Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2007, 15:32   #166
BHPian

No advt campaign yet?

Quote:
they have the vehicles to sell in-stock, already launched, but will not sell
I've been waiting to see the official launch campaign in the media. So far nothing - at least in Pune.

Wonder why TATA is keeping so quiet if the vehicle is officially launched. Probably, their official launch date is still a few days away and they will confirm the delivery dates once they see the initial response.

BTW - what about other cities? Has TATA launched a advt campaign for the 2.2?
Old 10th October 2007, 15:34   #167
Team-BHP Support

yup the tv adverts are already out. it's based on lines and I love it.

But it's not as good as the Reclaim your life one.

here's the hyderabad launch video i found on youtube.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 10th October 2007 at 15:38.
Old 10th October 2007, 15:34   #168
BHPian

The official line is the delay in delivery is due to RTO problems with Taxation papers approval or something. The actual reason only TATA know. Probably they need a few more days to see how many more bits of rubber they can stick around the car to stop the rattles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I didnt get their strategy, they have the vehicles to sell in-stock, already launched, but will not sell ...why ???
Old 10th October 2007, 15:34   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
BTW - what about other cities? Has TATA launched a advt campaign for the 2.2?
Its all over television - the earlier ad about "reclaim your life" has been upgraded with the new model & a few other cosmetic changes.

Or are you referring to print media only in which case I haven't seen anything yet
Old 10th October 2007, 15:41   #170
Senior - BHPian

Talking about launches, you can see their hyderabad launch video here.

On which channel is their new ad more prominent, I could see it only during the Aus-India matches.
Old 10th October 2007, 15:44   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On which channel is their new ad more prominent, I could see it only during the Aus-India matches.
No idea about which is more prominent but I saw it on Star Sports & Espn (the only other channels I've seen over the weekend)
Old 10th October 2007, 15:45   #172
BHPian

Seen them a lot on the NDTV network. Also the print ads should start soon...once they have got all their rubber bits in place.

Quote:
Talking about launches, you can see their hyderabad launch video here.

Old 10th October 2007, 15:59   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post
The official line is the delay in delivery is due to RTO problems with Taxation papers approval or something. The actual reason only TATA know. Probably they need a few more days to see how many more bits of rubber they can stick around the car to stop the rattles...
Hope they offer the same rubber to all 3.0 customers free of cost
Old 10th October 2007, 16:15   #174
BHPian

Can you all help me please!!!

Which SUV I can go for ?

Tata Safari 2.2 or Ford Endeavour

Please Help!!!
Old 10th October 2007, 16:16   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Its all over television - the earlier ad about "reclaim your life" has been upgraded with the new model & a few other cosmetic changes.

Or are you referring to print media only in which case I haven't seen anything yet
Oh ok. I didn't know that - I've hardly got a chance to watch any TV in the last couple of days, so I was looking for the launch in the papers (TOI to be specific )
Old 10th October 2007, 16:53   #176
BHPian

I asked the Nawab motors they ar saying they will be getting LX by tomorrow or day after, EX and VX are already therir in stockyards taking rest before having some real bashing :0
Old 10th October 2007, 17:13   #177
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 Review

Looks and Interiors:
It’s the same old design with a bit of garnish here and there. The front grill does change the character of the car from regal for the earlier one to butch for this one. I cant say which one looks better, but I would prefer the Dicor 3.0 one. Interiors disappointingly remain the same, for quality that is. Plastic quality is a major concern and I am sure its not because of cost, TATA lacks the will. The leather covered steering wheels was already showing scruff marks with just 250 kms on the odo. I am sure with competition giving better quality TATA will ‘have’ to do it, else I don’t see them doing it themselves. The test car was 250 kms old and the beige interiors were already dirty, although they make the cabin look airy and light, its not a good idea for the Indian environment. The side cladding for EX is now body colored and both front power windows have the one-touch roll down function. Rest everything else remains the same. The seats still rival the best sofa’s around. The driver seat has all kinds of adjustment, including the height and lumbar support. The AC felt better than before, but only because the front vents are now better placed. The front and tail gate now feature nice looking scuff plates with Safari written on them.

Ride and Handling:
The ride is same as before, very plush but lesser weight on the front means that the whole car now feels much tighter. The suspension wiggle, every time Safari 3.0 goes over a bump or on undulations and while braking is all but missing here and that translates into better handling and better control of the car overall.
I am very impressed with the new steering. Although lacking feel, its pretty direct for a car of this size and weight and coupled with better, tighter suspension, I can play point and squirt, atleast in the city.It’s a huge improvement over the old safari and certainly something TATA should be applauded for.At higher speeds too, all the above improvements should mean better control over all.I drove the test car over a potholed road and rattles were completely absent.

Engine:
Ironically the most talked about feature of the new Safari was the most disappointing. Having driven the old Dicor with 115 bhp, I was expecting this 138 bhp engine with higher torque and a wider power band to be a stonker but I came back disappointed. The initial impressions were good, the 2.2 lunged forward in first gear effortlessly, turbo lag was apparent inspite of VGT though not much. There is a definite step up in power after 1500 rpm and it sailed past 2000 rpm with enthusiasm. The 2.2 felt sprightly driven in traffic. Its when I drove it on an open road was I disappointed and how! The acceleration is good up until 2500 rpm after which it begins to tail off a little bit and it’s all a struggle afterwards. The engine labored up 2700 rpm onwards and took its own sweet time going past 3000 rpm even when I had the accelerator glued to the floor in third gear!!! After 3000 rpm almost nothing happens, its one huge flat spot if I may say so and takes an eternity going from 3000 to 4000 rpm with no noticeable step up in speed or acceleration. Looking at the torque and power graph, the torque begins to tail after 3000 rpm but power increases linearly till 3500 rpm which was never felt. Even the almost flat torque curve from 1500 rpm to 3000 rpm wasn’t felt simply because the 2.2 labors up after 2500 rpm, it wasn’t effortless unlike the 3.0 engine which is great at anything over 1500 rpm. To its credit the engine is smooth and vibe free but is noisy after 3000 rpm.
I think there was a problem with the test car. The rpm rose each time I depressed the clutch to change gear. Can clutch be the reason for low pick up from the engine? I felt as if the clutch is working properly. I asked the showroom guy to give me a call after he takes the car back to the dealership and gets it checked. He did give me a call and says everything is fine which is hard to believe… Where have all the 138 horses gone? Dare I say, the Dicor 3.0 will absolutely kill it in straight line performance, except for the initial surge to say 60 kph.
I think I need to test drive someother car and come to a conclusion.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 10th October 2007 at 17:19.
Old 10th October 2007, 17:26   #178
Senior - BHPian

E_T, good review mate, very well outlined though quite disappointing about the engine. I'm guessing that you've been revving up a certain 3.0 L 4x4 so, in my opinion are well qualified to do the comparo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The engine labored up 2700 rpm onwards and took its own sweet time going past 3000 rpm even when I had the accelerator glued to the floor in third gear!!! After 3000 rpm almost nothing happens, its one huge flat spot if I may say so and takes an eternity going from 3000 to 4000 rpm with no noticeable step up in speed or acceleration. … Where have all the 138 horses gone? Dare I say, the Dicor 3.0 will absolutely kill it in straight line performance, except for the initial surge to say 60 kph.
Prajesh, see what I mean, not motivating enough! Accelerator glued to the floor in 3rd gear is where the 3.0 litre really comes into its own with the speedo climbing sharply!
Old 10th October 2007, 17:43   #179
BHPian

Sorry i am late for the discussion i didn't see this thread.

Anyone find out whats the mileage its giving both in city and highways? Whats TATA claim?
Old 10th October 2007, 17:50   #180
BHPian

from all that i have managed to see here, i am now more and more inclined to actually wait till jan 08 and then pick up the lx 2.2 as opposed to charging out and spending an extra 1.2 biggies to get the ex now.

my gut says the hoopla about the lx not being sold at the moment is to get the mahindra boys to reveal the scorpio 2.2 and then kick 'em in the nuts with a really competitive price on the lx. diwali should be very interesting

slightly ot now, these tata dealers don't seem to be particularly concerned with chasing sales - for the 1st time in my life, i have had to hound car dealers to get a TD (and thats after i've offered to pay upfront the same day for the car!!!) with them not bothering to return calls or set up meetings!!

is this only a delhi problem or have you guys had it across the country as a generic tata dealer problem??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks