to break down this soon. Specially if one spends hard earned 14+lacs on it. There are many cars out there which would keep their owners happy throughout the ownership.
Not sure about the Mahindra, but Toyota would have definitely kept this guy happy.

Last edited by DeKay : 17th November 2011 at 20:32.
Old 17th November 2011, 21:28   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
No man same parts failed over and over. BMS module took them more than 5 days to rectify, each time a more technical team worked on it. Failure of 15 different parts is not acceptable. Now they are changing both clutch plates and pressure plates, awaiting delivery of them from Tata Motors.
Oh ok. May be I missed it but didnt recollect seeing 15 different parts being replaced in the service records. I get a feeling that the ASC folks are incompetent for this vehicle with the BMS and were trying the age old trial and error method or did 15 different BMS modules actually fail. That apart, a brake disc replacement or a clutch/pressure plate overhaul/reassembly shouldnt take more than a couple of days (atleast for a 2WD dont know of the intricasies of 4WD)

If you are planning to keep your vehicle then probably you should move to another ASC though TASC are notoriously consistent at providing inconsistent service.

On a lighter note, things happen even too other premium brands, take a look at this interesting thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian... German cars!) or for that matter read through GTO's ownership report if you have the time. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...update-10.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
I feel for the guy. The clutch pedal has broken! When was the last time you saw such a thing happen?
Happened to me a few months ago, fiesta, the pedal in itself probably isnt broken; there is a bolt which usually held with a flimsy(in a fiesta) lock nut/clip which does give away. I didnt have to cart the car then, called for assistance, the mechanic basically took some wire are looped it around the bolt & pedal to keep the pedal in place. Eventually replaced the lock nut/clip at the ASC. The mechanic at the ASC said let the wireloop remain as a added safety measure!.
ps: mine was not a brand new vehicle

Last edited by Eddy : 27th June 2018 at 14:42. Reason: Merged
Old 18th November 2011, 00:04   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
I strongly suggest the thread starter put up the invoices related to the multiple failures that the two ARIAs have gone through before this thread turns into a TATA bashing thread.

i'm not doubting you but you will have skeptical people because you haven't uploaded any pictures/invoices in the opening post.which wont be that hard to source,because we've had a lot of unnecessary brand bashing when it comes to desi brands
@raj:

I also strongly suggest that you put up some evidence to show that these you tube videos were not doctored to bash a *desi* brand.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 09:50   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@raj:

I also strongly suggest that you put up some evidence to show that these you tube videos were not doctored to bash a *desi* brand.
I strongly suspect something fishy here. If it's geniune case, I doubt why Tata wouldn't replace/pacify them, especially after all the -ve publicity they got with Nano fire.
There should be more evidence on the Job card, invoice from service center where these were replaced/acknowledged.
Old 18th November 2011, 09:57   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I strongly suspect something fishy here. If it's geniune case, I doubt why Tata wouldn't replace/pacify them, especially after all the -ve publicity they got with Nano fire.
Don't you think that this is a bit too much, I'm really shocked that you are not trusting the OP of this thread, psbali, zappex and now even the guy in the video!

I mean do you really feel that all these people have no job but to bash a product...Sheesh!!
Furebo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 10:00   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@raj:

This was forwarded to me by a friend who found this on youtube.

You can ask the guy who uploaded the video in youtube for evidence as I dont realize how I can give you evidence, it is not my car.

also, i dont think that he is bashing a brand because it is 'desi' as he was okay with a mahindra product & even mahindra is a 'desi' brand.

secondly, why would someone need to do all this just to bash a brand? break the clutch followed by getting the car towed & then making a video of it & uploading it... if it is so, then he definitely has all the time in this world!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 18th November 2011 at 10:03.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 10:32   #113
Senior - BHPian

To be honest, I cannot understand why the OP is not pushing for replacement of both vehicles. Indian21r - any specific reason why you are not aggressively pursuing this option?

Was there any heavy discounting on both these cars by Wasan during the initial purchase? Sorry if this is a stupid question but your initial booking & purchase experience is too sketchy (unless I'm missing something).

Last edited by suman : 18th November 2011 at 10:33.
Old 18th November 2011, 11:22   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
I'm really surprised how people can keep asking about the quality of roads the Aria has been run on, the type of driving, the no of kms run, the fact that its an advanced car with electronic features never seen before, etc....Come on, its not rocket science, clutch failure, brake failure, and on 2 vehicles which basically ply on the Bombay Pune expressway, and forget about the failures, look at the service standards, and this for a premium vehicle. Really sad.
Infact this is surprising me also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Another case - in the second video, hear what the guy says when it nears 2:37. - Even the above car is brand new.
Sad to hear that. bad to be stranded with such issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Oh ok. May be I missed it but didnt recollect seeing 15 different parts being replaced in the service records. I get a feeling that the ASC folks are incompetent for this vehicle with the BMS and were trying the age old trial and error method or did 15 different BMS modules actually fail. In Pg 4 one of the Team Bhpians has listed out the issues

That apart, a brake disc replacement or a clutch/pressure plate overhaul/reassembly shouldnt take more than a couple of days inconsistent service. For this they need spares which Tata Motors does not seem to have

On a lighter note, things happen even too other premium brands, take a look at this interesting thread Even if it is Nano or a Merc or Rolls Royce, I expect the cars to be reliable. One of breakdown is acceptable but not repeated breakdowns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
There should be more evidence on the Job card, invoice from service center where these were replaced/acknowledged.
Do you mean my case or the youtube videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Don't you think that this is a bit too much, I'm really shocked that you are not trusting the OP of this thread, psbali, zappex and now even the guy in the video!
I mean do you really feel that all these people have no job but to bash a product...Sheesh!!
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
To be honest, I cannot understand why the OP is not pushing for replacement of both vehicles. any specific reason why you are not aggressively pursuing this option?
Was there any heavy discounting on both these cars by Wasan during the initial purchase? Sorry if this is a stupid question but your initial booking & purchase experience is too sketchy (unless I'm missing something).
Nope not much. Infact I was getting higher discounts from other vendors. But chose Wasan as he was close to our office. We have asked for replacement first time. But did not push much for it as my Group has good relationship with the Tata Group. That is why I we are going slow. But there is a limit to patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
This was forwarded to me by a friend who found this on Youtube. You can ask the guy who uploaded the video in Youtube for evidence as I dont realize how I can give you evidence, it is not my car. Also, i dont think that he is bashing a brand because it is 'desi' as he was okay with a mahindra product & even mahindra is a 'desi' brand.

secondly, why would someone need to do all this just to bash a brand? break the clutch followed by getting the car towed & then making a video of it & uploading it... if it is so, then he definitely has all the time in this world!
Full agree with you man. Why would people waste time to write bad about a brand unless they feel shortchanged.

Last edited by indian21r : 18th November 2011 at 11:28.
Old 18th November 2011, 11:30   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
To be honest, I cannot understand why the OP is not pushing for replacement of both vehicles. Indian21r - any specific reason why you are not aggressively pursuing this option?

Guys,
It's a company car, not Rahul's. There would be a good number of people responsible for decisions like those (replacement of car, selling it off). While he has been instrumental in the decision making of purchasal of this car, I doubt if his say would be taken as the final call (for selling etc); as the responsibility would lie with a different department entirely.

@4x4addict, @harishpr - try to understand the situation; if he really wanted to go on a Tata bashing route, he would have put this up long back when the first problem came up. Trust the person & try to give suggestions that would help him rather than him take up activities to "prove" his case. (same is the case for the youtube video) Remember the OP pushed for a Tata over a Toyota or M&M.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 18th November 2011 at 11:33.
Old 18th November 2011, 11:33   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Guys,
It's a company car, not Rahul's. There would have been a good number of people responsible for decisions like those (replacement of car, selling it off). While he has been instrumental in the decision making of purchasal of this car, I doubt if his say would be taken as the final call (for selling etc); as the responsibility would lie with a different department entirely.
I think you missed my point - I'm referring to pushing TML to replace these with New Arias. That's different from "selling etc".

I don't see why any Company would have a problem pushing the manufacturer to replace defective cars with New Ones? Could you enlighten me ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
We have asked for replacement first time. But did not push much for it as my Group has good relationship with the Tata Group. That is why I we are going slow. But there is a limit to patience.
All the more surprising - I would have thought the replacement would have come through by now!

Last edited by suman : 18th November 2011 at 11:34.
Old 18th November 2011, 11:55   #117
BHPian

Dealers and manufacturers rarely dish out replacements. It is the last of the last resorts. If one looks at TBHP itself then we will find several threads where the company replaced costly parts or gave out other favors but at least I am yet to come across a thread where the company replaced the vehicle.

On the contrary there are numerous threads where the sufferrers have heaped all the negative publicity that they can on the dealer and manufacturer but even then no replacement came through.
Old 18th November 2011, 12:15   #118
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I think you missed my point - I'm referring to pushing TML to replace these with New Arias. That's different from "selling etc".

I don't see why any Company would have a problem pushing the manufacturer to replace defective cars with New Ones? Could you enlighten me ?

All the more surprising - I would have thought the replacement would have come through by now!
+ 1 to what Suman Said Above. if your company has good relations with Tata;s , that make getting a replacement more simpler as the onus to keep them good lies on both sides. they surely know that your co will give them more business unlike a individual .

As for Video;s goes, first one is highly suspicious . I see it as a attempt to malign TATA's reputation . they have carefully edited it .
Old 18th November 2011, 12:22   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Dealers and manufacturers rarely dish out replacements.
Perhaps. However (fortunately or unfortunately), the only thing that seems to galvanize manufacturers into realizing that the Customer will not take things lying down is this kind of pressure to replace. They will perhaps go that extra mile to ensure satisfaction.

Besides, Indian21r's company have good relations with the house of TATAs so who knows
Old 18th November 2011, 13:36   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The post wasn't specific to yours - a lot of people have been questioning the OP about why isn't he disposing of the car.
My bad, shouldn't have quoted you.

Quote:
Reason being pretty much the same point which you just reposted here. Although even I find it bit surprising that they haven't pushed for a replacement even though they have a good relation with TML. Probably at the higher level some decision has been taken at their end, only the OP can tell.

But I still find it weird that people are still questioning the OP's intent after all his clarifications!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks