Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2013, 23:46   #361
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
I just read this article: LINK

Any ideas whether this may be authentic?
I don't think so. I read somewhere that the EcoSport is lined up for 18th of April. So reports are just reports. It is true that the car will get launched in April but other than that, everything is just a speculation.
Old 4th March 2013, 22:46   #362
BHPian

Pretty bad timing for Honda to launch Amaze sedan. At a time when sales are falling for most manufacturers and Chevrolet and Tata are announcing price cuts, Honda will have to think twice before charging any premium for Amaze. Had they launched it last year when sales were buoyant, they would have faced little trouble! It's bad news for Maruti, chevy and tata too as Amaze will take a share of the already shrinking pie. I think it is going to be a buyer's market this year.

Keeping fingers crossed for the launch pricing!

Last edited by rock75 : 4th March 2013 at 22:47.
Old 5th March 2013, 00:03   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
Pretty bad timing for Honda to launch Amaze sedan. At a time when sales are falling for most manufacturers and Chevrolet and Tata are announcing price cuts, Honda will have to think twice before charging any premium for Amaze. Had they launched it last year when sales were buoyant, they would have faced little trouble! It's bad news for Maruti, chevy and tata too as Amaze will take a share of the already shrinking pie. I think it is going to be a buyer's market this year.

Keeping fingers crossed for the launch pricing!
They surely would not charge a premium for it. They are going up against Maruti Suzuki and that company is known for products that are VFM personified. Now Honda has to beat Maruti at their game so they would indeed make sure that they get the pricing right.
Old 7th March 2013, 00:45   #364
BHPian

I'm surprised there still aren't any "caught testing" snaps or videos of the Honda Amaze yet!!can't wait for april..
Old 7th March 2013, 01:01   #365
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajanvr View Post
April launch of the new brio seems affirmative. The sales person from magnum called me back and told me this info, that the new brio upgrade is happening, based on customer feedback and have promised vehicle delivery from month of April.. he was also hinting on a new gearbox....? Puzzled though.
That sounds interesting. I was going to buy a Brio shortly. Now I will wait till April. Any idea if it would get a gearbox like the Amaze because that will get launched in April as well.
Old 7th March 2013, 10:24   #366
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Some features & specs leaked:

Link to news item
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 10:42   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Some features & specs leaked:

Link to news item
Will they launch Diesel along with Petrol or this is going to be a petrol only launch to start with ?
Old 7th March 2013, 10:45   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope they release the automatic version at the time of launch itself. Any news if dealers are taking booking for the same already ?
Old 7th March 2013, 10:51   #369
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Link mentions that they are shipping mainly petrols right now, but would the bookings not be for mainly diesel. For any car with both petrol and diesel options it has always been the diesel varient that sells more (expecially in this segment) so it seems odd for Honda to be shipping more petrols at the start. The stock split would not match the demand split.
Old 7th March 2013, 10:54   #370
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yep, the car will be launched with the diesel engine, and the petrol + AT option.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 11:00   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, with the recent news, I am not sure whether Amaze will escape with a premium over Dzire?! I would have happily paid a pemium for a 100 bp engine with 25 kmpl FE. Now I would reconsider if the engine is ~85 bhp and FE ~ 23 kmpl. There is NOT much difference over Dzire save for the space. I believe Dzire may end up having better kit on the top variant though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Will they launch Diesel along with Petrol or this is going to be a petrol only launch to start with ?
I was told by a dealership guy that the first shipping will be ONLY petrols and I had shared it on this thread. Looks like they are bang ON. I was told they will get the first truck with 9 petrol cars and should be in Mar 1st week, which may not be right.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th March 2013 at 11:03.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 11:03   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I was told by a dealership guy that the first shipping will be ONLY petrols and I had shared it on this thread. Looks like they are bang ON. I was told they will get the first truck with 9 petrol cars and should be in Mar 1st week, which may not be right.
So you are that Staunch supporter
Tough times for Auto industry, silver lining is that All auto makers will give their best shot this year. Good times for those who are looking to buy/change cars.
Old 7th March 2013, 11:05   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
So you are that Staunch supporter ...
NO NO! I got the info 2-3 weeks back, but could NEVER verify since the info came from a dealership. I was also told that Honda had asked to commence official booking for petrol ONLY with a 1L down payment.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th March 2013 at 11:07.
Old 7th March 2013, 11:29   #374
BANNED

Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_dce View Post
That sounds interesting. I was going to buy a Brio shortly. Now I will wait till April. Any idea if it would get a gearbox like the Amaze because that will get launched in April as well.
I doubt whether the Amaze will come with an AT option to start with. Even more so, I expect the D to be launched first with the P to follow.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 11:35   #375
Senior - BHPian

Hope the ABS and Airbags will be standard across all variants like they did for the Honda City. And the pricing I guess would be spot on to get good sales. The introduction of a petrol AT is a good move too as right now its only the Dzire which has this in the price range.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks