Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2022, 22:48   #1096
BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Update: Got the HU version updated to MD-0921(Sept 21 release).

Mine is on the December '20 version. I got my car in September '21and last time I went for service (2nd one), they told me that there were no updates since I got my car.

P.S: I've placed an order for the 2022 facelift version alloys and suspension last Friday at the nearby MASS. They told me it will be here in 20-30 days time. I need to get new tyres too.
Attached Thumbnails
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img_20220709_223957.jpg  

Last edited by jalex77 : 9th July 2022 at 22:50.
jalex77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 19:09   #1097
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalex77 View Post
Mine is on the December '20 version. I got my car in September '21and last time I went for service (2nd one), they told me that there were no updates since I got my car.
Post December 20, there have been two updates, MD-0421 and MD-0921. There is also MD-1221 which is on newer cars, but it's not yet available for service teams.

Quote:
P.S: I've placed an order for the 2022 facelift version alloys and suspension last Friday at the nearby MASS. They told me it will be here in 20-30 days time. I need to get new tyres too.
Awesome, can't wait to see the output. If memory serves me right, yours is a Premium Silver XL6, should be quite unique with the new setup. Do treat us with the pics once it's done.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 19:31   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
The whole engine block is shifting! Is this normal while changing from N to D or R? Service guy says engine bed rubber is broken. I don't have much faith in the Bimal guy. Shashi, others Please share your knowledge! Thank you.
Dear all, I finally got the engine bedding mount replaced under the extended warranty. Cost noted was around 2500/-.
Now shifts between N to R and to D are smoother. However I can still see the whole engine block shifting on its axis. The WM said it is normal when direction of movement changes. I m not convinced yet. But surely the engine is feeling smoother.
rich_heart is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 20:16   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Post December 20, there have been two updates, MD-0421 and MD-0921.

Awesome, can't wait to see the output. If memory serves me right, yours is a Premium Silver XL6, should be quite unique with the new setup. Do treat us with the pics once it's done.

Regards,
Shashi
So it seems they were unaware or simply lazy to get the update done. Will visit them soon and hopefully get it done or look for another dealer service who knows better.

Then yes, mine's in premium silver. I've been drunk on that colour for a while now. My previous car too was a silky silver and now, the splendid silver of the 2022 XL6 has become my new favourite. I think it looks even more stunning with those smoked tail lights.

And yes, I'll surely post photos of the car after everything gets done.
jalex77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 05:28   #1100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the splendid silver of the 2022 XL6 has become my new favourite. I think it looks even more stunning with those smoked tail lights.
True, the bluish hue it has, looks amazing. I think you should also get the Taillights and dicky trim replaced to new ones, would complete the look.

In Magma Grey, the smoke taillights didn't look as good, the conventional red ones provided better contrast IMO, thus I skipped.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 08:16   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
True, the bluish hue it has, looks amazing. I think you should also get the Taillights and dicky trim replaced to new ones, would complete the look.

Regards,
Shashi
I have plans to get that done too, maybe after a few months. Right now I have to start hunting for a buyer for the old parts. I don't think I'm going to get lucky like you with that.

Also wondering if the 2022 front grill would fit our cars easily? I saw this accessories store guy from Maharashtra convert a first gen XL6 into the new Alpha + variant on the outside with the black two tone and all, but that car didn't seem to have the lower
chrome garnish of the new version grill on it. If the new front grill can't be fitted on our car, I'll stick with the XL7 looks.
Attached Images

Last edited by jalex77 : 11th July 2022 at 08:19.
Old 11th July 2022, 13:33   #1102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also wondering if the 2022 front grill would fit our cars easily? I saw this accessories store guy from Maharashtra convert a first gen XL6 into the new Alpha + variant on the outside with the black two tone and all, but that car didn't seem to have the lower
chrome garnish of the new version grill on it. If the new front grill can't be fitted on our car, I'll stick with the XL7 looks.
Yes you can get the grill from Zeta 2022, including the lower chrome which will be direct fit for our bumpers.

I find the modifications of the said Youtuber cheesy and half baked at best. Thus the missing chrome bit isn't a surprise for me.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 14:40   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Yes you can get the grill from Zeta 2022, including the lower chrome which will be direct fit for our bumpers.

I find the modifications of the said Youtuber cheesy and half baked at best. Thus the missing chrome bit isn't a surprise for me.

Regards,
Shashi
Any idea about what the 2022 Zeta front grill costs? I had asked the MASS manager, but he has no clue.

And true about that accessory guy, his mods are a little too bling and colourful for my liking
Old 12th July 2022, 09:37   #1104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about what the 2022 Zeta front grill costs? I had asked the MASS manager, but he has no clue.
Rs. 1945 for net(this includes lower garnish, if you notice carefully, the above youtuber has left this untouched and it's old style grill, below the chrome bars) and Rs 2540 for upper grill(this includes upper and center chrome parts). You will perhaps need to replace the emblem too since it's visually larger, not sure though.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 08:53   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
One of the major drawbacks of XL6 are the headlights!...
So I went with Valeo fog lamp housing and Osram LED’s and the combination beats OE fogs black and blue. The spread is almost 180 degrees and gives immense confidence to drive triple digits at night when needed.
Hi MadTiger,

Could you please provide some more details of the LED's that you upgraded ?
i.e. Exact make and model / did you procure them online and get them fitted or did it in store itself ?

I too felt the headlights on the car were on the weaker side when driving at night especially on the highways.

Mine is a 2022 model XL6 Alpha.

Thanks
Fillmore
Old 13th July 2022, 10:20   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Rs. 1945 for net(this includes lower garnish, if you notice carefully, the above Youtuber has left this untouched and it's old style grill, below the chrome bars) and Rs 2540 for upper grill(this includes upper and center chrome parts). You will perhaps need to replace the emblem too since it's visually larger, not sure though.

Regards,
Shashi
Hi Shashi, do you have any idea if the suspension of 2022 XL6 can be used in 2020 Ertiga? Recently got to see new xl6 and it looks quite tall compared to older one.
Old 13th July 2022, 10:49   #1107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur2012 View Post
Hi Shashi, do you have any idea if the suspension of 2022 XL6 can be used in 2020 Ertiga? Recently got to see new xl6 and it looks quite tall compared to older one.
Why not, but I'm not sure how the ride will be with 15 inch rims, or how the stance would be with smaller wheels.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 19:40   #1108
BHPian

I followed this.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5217961 (My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review)

Got the Valeo dooms from Boodmo, OSRAM LED Bulbs from Amazon - DIY at home, quite easy to do.

The difference on road is like day and night.. You will love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Hi MadTiger,

Could you please provide some more details of the LED's that you upgraded ?
i.e. Exact make and model / did you procure them online and get them fitted or did it in store itself ?

I too felt the headlights on the car were on the weaker side when driving at night especially on the highways.

Mine is a 2022 model XL6 Alpha.

Thanks
Fillmore
dskumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 19:58   #1109
BHPian

I got the 0421 headunit update done today. I was told this was the latest. I showed them the snapshot of 0921 from Shashi’s thread. They did not have that. I think it will take sometime for all service centers to become aware of it. They’re pretty booked with the trainings for upcoming launches and what not.
TorqMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 20:26   #1110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskumar View Post
The difference on road is like day and night.. You will love it
True, the way this setup illuminates the surroundings is epic. Headlamps are decent for longer throw, but it's the stock fog lamps which suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
I got the 0421 headunit update done today. I was told this was the latest. I showed them the snapshot of 0921 from Shashi’s thread. They did not have that. I think it will take sometime for all service centers to become aware of it. They’re pretty booked with the trainings for upcoming launches and what not.
Don't worry, it will be available in sometime. It's never high priority on their list.

Regards,
Shashi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks