Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2013, 00:26   #331
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Amaze would have to compete with Sail for sure, unless it is priced significantly lower than Sail which is next to impossible.
On an average, a sedan gets priced around 50,000-70,000 more than the hatcback version. If we see the case of the Sail, the sedan is priced at a price of just 50,000 over the base U-VA. If we see the starting price of the Brio, it is around 4.1 lakhs so if Honda charges a price of Rs.50,000-60,000 on the hatchback variants, it could get priced in the sub-Sail bracket as well. And seeing that it would be a bit better performer than the Sail, performance enthusiasts might just like the Amaze.
Old 19th February 2013, 22:30   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I agree with zenren, if you look at SAIL, the mid variant of hatchback and base variant of Sedan are closely priced. GM already had a good petrol and diesel engine in their kitty so they could competitively price the 2 Sail brothers. Hyundai have no product for mini sedan and TATA has a confused bunch of variants. Honda will have to compete with GM and Maruti for this segment. The Sail is definitely a bigger car than Dzire or Amaze, so its an interesting battle to happen soon.
Yup the bar has certainly been raised by Sail. But Honda knows pretty well that the road aint rosy for them so they will for sure price it below the Sail and they might just omit the Honda premium theey usually charge.
Old 19th February 2013, 23:10   #333
BHPian

Not sure. Honda with its premium image (and pricing even just above Dzire) would still be preferred over Dzire, what with its waiting periods. The road is probably more tough for Sail, even with its good looks ! time will tell of course
Old 20th February 2013, 08:59   #334
BANNED

With the strong presence of DZire and upcoming Hyundai compact sedan (source: http://goaonwheels.com/upcoming-mode...on-hb-platform), it will be a very hard fight between these 3. DZire for sure can't maintain the current numbers, but may still be able to keep the lead just like how Swift is keeping its fort. Hyundai may win the aesthetics department, Honda the brand image and Maruti the overall numbers!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-maruti_new_dzire_ext_323.jpg  

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-hondaamaze4.jpg  

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-hyundaihbsedan600x324.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 20th February 2013 at 09:03.
romeomidhun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 12:28   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
With the strong presence of DZire and upcoming Hyundai compact sedan (source: http://goaonwheels.com/upcoming-mode...on-hb-platform), it will be a very hard fight between these 3.
The model shown (Hyundai) in the pic is definitely over 4m length. There is no way they can get such a sloping rear windscreen and a boot within 4m length.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 14:42   #336
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
The model shown (Hyundai) in the pic is definitely over 4m length. There is no way they can get such a sloping rear windscreen and a boot within 4m length.
Yes, it is an artist's impression only.

Here's the most probable Hyundai product:

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/02/h...n-brazil-64371

Looks like a Verna, and is lengthier than 4m, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-hyundaihb20sedanflagra1.jpg  

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-hyundaihb20sedanflagra3.jpg  

Old 20th February 2013, 21:40   #337
BHPian

So the Amaze sedan is coming in April and petrol model is also being launched. Now the competition will heat up for Maruti as SAIL sedan is already in market. I just hope Honda doesn't screw up on pricing and price themselves out of the market. They don't have a big volume seller so far and should pitch it to sell above 6-7000 units per month.

Last edited by rock75 : 20th February 2013 at 22:00.
Old 21st February 2013, 01:18   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
So the Amaze sedan is coming in April and petrol model is also being launched. Now the competition will heat up for Maruti as SAIL sedan is already in market. I just hope Honda doesn't screw up on pricing and price themselves out of the market. They don't have a big volume seller so far and should pitch it to sell above 6-7000 units per month.
I believe they will price it will. They dont really have an option but to do thhat as a matter of fact. Sail has surely brought some aggressive pricing wit it and Honda will need to pull off a blinder to severely dent the Dzire's sales. Seeing that there is way out other than this, this indeed seems to be the only option.
Old 21st February 2013, 11:36   #339
BHPian

Here is the link to article published in ET today.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/18601977.cms

Even according to them, the only way Honda can stay in the game is to price the Amaze aggressively targeting Dzire. So would this mean definitely not as competitive as Sail?
Also, the all aluminium engine should definitely boost the FE.
Old 21st February 2013, 12:09   #340
BHPian

I wish they price it slightly lower and it will look good for Honda. The all aluminium engine bit seems attractive. More durability, weight reduction of the engine and longevity ? I liked the brio except for its wierd glass rear and this looks good on paper. Looks like i might just go and pick this one up.
Old 21st February 2013, 14:34   #341
BHPian

sorry to go OT..but i really hope honda does its homework with respect to ground clearance on the amaze...apart frm pricing this is my only real worry...
Old 21st February 2013, 22:19   #342
BHPian

This surely looks as a killer combination. I've always been a big (i mean.. BIG) fan of Honda's engines. They just don't know to make bad engines. Eagerly waiting how they fare on this fiercely competitive segment. Not gonna be a cakewalk though.
Old 22nd February 2013, 22:37   #343
BHPian

IMHO, these things can make Honda THE player in India (this segment):

1. Competitive pricing
2. Good FE
3. 1.5 Diesel with 5 speed AT
4. Good Service Support

They are very capable of doing all of the above. Let's see whether they can do it with Amaze!
Old 26th February 2013, 15:54   #344
BHPian

Mod team note: Post edited for readability, usage of punctuation marks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
IMHO, these things can make Honda THE player in India (this segment):

1. Competitive pricing
====================
They are very capable of doing all of the above. Let's see whether they can do it with Amaze!
Apparently advance booking for the amaze has started in bangalore, though the staff of 2 different dealers quoted different amounts (max.Rs.50,000). They made it very clear that they had no idea about the specs or price or date of launch of the vehicle.

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th February 2013 at 17:07. Reason: [B]Mod team note: Post edited for readability, usage of punctuation marks.[/B]
Old 26th February 2013, 23:38   #345
Senior - BHPian

OT. I am waiting to see a 90bhp Dezire from MUL to take on the Amaze. That's the only reason I am waiting for the ugly Amaze.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks