Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2013, 18:49   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

I got "Coming Soon" mailer from Honda for the car today... & Motor Vikatan says it will be launched on 18th April 2013.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 21:04   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
OT. I am waiting to see a 90bhp Dezire from MUL to take on the Amaze. That's the only reason I am waiting for the ugly Amaze.
Lol..I dont think so we can expect a 90 ps dzire. This is because Maruti focuses on efficiency and if the car comes with a 90 bhp engine, it will be a bigger motor and its efficiency will drop. And mate, Amaze is ugly? you kiddin me? Then Dzire is like ugly :P Amaze looks proper and dzire looks improper from the side profile.

Note from Support - Post edited. SMS lingo is strictly prohibited. Please avoid slang and sms word usage such as u for you, den for then, etc. Please read the forum rules here before posting any further.

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st March 2013 at 08:54.
Old 27th February 2013, 21:21   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_dce View Post
Lol..I dont think so we can expect a 90 ps dzire. This is cz Maruti focuses on efficiency and if the car comes with a 90 bhp engine, it will be a bigger motor and its efficiency will drop. And mate, Amaze is ugly? u kiddin me? Den Dzire is like fugly :P Amaze looks proper and dzire looks improper from the side profile.
Well..the motor is the same 1.3L. If you look at the Punto , Fiat claims a higher FE figure for the 90 engine

And yeah , for me both the Amaze and the Dezire look ugly
Old 28th February 2013, 15:59   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Well..the motor is the same 1.3L. If you look at the Punto , Fiat claims a higher FE figure for the 90 engine

And yeah , for me both the Amaze and the Dezire look ugly
Hey,everybody is entitled to their opinions,so lets leave it at that. People had strong reservations on the styling of the swift when it was launched. Today MS are laughing all the way to the bank, lets give the AMAZE a fair chance to strut its stuff before we start judging. You never know what the geniuses at honda will come up with.

Also, the current D'zire is going to be phased out by the year end and replaced by a new model acc. to information gleaned from sources at maruti. So your 90 bhp d'zire dream will be just that, A DREAM!
Old 28th February 2013, 18:29   #350
Senior - BHPian

Wow ! Didn't know MUL would be phasing out a model within 2 years of its launch ! Looks like you have some confidential insider info from MUL. Please tell us more.

About the Amaze , I never mentioned anything about its performance. Personally , going by these pics ,it's definitely ugly for me.
Old 28th February 2013, 18:43   #351
Team-BHP Support

I very seriously doubt the Dzire will be anywhere near phasing out. Remember this is the same MUL that sells the Estilo and Alto still. Heck they still sell the old Dzire as a cab option.

There are plenty of rumours and when it comes to Maruti we should take it with a bucket of salt. The only surprise from Maruti has been the Ertiga.
Old 28th February 2013, 18:50   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Nishath View Post
the current D'zire is going to be phased out by the year end and replaced by a new model acc. to information gleaned from sources at maruti.
I think Dzire would just get a facelift and not get phased out so soon. Its been only a year since the New Dzire has been in the market.

Quote:
About the Amaze , I never mentioned anything about its performance. Personally , going by these pics ,it's definitely ugly for me.
Boss , Could you please tell me which car looks beautiful in that segment? At this price range buyer is looking more at practicality + VFM . The recently launched Chevy Sail seems to be a better looking than most of the cars in that price range. IMHO Amaze rear looks better than the Dzire.
Old 28th February 2013, 18:53   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Also, the current D'zire is going to be phased out by the year end and replaced by a new model acc. to information gleaned from sources at maruti. So your 90 bhp d'zire dream will be just that, A DREAM!
I doubt that. What I read is that they will have a new (proper) sedan (probably on the same platform) which will sit above Dzire but below SX4! So your info may be accurate on the new sedan, but may NOT be right on the phase out part.

With the kind of numbers ( & profit) Dzire enjoys, I don't think Maruti will bother to phase it out. If they do, that will be dumbest of the ideas.

Edit:: SORRY, I just realised this is the Amaze thread & NOT the Dzire thread!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 28th February 2013 at 18:57.
Old 28th February 2013, 19:08   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post

I think Dzire would just get a facelift and not get phased out so soon. Its been only a year since the New Dzire has been in the market.

Boss , Could you please tell me which car looks beautiful in that segment? At this price range buyer is looking more at practicality + VFM . The recently launched Chevy Sail seems to be a better looking than most of the cars in that price range. IMHO Amaze rear looks better than the Dzire.
Agree 101% on the VFM aspect. And at this point , when I only have the pics to look at , I can give my feedback only about the looks. I can say more about it being a perfect VFM only after I drive it. So for now , the Amaze for me is Ugly in the pics.

If someone feels its the best looking car in the world , no ones stopping you from using it as your desktop wallpaper.

Lets not turn this into a Car A vs Car B thread.
Old 28th February 2013, 23:13   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I doubt that. What I read is that they will have a new (proper) sedan (probably on the same platform) which will sit above Dzire but below SX4! So your info may be accurate on the new sedan, but may NOT be right on the phase out part.

With the kind of numbers ( & profit) Dzire enjoys, I don't think Maruti will bother to phase it out. If they do, that will be dumbest of the ideas.

u got it spot on..i scoured the auto car website for more information for the sub 4 metre CS a sales rep at a maruti dealer in bangalore was talking about..am posting the image here..i apologize for the storm my previous post caused..
Attached Images

Old 1st March 2013, 00:21   #356
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd March 2013 at 12:21.
rohit_dce is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd March 2013, 00:37   #357
BHPian

Quote:
u got it spot on..i scoured the auto car website for more information for the sub 4 metre CS a sales rep at a maruti dealer in bangalore was talking about..am posting the image here..i apologize for the storm my previous post caused..
IMO, this looks like the new SX4. If you can notice the protrusion near the rear boot,only the SX4 has a boot shape like that.
Old 2nd March 2013, 00:54   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

The Dzire is like Maruti's 3rd or 4th best selling car..They surely would not phase it out. But what might just happen with the Amaze getting launched is that the people would start taking to Honda and Suzuki will be forced to rethink their strategy regarding the Dzire.
Old 2nd March 2013, 14:48   #359
BHPian

I just read this article: LINK

Any ideas whether this may be authentic?
Old 2nd March 2013, 23:59   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
I just read this article: LINK

Any ideas whether this may be authentic?
Yes, this is pretty much true. From what i have heard, amaze will be launched around 15-20 april.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks